No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought a new motorcycle lift yesterday. I moved things around a bit and set it up.

Managed to change the oil in the 83 GS750 I acquired last fall. It's really nice to work at a decent height above the floor. My back has been giving me some problems from crouching down while working. It's a bit of a hazard from working in construction for so many years. Hopefully this will keep me wrenching on the bikes. Very good day.
    Last edited by Charlie G; 03-13-2016, 11:42 PM.
    sigpic
    83 GS1100g
    2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Hey way to go Charlie on getting the lift! I want one too. Hey is it me or is your garage looking pretty neat and organized?
      No signature

Comment

So it doesn't look like your 750 will be ready for the rally this year. Oh well, I think I'll be bring the 1000 this year anyway. Just did the dual disk conversion today and all went well. Missing a couple of parts but 98% done. Don't feel bad, it only took me about three years to do it.

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post

Bought a new motorcycle lift yesterday. I moved things around a bit and set it up.

Managed to change the oil in the 83 GS750 I acquired last fall. It's really nice to work at a decent height above the floor. My back has been giving me some problems from crouching down while working. It's a bit of a hazard from working in construction for so many years. Hopefully this will keep me wrenching on the bikes. Very good day.
        '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Replaced spark plug caps on the 81 1100 today....

No signature

Comment

Do you know these have a built in resistor, from the days of long ago when spark plugs interfered with radio signals.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
              Hey way to go Charlie on getting the lift! I want one too. Hey is it me or is your garage looking pretty neat and organized?
              You've heard of a good hair day? I had a good garage day. Whatever space I have, it will be filled in 6 months.

Originally posted by Sandy View Post
              So it doesn't look like your 750 will be ready for the rally this year. Oh well, I think I'll be bring the 1000 this year anyway. Just did the dual disk conversion today and all went well. Missing a couple of parts but 98% done. Don't feel bad, it only took me about three years to do it.
              I doubt I'll have it done by early June, or even by the end of summer. Next year sounds like a achievable goal...... Thanks for the comments
              sigpic
              83 GS1100g

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

I am now officially jealous

V.
                Gustov
                80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                81 GS 1000 G
                79 GS 850 G
                81 GS 850 L
                83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                80 GS 550 L
                86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                2002 Honda 919
                2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie G View Post

Bought a new motorcycle lift yesterday. I moved things around a bit and set it up. ........
                  Nice.
                  I have been pondering such for sometime now. Biggest hold-back is that I need the space to park car in winter.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                  GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by sinkankan View Post
                    ............... these have a built in resistor, from the days of long ago when spark plugs interfered with radio signals.
                    Hey, I think they still would interfere with radio....
                    ..but, hum, havent thought of this in a while, maybe someone can say if, was that just AM that ignition noise would interfere with?.
                    (schesch, thinking of it not, maybe some people these days dont know what AM is.)

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                      Nice.
                      I have been pondering such for sometime now. Biggest hold-back is that I need the space to park car in winter.

Cars don't belong in garages!

Originally posted by gustovh View Post
                      I am now officially jealous

V.
                      You welcome to come over and use it anytime you like.
                      sigpic
                      83 GS1100g

Comment

Originally posted by sinkankan View Post
                        Do you know these have a built in resistor, from the days of long ago when spark plugs interfered with radio signals.
                        Funny, I remember when I was a kid, when snowmobiles would go by the house the tv would go all buzzy.
                        No signature

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                          Hey, I think they still would interfere with radio....
                          ..but, hum, havent thought of this in a while, maybe someone can say if, was that just AM that ignition noise would interfere with?.
                          (schesch, thinking of it not, maybe some people these days dont know what AM is.)

Suppressors are still very necessary.
                          ---- Dave
                          79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                          80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                          79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                          92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Looking good Chucky G!
                            I just replaced the rear lights on my 1100G with short stem lights, you might consider that. The long stems seem to get whacked somewhat, usually by pulling a tired leg over. Short stems look more tidy.
                            Last edited by Buffalo Bill; 03-15-2016, 06:59 AM.
                            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Finally got around to throwing on my new rubber Tarozzi rearsets that replace my machined aluminum ones

I'm not sure which is better, the new rearsets or the place I have to work on them.

Rob
                              1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                              Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
                                Suppressors are still very necessary.
                                I recently saw a thread on one of the forums about a newer computer equipped bike unable to rev past 5000, turned out to be solid core wires confusing the computer....
                                sigpic
                                09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                                1983 GS1100e
                                82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                                1980 GS1260
                                Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Working...
                                X