No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I wrenched my back while hiking in the Indian cliffs and caves today with THEE Frank! pmint... ....(I think he'll post some pics, somewhere....)

Comment

Originally posted by pmint patti View Post
      I think I wrenched my back while hiking in the Indian cliffs and caves today with THEE Frank! pmint... ....(I think he'll post some pics, somewhere....)
      Ha ha
      Funny pun
      (not laughing at your injury)

Frank in AZ ..? ..!
      Man, that guy gets around.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Ordered two left part number intake boots and two right part number boots.
        Got two boots from BB in one shipment, and 2 more in an other shippment. Three of one part number and 1 of another part number (label on package). But looking at the boots themselves I have 2 with "R" and two with "L", 2 shaped one way and 2 shaped another way. So I guess am okay there.

Puzzled look is on purpose.

I thought the two left came off with the "L" on the bottom and the two right came off with the "R" on the top.
        But that doesnt seem how they should be, so I must be mistaken, probably wasnt that way.

Looks like should be both the L on top and the Rs on top, then the boots all straight with each other and carbs line up.

SHould get it all back together here after dinner.

Last edited by Redman; 08-24-2010, 06:07 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
        GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

There's a man on the wing!! Now I know how William Shatner felt
          "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Fixed my oil pressure sender. Time for a beer.

Comment

Installed the left hand controls off of a 2006 gsxr 1000 on my 1979 750. Distinct improvement considering the signal light controls were completely shot on the old one!

I have right hand controls from a bandit coming, hoping I can make that work as well to clean up the right side.

Comment

Got the G seat installed, fixed the hinges on my trunk, calipers tomorrow, then I'm almost done.

Comment

Yesterday, took seat off and cleaned and polished everything. Annnddd... it doesn't really look too much better. The paint isn't exactly good, its hard to tell if its shiny when the clear coat is all faded. Took off fairing and right mirror in like 5 minutes. Cool streetfighter look, but its colder than usual out, so the fairing is going on again in a bit. Without the mirror, it vibrates so that's also going on. And there shall be more deep down cleaning.

Comment

Yesterday I went up a size in main jets but I think i need to adjust the clip position first. The bike just runs like hell popping and sputtering from 1/3 throttle to 3/4 throttle. And Im putting in the wheel spacer that was missing on the Z1000. Found that out when a new tire went on and it was missing this part between the wheel and sprocket thanks to the previous owner!

Comment

Changed gear oil in secondary and final drive. not as messy as i expected.

Comment

Got the windshield done and fitted some photos

polycarbonate and barbeque's do not mix

larger screen off bike ,would have liked to go bigger but am limited to what will fit in the oven.

smaller "Fly Screen " on bike

look no clutter on the bars (at least from the windshield) it mounts to a bracket coming off the triple using the instrument mount holes.

Comment

well not all today ..but since wednesday. radius arm bushings, 4 shocks, rebuilt the steering rack, and 2 new front tires on my 90 ford ranger. Then wrenched on my 70 ford farm tractor to fix the 3 point..and then today was at work at 5 AM and came home to lay out 12 yards of stone for my septic tank project.. Then proceeded to my little brothers to help him lay blocks in an outdoor smoker and grilling ststaion he is building...Now we are settling in for some venison stir fry!!
                          MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                          1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

made up new exhaust can sleeves and fitted them, which included milling a slot in them.
                            Fitted the original end caps back on and polished the sleeves.

A missing hanger finally arrived and I can now fit my self made belly pan (from aluminium plate) on the bike propperly.
                            trying to recreate/immitate this

waiting on painting to be finallised.
                            Last edited by Guest; 08-29-2010, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Mixed bag this weekend.

Saturday:
                              While preparing for a fishing trip, I discovered a lower-unit gearcase leak on my main motor. So instead of fishing, I disassembled the gearcase on a Merc F-115 4-Stroke outboard. Parts are due on Tuesday.
                              Grrrrr.

Sunday:
                              Big ride coming up next weekend. So I pulled the ZX900A in for some overdue PM.
                              Last night, I removed the fork caps, tank, fairing lowers, and valve cover. Adjusted the throttle cable, glued on handgrips, and re-torqued cylinder head bolts.

Today (Monday):
                              Shorten fork spring preload spacers, on the lathe here at work.
                              Re-install spacers and fork caps. Adjust valves. Adjust rear-brake and gearshift lever heights. Re-install bodywork.

Comment

Wrenched

I transfered the J&M audio system from my R1150GS over to the R1150RT and dropped the oil. It was also gone over for a 2K mile trip that starts this Thursday.

Comment

Working...
                                X