No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New rear tire for the 750ES (Shinko Tourmaster 230) and new rear brake shoes.

http://
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    2014 BMW F800GSA | 1981 GS850GX | 1982 GS750T (now the son-in-laws) | 1983 GS750ES | 1983 Honda V45 Magna (needs some love) | 1980 Yamaha GT80 and LB80 "Chappy" | 1973 and 1975 Honda XL250 projects

Comment

Originally posted by Grimly View Post
      There's a manual tap available for teh Z650 - a quick google will find it.
      Thanks Grimly. I had a spare GS tap so I have fitted that to it for now, perhaps for ever.

Comment

Changed out my gear oil and bled the front brake this evening, need to grab some longer hose to bleed the rear and get that done. But a pretty good day in the garage.

Comment

A large paint flake inside one of my carbs. Added an inline fuel filter and new fuel line, also replaced the leaking fuel filler cap, and as already mentioned the fuel tap, waiting for O rings and Allen bolts to arrive to complete the rebuild of the carbs.
          Attached Files

Comment

I polished the crankcase and fixed a leaking gasket today,
            Attached Files

Comment

The left stator cover was leaking oil pretty good but no more!
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gs1000g View Post
                I polished the crankcase and fixed a leaking gasket today,
                Lookin' good !!! Keep up the good work.
                My Motorcycles:
                22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                79 1000e (all original)
                82 850g (all original)
                80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Originally posted by mikerophone View Post
                  New rear tire for the 750ES (Shinko Tourmaster 230) and new rear brake shoes.

http://

Just did front and back myself this morning on my brake pads. Easy peasy! EBCs as well.

Comment

Originally posted by AKC75 View Post
                    Just did front and back myself this morning on my brake pads. Easy peasy! EBCs as well.
                    Nice work! EBC's are cheap and IMO reliable.
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------
                    2014 BMW F800GSA | 1981 GS850GX | 1982 GS750T (now the son-in-laws) | 1983 GS750ES | 1983 Honda V45 Magna (needs some love) | 1980 Yamaha GT80 and LB80 "Chappy" | 1973 and 1975 Honda XL250 projects

Comment

Originally posted by mikerophone View Post
                      Nice work! EBC's are cheap and IMO reliable.
                      Oh yea! Soooo much better! My rear pads had about 2mm left on them. I was def getting that feeling it was time.

When you got a whole lotta go you need a whole lotta wooooh!

Comment

In the on going search for my engine rattle, I pulled the clutch cover and found the ubiquitous loose nut. (As opposed to the nut holding the wrench). Time to order one... I also pulled the antique scooter out of the shed, filled the wretched 50 year old tires with air, primed it, and its 2 stroke heart fired right up. I took it for a loop around the block.... yeee ha!

.....oh, and i worked on the house project thats now approaching a month beyond when we wanted to finish....
                        Attached Files
                        sigpic
                        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                        -Rusty old scooter.
                        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Worked on this wretched POS... Pile Of Subaru that is. This one isn't mine but my G/F's. It's her winter beater that didn't get used this winter . Yeah we perpetuate the rumor that everyone in VT drives Subarus....

2 struts, 2 rear calipers, 1 wheel bearing and all the pads & rotors... So much fun, that Canadian north wind was killer and with a high of 26' I wanted to call it quits 4 hours in... But I got what i wanted done...

Next is the other side's struts and bringing it in for new tires. then it will be set to get rid of!!! Good riddance!
                          Last edited by Jedz123; 03-28-2015, 10:05 PM.
                          Jedz Moto
                          1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                          1988 Honda GL1500-6
                          2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                          2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                          2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                          Originally posted by Hayabuser
                          Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Milestone: Electronics are relocated to a small box under the cafe seat. Reattached battery in new location with new cables and ground points. Lights came on, no fires ensued.

Re-installed carburetors with larger pilot jets. Reattached pods. Now to re-install exhaust for final curing of the ceramic coating...

Comment

Re-attached freshly cerrocoated exhaust.
                              2015-03-29 13.02.18.jpg

Comment

Removed and inspected the clutch....it looks great. The oil pump gear, beraing and washer behind it......not so much.
                                Attached Files
                                sigpic
                                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                                -Rusty old scooter.
                                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Working...
                                X