• Show
Clear All

Taped and laid the first round of mud on the boys' walls
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
      Taped and laid the first round of mud on the boys' walls
      Mud and tape......ugh. one of my least preferred projects, along with sanding. Good to hear you're progressing on the new digs though.

My ceilings are now primed, and of course the the imperfections have showed up......I try to look at it in the long range though. My first mud jobs years ago were a full on abomination......Which I got to look at nightly as they were on our bedroom ceiling. Ive gotten better. Not faster mind you, but better.
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

2nd oil change & filter @ about 200 miles after rebuild. 15/40 Rotella was coming out like water. Bike seems happy aside from a bit burbly below 3k. #3 looks like it's running hotter than the other other cylinders. Did about a 70 mile loop today, with one stop in-between to let the motor cool off. Probably about 12+ heat cycles, by now. Probably retorque the head tomorrow, and check the valves, maybe fuss with the carbs a bit,and look at the plugs.
        GS\'s since 1982: 55OMZ, 550ES, 750ET, (2) 1100ET\'s, 1100S, 1150ES. Current ride is an 83 Katana. Wifes bike is an 84 GS 1150ES

Comment

Glad to hear you're situation is coming together.
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Well not really wrenching but I did fix something on my 750 that has bothered me ever since I bought it 3 and a half years ago.
            This...

I looked on ebay and kinda figured I would be hard pressed to find one but a few weeks ago when my Suzuki dealer surprised me by getting me engine emblems at half the cost as fleabay..I asked if they could get the bar emblem...it was on back order but it came in today. $9. Lol....You guys know me...it was brutal looking down at that trashed emblem. Not any more...

So while at it I sanded and painted the bar clamp...came out nice.

No signature

Comment

Cool. Im on my third "Suzuki" screw cover on the 1150 dash. Since they were available and cheap I bought 2 the second time. I put a little dab of something to keep it in place last time.
              sigpic

Glen
              -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Looks good Trevor, too bad it's just a bit crooked.
                Rob
                1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
                  Hahahahahahaha....
                  No signature

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
                    Yes and it looks newer than the parts around it. ........pity.
                    '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

I replaced the plate on my GS650G when it was about ten. Same thing happened in another five. Put several heavy coats of clear lacquer, and plan to replace every several years.
                      sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

Yup replaced mine as well. The old one was about all rubbed off. The new one is starting to show signs as well now. Oh well.
                        sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                        1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Did some small things on my 79 GS750E today. Took the carburetors off to clean them and started undoing the ziptie job the P/O used to control the rats nest he was working with.

Comment

Prepped my 919 for the road tomorrow.

V
                            Gustov
                            80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                            81 GS 1000 G
                            79 GS 850 G
                            81 GS 850 L
                            83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                            80 GS 550 L
                            86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                            2002 Honda 919
                            2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Would a small piece of cell phone transparent screen protective cover work to protect the logo? A resilent plastic film might last a long time because it could give and rebound.
                              sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

Originally posted by themess View Post
                                Would a small piece of cell phone transparent screen protective cover work to protect the logo? A resilent plastic film might last a long time because it could give and rebound.
                                That or just don't have a key ring on that one key.
                                sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                                1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                                2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Working...
                                X