No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chuck I thought my case covers had a pretty good shine, but I see I have a ways to go. Nice skunk

Comment

Chuck very nice bike !!!! Looks new

Comment

WAAAAAAAAAHHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I finally decided to listen to you all. After weeks. Went out into the cold and dipped the carbs for 24hrs each and rebuit them. Set the floats properly and synced them. Put it all together. And boom! A little convincing. And she fired right up! This is the bike I found under a pile of garbage in the back of a barn.

This is my first ever bike. And my first ever engine I got running that came to me dead.

That is one seriously great feeling!!

Now to finish the paint and sew a new seat cover. Get my license. And insurance. And I'm off.

Comment

Been nice here last couple of days and got a pair of fenders from hjfisk so thought it was a good day to strip. Also stripping a tank. I am making myself another set of (not sure what to call them, tank, fender and all plastics) so I can swap out. Just for the fun of it. Wife picked the new color, oiled bronze

Comment

Dinner!

First coat anyway.

Comment

Finished up the SSPB installation today. No more fuse box problems for me ever again!

1982 GS550M Rebuilt Winter '12 - 550 to 673cc engine conversion.
              1989 Kawasaki ZX-7 Ninja
              2016 Ducati Scrambler Full Throttle

Comment

Sprayed disc brake quiet on the back of my rear pads, fixed a light bulb in the console, and verified the torque on my oil pan as it is leaking ever so slightly. Daughter has a performance this morning then back to her brakes and a ride later
                Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Sci85 View Post
                  Finished up the SSPB installation today. No more fuse box problems for me ever again!

That's a nice, clean, install.
                  Well done!

Comment

I replaced the intake manifolds as they were well passed their sell by date. Now I'm trying to set the pilot screws on the carbs to get a smooth tickover, Anyone know a trick on how to adjust the inner two carbs without having to remove the tank each time?

I screwed the all the way in and the out 2 1/2 turns but it revs way to high, about 3000 rpm.

Comment

Originally posted by Sci85 View Post

Good job .

Comment

Originally posted by CartoonLifeStyle View Post
                        I replaced the intake manifolds as they were well passed their sell by date. Now I'm trying to set the pilot screws on the carbs to get a smooth tickover, Anyone know a trick on how to adjust the inner two carbs without having to remove the tank each time?

I screwed the all the way in and the out 2 1/2 turns but it revs way to high, about 3000 rpm.
                        If it revs up when you are adjusting them turn the idle back down before going to the next one. That is how you know you are doing it correctly. Ray.

Comment

No wrenching but AZR left his bike at my house Friday night after my little garage party. He still wasn't feeling up to picking it up yesterday so today I decided to give it a little bath. Great looking 78 1000!!

It looks good in my garage...maybe I'll keep her.

And while my wife was away in Seattle with our son for a few days she picked up this for my garage...Love Bill (Carl) Murray.
                          No signature

Comment

I finally got the Yoshi 73mm pistons installed in the bored over '79 1000E cylinder today mounted into the '82 1100G bottom end.

Comment

I started in on the Jeep today putting its front end on jack stands and removing the hood. I stopped after draining the oil and confirming the head gasket, at least, is shot (green dots in the oil). I'll start removing engine bits later this week and hope the head itself isn't warped.
                              Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I was able to get out and clean up the shop a bit...
                                Attached Files
                                My Motorcycles:
                                22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                                22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                                82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                                81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                                79 1000e (all original)
                                82 850g (all original)
                                80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Working...
                                X