what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
    A customer of mine wanted a "catio" she called it. A patio for her cats!. A covered patio already existed so I framed in some walls and will make screens and a door soon. Fun in the sun!!
    I used all rough cedar and a thompsons water seal stain. She said "make it look earthy".
    I tried!

Nothing a kitty likes more than a nice screen to sharpen their claws on. Better use 1/4" hardware cloth
    sigpic
    09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
    1983 GS1100e
    82\83 1100e Frankenbike
    1980 GS1260
    Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

I really enjoy the replies/pics here for some reason.
      Nice cedar/ "catio".

Had to google 2010 HHR, Yikes , that's the way most cars/trucks rust Geez, the stuff I've done and got planned on my '95 truck I feel like I should've/ might as well have gotten a '69- 70something...

My "abusive" wife was at work all day, called DMV for 1/2 hour speaker phone wait (with music) this AM .
      They told me I had "forwarding" needed to go to post office to submit my address (I never had "forwarding").
      Dragged kids to post office, the manager told me I needed to go to other post office near me.
      I got sort of ticked, explained I went there because near me there's not much English spoken. The first generation asian american manager got all offended and told me they DO speaky english!
      I had to explain well it's not so much the employees but the people in line learning english words ...

Went to other post office, the manager there (also...) went in back about 20 minutes and returned told me there;s no hold on my mail OR forwarding BUT the regular mail carrier was on vacation and she left a note to make sure to deliver my DMV mail (this time)...By then it was like 2PM.

I was really trying not to have an attitude after hearing nearly everyone's license gets lost/not sent on first attempt due to some scam out of Richmond (DMV headquarters) they get sold or Used to vote, thought of somebody trying to vote hillary w/ my license was...

I was JUST about to change out one of my idle (air) pilot jets I got last week, and it started raining pretty hard. Had tools out and all.
      Just after abusive wife got home.
      One of the tips on my (20) pilot jet was broken off noticed when I cleaned carbs.
      I put it in the outer bowl so I can probably swap it w/out removing carb even (Mikuni RS).
      Probably will just to see/check condition again.

I get real crappy mileage and my idle gets to 3000RPM sometimes, and then other times it's perfect even the whole ride.
      Figured changing the pilot jet was biggest concern.
      Planning on adjusting the screws/ synching too but I really just want to ride it and mess with even the small stuff when it's cold out...
      My bare metal tank gets too hot to touch when I park at work, maybe some/lot evaporates too(?) thinking.

Wow , long stupid reply but already typed it ...Urgh! still raining NO riding time I was headed to shop to see IF mechanic there can tell me which clutch master I have so I can order a master cylinder diaphragm.
      Test out the new pilot jet.

Comment

I had some unplanned work yesterday. I was doing some work on the '81, had the seat and tank on the floor. Under the exhaust hanging from the garage door rails. You can guess the rest. Got out my "As seen on TV" trusty Ding King and glue gun, the one before they got all plasticky. An hour of work and it looks pretty darn good. Pulled off a bit of paint, but 1/8" of filler and it is good...It needed a repaint anyway, so no real harm. There are some amazing PDR tools now, watched some hail damage repair videos on Youtube.

Before:

After:

sigpic
        1983 GS1100e
        82\83 1100e Frankenbike
        1980 GS1260

Comment

Originally posted by bobgroger View Post
          I had some unplanned work yesterday. I was doing some work on the '81, had the seat and tank on the floor. Under the exhaust hanging from the garage door rails. You can guess the rest. Got out my "As seen on TV" trusty Ding King and glue gun, the one before they got all plasticky. An hour of work and it looks pretty darn good. Pulled off a bit of paint, but 1/8" of filler and it is good...It needed a repaint anyway, so no real harm. There are some amazing PDR tools now, watched some hail damage repair videos on Youtube.

Before:

After:

Oh man, I did the same thing a while back. Luckily I heard the weird sound it made and jumped for the button. Caught it just before the pipes came down!
          Roger

Current rides
          1983 GS 850G
          2003 FJR 1300A
          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
            Have to clean the dust off me drums, overdue.
            Gretsch Catalina Birch shells with vintage Slingerland, Radio King, Gene Krupa model, brass snare.
            I envy drummers!
            Alan

sigpic
            Weaned on a '74 450 Honda
            Graduated to an '82 GS850GL
            Now riding an '83 GS1100GL
            Added an '82 GS1100GL

Comment

The train wreck known as the summer of 2016 rolls on......
              sigpic
              When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
              -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
              -Rusty old scooter.
              Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
              https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
              https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Vacuum that floor before you track that dust everywhere!
                I always keep the work space clean. You let that build up and it becomes a cleaning disaster.
                "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Fun stuff! The only thing i enjoy more than drywall work is, well, just about anything!
                  Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A
                  Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Typically its been sand, clean up, recoat. The fan runs during sanding and pulls air into the room from the gap under the door keeping a most of the dust from escaping into the hall. Minor sanding tonight, a final check then prime..... then trim work.
                    sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

I enjoy being paid to do it.
                      "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                      1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                      1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                      1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Bill View Post
                        I enjoy being paid to do it.
                        I can think of things I enjoy more getting paid for... Dishes for one... LOL I really am bad at dry wall anyway . I'm usually the one paying to get it done. I do enjoy that.
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                        Originally posted by Hayabuser
                        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Getting paid is good. You can leave it at the end of the day.
                          Doing it evenings after working all day, plus commuting..... blows.
                          Im thankful to have the ability to handle most home projects, but it sure cuts both ways at times.
                          Paying a guy to do doors, windows, and outside trim work this winter was...... good.
                          sigpic

Glen
                          -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                            Nice clock!
                            Current Bikes:
                            2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                              Nice radio.
                              Current Bikes:
                              2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Originally posted by ddaniels View Post
                                Nice radio.
                                That radio might have tubes. I have sheetrocked 3 houses now, never again. It doesn't matter if you clean up the mess, it gets everywhere anyway. I hope the dust doesn't cause cancer....
                                sigpic
                                1983 GS1100e
                                82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                                1980 GS1260

Comment

Working...
                                X