No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spent the day patiently drilling and removing broken stud that holds the seal assembly/sleeve for the tacho drive. Finally rewarded with success, new seals and now all back together

Comment

what did you wrench on today

I have been re-assembeling my gs750. Re painted cyl barrels and head, fresh painted body parts wifey is happy to get them out of the house . Just exhaust to mod and fit, got a gs1000gl system to fit
      My bikes 79 GS1000 1085 checked and approved by stator the GSR mascot and 77 GS750 with 850 top end, GS850g, and my eldest sons 78 GS550, youngest sons GS125. Project bike 79 GS1000N

Comment

Your bike is looking mighty good well done ,,WELL DONE!!!!

Comment

^^That's a beautiful 750!

Ed
          GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
          GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
          Originally posted by GSXR7ED
          Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Thank you very much, it's getting there
            My bikes 79 GS1000 1085 checked and approved by stator the GSR mascot and 77 GS750 with 850 top end, GS850g, and my eldest sons 78 GS550, youngest sons GS125. Project bike 79 GS1000N

Comment

Rob (AZR) came over today to help me (do the work ) finish off putting the new carb boots on my 750. We synched the carbs and it is running better than ever, and that's saying a lot! Fun day Rob, I really appreciate your help and love your company.

And I celebrated with a glass of red while listening to Ray Charles!
              No signature

Comment

Cashmere and wine.....classic buddy, classic.
                Rob
                1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
                  Cashmere and wine.....classic buddy, classic.
                  Lol...well you know buddy, old habits die hard!
                  No signature

Comment

Well, my achievement was further pulling the carbies apart and unganging them. Then to dip them in carby cleaner. Did all four carbs, tops and bowls over the weekend.

Came out pretty good.

Comment

Good job Sam, you won't regret the extra time spent!
                      1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Jetting the 550 for the old Kerker pipe someone gave me. Surprised at how much bigger main jet it took. Might need to raise the needle again as well. Man is this thing loud. Need to repack it next.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Finished up putting my electrical back together. Spent close to 2 hours trying to figure out why my turn signals weren't working. Checking connections, cleaning grounds, took apart the switch, ran some extra grounds for my sanity's sake, bought a new relay... Did this over, and over, and over, how can something so simple cause that much frustration? It's like 4 damn wires! I had just unwrapped and re-wrapped the harness last week, how could I screw it up this freaking bad? When I'd just about had enough I looked at the back of the box on the relay I bought... had the wires switched. Man I hate electrics. Popped the cover off my old relay just for laughs, there was an unreal amount of rust in there. It actually worked once I popped the little transistor thing back into place.

Comment

Packed the Kerker with glass, much much better. Can hear myself think now. Couple more main jet swaps, getting very close. Just little more tweaking on the needle I think….. Also getting quicker at it. Carbs out, swap four main jets, carbs back in and running, down to 15 minutes now.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I determined after getting to run, my Honda CL70, needs a new needle valve.
                              V
                              Gustov
                              80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                              81 GS 1000 G
                              79 GS 850 G
                              81 GS 850 L
                              83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                              80 GS 550 L
                              86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                              2002 Honda 919
                              2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Finally ( after 2 years owning the bike)_ got new tires on the skunk. Now i can actually take itfor its first ride!!!
                                MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                                1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Working...
                                X