what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
    And thats at 60 to 65 MPH average..not racing or dogging on her either.
    When did you ever start riding like that?
    De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Ever since the right fork went dead and it started getting some wobble around 85 to 90!!! NOW...She should be much better handling. Couple that with some properly tuned carbs and i think i should be able to hit around 125 to 130 easily..I hope!!! Now both forks have 7 OZ of new oil and are set at exactly 12.5 PSI per side..
      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

When I get home tonight, I'm going to start tearing off the intake manifold on the Suburban...
        Need to replace the intake manifold gasket...
        She's had a slow leak for months and I finally have a decent weekend to do it...
        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

put the 82 1100e wheels on the 78 750 forks and swinger are a winter project. headlight mounted on the 1100 front end along with gauges. the gsxr mod almost complete. need to clearance the swinger for sprocket nuts yet. also need to find why positive on battery melted.... /:

Comment

Dam that's the trouble with 4 wheels you can watch them all....good thing I wasn't going fast....

Comment

Started working on the Suburban last night.
              Need to change out the intake manifold gaskets...
              Started like this...

Got this far last night...Only a couple of brackets, the fuel lines, the distributor and a valve cover to go...then out comes the manifold...
              After that of course is old gasket clean up time...ugh...

Wouldn't be bad, except I have to work on a step stool...

Comment

Man...I hate cleaning gasket surfaces...

Comment

Feel for ya. That crap will kill a mans back.
                  My neighbors 03 Burb also has the same leak.

Just had a 1200 dollar fuel pump done a few weeks ago too.
                  sigpic

82 GS850
                  78 GS1000
                  04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                  .................________-|___\____
                  ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post

I use a wire wheel on a 90 degree die grinder for that sort of thing, much easier than hand tools, and a wire wheel won't eat up the surface like a rollock wheel can. Just a suggestion.

Comment

That is too funny...look familiar ? I am in the process of doing the same exact job on my truck. I'm using roloc surface conditioning discs to clean mine.

Last edited by Guest; 07-11-2010, 01:41 AM.

Comment

Wouldn't be bad, except I have to work on a step stool...
                        If you have an adjustable ladder, this is much more comfortable. You can lay on your stomach and easily reach the back of the engine.

Comment

Let's see, put the new stator back into the cover but need to remove it and put some loctite on the screws. Pushed the wiring through that little rubber dam; fortunately it was still a little oily so I didn't have too much trouble. Then went to pick up some parts to do the valve adjustment and 4 80-lb bags of concrete to fix the pen for the horses. I'll start on that in the AM and maybe get the stator back on tomorrow evening as well. Also, did some school work (working on my Masters degree).
                          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by almarconi View Post
                            That is too funny...look familiar ? I am in the process of doing the same exact job on my truck. I'm using roloc surface conditioning discs to clean mine.
                            LOL...yes, that is funny...

Just buttoned mine up, changed the oil, added anti-freeze and started her up...
                            So far, so good.

That really was a pain in the arse job, no doubt...but I just keep thinking of the $500-600 I saved doing it myself....

Comment

Way to go Bob! I know I hate being bent over all the time it takes to do that job!!! Are you still giving up on drag racing? Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidray View Post
                                Way to go Bob! I know I hate being bent over all the time it takes to do that job!!! Are you still giving up on drag racing? Ray.
                                Yup....need to sell the bike soon...don't need the money, just hate to see it sitting...

(Although I'm considering setting a bike up to run the street legal 10.50 index class they run at my track...)

Comment

Working...
                                X