No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taught the wife how to build carburetors last night.

Walked her through and showed her how to put the freshly dipped 850 carbs together. She was excited to say the least. Will be finishing them and bench syncing them tonight hopefully.

Comment

Removed and replaced the rear main seal on the pumpkin of my 850L.

V
      Gustov
      80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
      81 GS 1000 G
      79 GS 850 G
      81 GS 850 L
      83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
      80 GS 550 L
      86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
      2002 Honda 919
      2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

MRBILL, SH-775 reg-rec are thin on the ground here in UK. I use a 6 wire Honda type on my bikes, going to Canada in June and will try to pick up a couple.
        My bikes 79 GS1000 1085 checked and approved by stator the GSR mascot and 77 GS750 with 850 top end, GS850g, and my eldest sons 78 GS550, youngest sons GS125. Project bike 79 GS1000N

Comment

I put some new black Super Bike bars on today at lunch.

http://

http://

Comment

Originally posted by AKC75 View Post
            I put some new black Super Bike bars on today at lunch.
            ah, my favourite kinda project..! Handsome bike there,AKC75!

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
              ah, my favourite kinda project..! Handsome bike there,AKC75!
              Thanks brotha! She's about to undergo a slight makeover. New powder coat coming soon.

What a different feel these bars make too. Really diggin it.

Comment

AKC, thats a classy looking paint job on your bike.
                sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                -Rusty old scooter.
                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

The last few days the weather was warm so I was able to get the rest of the painting and clear coating done. Today managed to finished off a few details like pull the stands and paint them, one of the things I always seem to forget. Then the finishing touch was the GS750EF decal on the left fairing, to be clear coated at a later date. Voila! Done. ...more or less. Now if the weather would just smarten up I could go wear the nubs off my new tires.

Last edited by Sandy; 04-11-2015, 10:23 PM.
                  '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Three solid days of rain, which was the tail end of a cyclone. So the man shed got a little love, and I got the photos and paintings hung up. Nothing a few tunes and the sound of the rain on a tin roof.
                    The blue painting is one I picked up in Bali last year, I've just got to find the 10 or so license plates I have, they're not lost, I just can't find them.

Comment

Beautiful job on the GS Sandy. You make it look easy. I have difficulty putting a gas cap back together.
                      1985 GSX750SF (BOTM March 2015)
                      1986 GSX750SG (parts bike/project?)

Comment

Originally posted by odin1 View Post
                        Beautiful job on the GS Sandy. You make it look easy. I have difficulty putting a gas cap back together.
                        Thanks for that. I was lucky to start with a pretty nice original motorcycle so that made the job not that difficult. Just time consuming having to remove 30 years and 75,000kms of wear and tear as well as a bit of road rash.. At one point though it looked like this. My wife said. "How could turn a good motorcycle into such a pile of parts." Today's project was not quite so interesting. Put batteries back in the RV, test all the appliances including the furnace that was out for the winter while I replaced a couple of lock out switches that were acting up during our last trip in the fall.

'84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Spring in MN. Two days ago I had to white knuckle it home from work through a blizzard. 3-4 inches of snow/slush made for some interesting hydroplaning.

Today - new chain, oil change, valve cover gasket and a wash.
                          82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                            AKC, thats a classy looking paint job on your bike.
                            Thanks DB!

But alas it's about to change. The tank has a pretty big ding on the top right. And the rear fender was at one point welded do to a split. And the guy did not do a good job grinding it down.

So I have another tank and fender that is getting powder coated hopefully this week. It should look pretty awesome though.

I'll decide if the side covers go well enough or not once they're on before I paint those. But more than likely will get changed as well.

Comment

Ordered a few parts for the 850 today, put plugs in it and worked on the wiring mess yesterday while I was grilling.

I will be removing my 1100 kat carbs from the sauce today to spray and blow off for their rebuild.

Comment

Over the weekend I fixed my sticky throttle. Thought I needed a new cable, but all I needed to do was clean up the throttle tube, lube the cable, and clean/relube where the cable goes through the handlebar switch. Nice and snappy now!

Also replaced my fuel line, breather hose (airbox to breather cover), made an auxiliary gas tank so I can resync my carbs post valve adjustment, and hung some pegboard. Hope to have the bike on the road next weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X