No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finishing up the FZ1 Veteran Tribute Army bike.. Almost done but damn it's looking sharp, and unique!
    Jedz Moto
    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
    1988 Honda GL1500-6
    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
    Originally posted by Hayabuser
    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
      Finishing up the FZ1 Veteran Tribute Army bike.. Almost done but damn it's looking sharp, and unique!
      I like it nice job.

I mounted the top Hannigan fairing onto the 83 1100G and fabed a windshield for it, need some screws to mount the full lowers. It has been a long time since I rode with something like that on the front of a bike, we will see, comes off easy enough.

V
      Gustov
      80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
      81 GS 1000 G
      79 GS 850 G
      81 GS 850 L
      83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
      80 GS 550 L
      86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
      2002 Honda 919
      2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Changed the oil and filter on the GS today after a nice ride in the 78 degree sunshine. While I was at it, because I had time and the parts, I took the clutch apart and inspected everything. Had a bit of trouble getting the clutch cover off until I figured out the actuator lever will jack it right out...
        Everything looked like a 17K mile bike should, The big nut was tight, and as suggested here I put in 3 HD EBC clutch springs. Anyone need the other 3?
        sigpic
        09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
        1983 GS1100e
        82\83 1100e Frankenbike
        1980 GS1260
        Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Finished wiring the replacement tail light for the XS and blew another couple coats of rattle-can juice on the tank.
          ---- Dave
          79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
          80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
          79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
          92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Today I received my shims and finished up my valve adjustment. I am still waiting on the correct air filter to show up so that I can ride.
            When I checked out the air filter setup I found that it had a K & N filter from a 1978 Yamaha 250..

Comment

Adjusted the valves and cleaned the carb on my 110cc Chinese ATV I'm prepping for sale. Also cleaned the electrical connections and pulled the front wheels for new valve stems. Had to pull the rear wheel and brake drum to get at the old brake shoes. The friction material had de-laminated from the shoe itself and led to a no brake situation on the rear. PO destroyed the adjuster trying to compensate for the loss of the friction material. Ordered new shoes and adjuster. After hearing how bad it sounded when I got it I'm pleased to say this little 110 now purrs like sewing machine.

Comment

I got the OEM strap that holds the battery in the battery box. Now I can get rid of the elastic strap.
                I still have some cleaning up to do...
                Attached Files

Comment

Worked on the 1100G all week, new tires and fork seals, adapted Samsonite bags and tail box form a 1000G. Mounted the Hannigan fairing and fabbed a missing windshield and got the turn signals working, fabbed rear turn signal mount. As soon as the electrolysis is over an the fuel tank, I will take it for a test ride.

V
                  Gustov
                  81 GS 1000 G
                  79 GS 850 G
                  81 GS 850 L
                  80 GS 550 L
                  2002 Honda 919
                  2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by gustovh View Post
                    Worked on the 1100G all week, new tires and fork seals, adapted Samsonite bags and tail box form a 1000G. Mounted the Hannigan fairing and fabbed a missing windshield and got the turn signals working, fabbed rear turn signal mount. As soon as the electrolysis is over an the fuel tank, I will take it for a test ride.

V
                    come on Vince, you've got to have a camera somewhere....
                    Rob
                    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Soon, I will post pictures, have a bicycle awareness day at the local school today. I have been corralled into being the bicycle mec. and I know very little about bicycles, but how hard can checking tire pressure be anyway?

V
                      Gustov
                      81 GS 1000 G
                      79 GS 850 G
                      81 GS 850 L
                      80 GS 550 L
                      2002 Honda 919
                      2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Put a new radiator into a friends BMW 728. Straight in and out. Just needed to be clever about removing the viscous fan. Love those quick disconnect coolant hoses.
                        97 R1100R
                        Previous
                        80 GS850G, 79 Z400B, 85 R100RT, 80 Z650D, 76 CB200

Comment

Still de rusting the fuel tank.

[/URL]

I tried to improve the lighting, with no luck.
                          [

Well the tank is flushed and mounted on the bike and half full of gas. she gets her first test outing tomorrow.

V
                          Last edited by gustovh; 05-03-2015, 01:18 AM.
                          Gustov
                          81 GS 1000 G
                          79 GS 850 G
                          81 GS 850 L
                          80 GS 550 L
                          2002 Honda 919
                          2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Gustovh,Thats a cool looking fairing.
                            sigpic
                            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                            -Rusty old scooter.
                            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Got my clutch put back together. Nealy made the fatal flaw of forgetting to bend the clutch nut washer....I was cleaning up and looking at the bad parts when I saw the old one. S---! Do over..... Hopefully I'll go for a test romp tomorrow.
                              Last edited by dorkburger; 05-03-2015, 06:17 PM.
                              sigpic
                              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                              -Rusty old scooter.
                              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                                Got my clutch put back together. Nealy made the fatal flaw of forgetting to bend the clutch nut washer....I was cleaning up and looking at the bad parts when I saw the old one. S---! Do over..... Hopefully I'll go for a rest romp tomorrow.
                                I'd closely inspect Nealy's work in future. Him and Noone are responsible for some shocking jobs.
                                ---- Dave
                                79 GS850N - Might be a trike soon.
                                80 GS850T Single HIF38 S.U. SH775, Tow bar, Pantera II. Gnarly workhorse & daily driver.
                                79 XS650SE - Pragmatic Ratter - goes better than a manky old twin should.
                                92 XJ900F - Fairly Stock, for now.

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Working...
                                X