X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aahhhhhhhhhhhhh.....the good ol' days. Good knowing you Bob
    Rob
    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Took off from work at 9:30 this morning. Alternator and water pump change on the Durango. Just about 3 hrs to do the total job. Cold, wet, and drizzling outside but at least it isnt January and colder than &^**% out!!!
      MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
      1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
        aahhhhhhhhhhhhh.....the good ol' days. Good knowing you Bob
        Least of my problems after 30 years of smoking and asbestos..... Only problem is you have to throw away your clothes after a session with the old B12, they stink forever.
        sigpic
        09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
        1983 GS1100e
        82\83 1100e Frankenbike
        1980 GS1260
        Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Had some time in garage this evening.

Been Wanting to re-wire in the power harness for my electric gloves. So did that.
          More in "electrical".

And,
          Been noticing that the clutch switch has been getting more difficult to make, so worked on that.
          More in "electrical"

Last edited by Redman; 11-09-2016, 11:43 PM. Reason: picture

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Quickie from Monday. Put the original fairing mounted mirrors on in hopes of a photo op that did not occur.
            4 years ago on election day a local guy put up and old Reagan / Bush campaign sign in his front yard.
            I was hoping he would again yesterday and stage an "old" photo of my bike. The mirrors are ugly, but I'll leave them on for the winter. The bar end ones are always in the way when the bike is parked for the winter so I take them off. Now if a warm ish day comes up and I go out, it's one less thing to do.2016-11-09 21.32.48.jpg
            sigpic
            When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
            -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
            -Rusty old scooter.
            Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
            https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
              Quickie from Monday. Put the original fairing mounted mirrors on in hopes of a photo op that did not occur.
              4 years ago on election day a local guy put up and old Reagan / Bush campaign sign in his front yard.
              I was hoping he would again yesterday and stage an "old" photo of my bike. The mirrors are ugly, but I'll leave them on for the winter. The bar end ones are always in the way when the bike is parked for the winter so I take them off. Now if a warm ish day comes up and I go out, it's one less thing to do.[ATTACH=CONFIG]48332[/ATTACH]
              Thanksgiving is coming up, four day weekend!!! Mainanence time (Mine will be spent working on truck...
              I was looking at same fairing as your model But couldn't tell size from pics. Looks awesome in that pic!
              Still thinking of one for my GSX1100G , was surprised how similar looking different years Suzukis are while looking at fairing pics the other week. Funny idea to put up old election signs BTW.

Been mostly "wrenching" on new zipper in my leather coat lately. Came up with folding the new one in half, and sewing it right on top of the old zipper and close as possible with the leather seam.
              Got so sick of sewing wanted to rivet it in with rivets and call it a day.
              Might go over it with thicker needle (got few from walmart) and some thick hemp thread (for leather)...
              Can't be on computer at same time lately.
              Have a bad cut on one finger, working with.
              Joann fabric was ONLY place that had right zipper, they warned me to use a machine only...
              First try, sewd half backwards (couple hours)
              Good thing though because figured out to double it over. When I cut some old zipper the thread just pulled out there, have to leave the old one underneath.

This leather coat is an old "Rothco" brand from a surplus store. weighs atleast about six pounds or more.
              Has a liner w/ zipper too. Plain looking (Just what I wanted back then). Had it a long time and new one's similar cost too much...A repair/ shoe/ dry-cleaner wanted $60 for new zipper replacement, can see why now...

Comment

Nothing on an 1150es is svelte.....
                sigpic
                When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                -Rusty old scooter.
                Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by BurntKittyForge View Post
                  Thanksgiving is coming up, four day weekend!!! Mainanence time (Mine will be spent working on truck...
                  I was looking at same fairing as your model But couldn't tell size from pics. Looks awesome in that pic!
                  Still thinking of one for my GSX1100G , was surprised how similar looking different years Suzukis are while looking at fairing pics the other week. Funny idea to put up old election signs BTW.

Been mostly "wrenching" on new zipper in my leather coat lately. Came up with folding the new one in half, and sewing it right on top of the old zipper and close as possible with the leather seam.
                  Got so sick of sewing wanted to rivet it in with rivets and call it a day.
                  Might go over it with thicker needle (got few from walmart) and some thick hemp thread (for leather)...
                  Can't be on computer at same time lately.
                  Have a bad cut on one finger, working with.
                  Joann fabric was ONLY place that had right zipper, they warned me to use a machine only...
                  First try, sewd half backwards (couple hours)
                  Good thing though because figured out to double it over. When I cut some old zipper the thread just pulled out there, have to leave the old one underneath.

This leather coat is an old "Rothco" brand from a surplus store. weighs atleast about six pounds or more.
                  Has a liner w/ zipper too. Plain looking (Just what I wanted back then). Had it a long time and new one's similar cost too much...A repair/ shoe/ dry-cleaner wanted $60 for new zipper replacement, can see why now...
                  A few funny things in there:
                  Putting up old election signs; We have a few cracked pots running here every year, how 'bout this guy's name: “SI OSIRI”? Yeah he claims to be descended from the Egyptian sun god. HA!!!
                  I'm having problems with my leather riding jacket's zipper, the tab came off. I've been using wire to attach it.
                  Once many years ago, I considered playing acoustic in folk clubs. So I scouted some for a look see. No, I did not fit into that scene, wearing my biker jacket and playing rock with an acoustic guitar.
                  "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                  1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                  1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                  1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Did some more maintenance to the DR600. It's got a manual adjusted balancer chain on it which I've never looked at, I'm pretty sure I could hear it making some noise and sure enough it was pretty loose, tightened things up and she's good for another 6000kms.

2016-11-20_08-19-56 by Rob Ert, on Flickr

The bikes always been a buger to kick over when cold regardless of all the work/adjusting I've done to the carb. Took it off again today and made sure the pilot circuit was spotless and readjusted the float as well as the mixture screw for the new "Mr Big" pipe I recently put on and she fired up on the 2nd kick. The real test will be tomorrow morning though, all in all a good reason to celebrate.

2016-11-20_08-20-25 by Rob Ert, on Flickr
                    Last edited by azr; 11-21-2016, 01:09 AM. Reason: pics were wayyyy too big
                    Rob
                    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Originally posted by azr View Post
                      Did some more maintenance to the DR600. It's got a manual adjusted balancer chain on it which I've never looked at, I'm pretty sure I could hear it making some noise and sure enough it was pretty loose, tightened things up and she's good for another 6000kms.

2016-11-20_08-19-56 by Rob Ert, on Flickr

The bikes always been a buger to kick over when cold regardless of all the work/adjusting I've done to the carb. Took it off again today and made sure the pilot circuit was spotless and readjusted the float as well as the mixture screw for the new "Mr Big" pipe I recently put on and she fired up on the 2nd kick. The real test will be tomorrow morning though, all in all a good reason to celebrate.

2016-11-20_08-20-25 by Rob Ert, on Flickr
                      Wow I'm jealous... Wish my Sunday looked like that!!! Half of my managers are on vacation and I had to come out of my office to cover operations... Which is great and nice to be on the front line with my team but I'd rather be wrenching and drinking a beer.
                      Jedz Moto
                      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                      1988 Honda GL1500-6
                      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                      Originally posted by Hayabuser
                      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Been doing some off season maintenance on my 1000. Had some issues this year with dropping on 2 cylinders, found that its a Dyna S failing so temporarily fitted old points system. Going to fit new Dyna and have just fitted honda cbr 3ohm coils with new leads. Checked valve clearances and a couple were at 1.5 thou so sorted them, some are at 4 thou and I'll leave them. Got nice big sparks now so should be great with new Dyna, also noticed on pictures on web the pick-up coils have changed. Is that to stop the Dyna fails I wonder ?.
                        My bikes 79 GS1000 1085 checked and approved by stator the GSR mascot and 77 GS750 with 850 top end, GS850g, and my eldest sons 78 GS550, youngest sons GS125. Project bike 79 GS1000N

Comment

I'm in the process of painting my 900F. I used a Rustoleum aircraft remover for the paint on the tank. I'm amazed at how well this stuff works! Spray it on, and the old paint literally starts popping/dropping off! This is factory paint, too. It reminds me of hitting an old enameled pot with a hammer. It will soften the stripes, but it's good idea to use a blade scraper to get that off.

1982 GS1100 G converted by Motorcyclist magazine in 1986 to be a tribute to the Wes Cooley replica. 1982 Honda 900F. 1997 Yamaha VMax.
                          Also owned: 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900, 1972 Honda 750 K, 1976 Yamaha XS 650, 1980 Kawasaki KZ 1000 MKII, 1978 Kawasaki SR 650. Current cage is a 2001 Mustang Bullitt in Dark Highland Green. Bought new in Sept. 2001.

Comment

converted my cbx to twin pot brakes, completed the install yesterday... I solved a few issues that come with conversions but there are still fitment problems I'm not happy with... so today I'll take off all the calipers and disassemble them to try solve the issues.
                            Last edited by wyly; 11-26-2016, 02:39 PM.
                            1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

Checked the valve clearance, renewed the intake manifold orings cleaned oiled the air filter and whilst the air box was off I checked the breather it was partchally blocked when I blew down the tube that goes to the cam cover there was a fair resistance, I tried to scrape out the rust/grunge but ended up forcing a large kitchen knife down the slot from either side to clear the debris. That's a very narrow passage,it makes you wonder how many Gs are running around compleatly blocked.
                              Am I right/wrong to think suzuki changed the airbox from metal to plastic at some point?
                              naxt job is to remove exhaust and drop the sump and check the oil strainer.
                              The big guy up there rides a Suzuki (this I know)
                              1981 gs850gx

1999 RF900
                              past bikes. RF900
                              TL1000s
                              Hayabusa
                              gsx 750f x2
                              197cc Francis Barnett
                              various British nails

Comment

fastbysuzuki, I had the same problem with my GS1000 chain drive with steel airbox from a shaft drive. Gunk would gather in the pipe and cam cover breather box mesh filter bits. In the connecting pipe I fitted a T piece and a small filter, problem solved. It could be our damp weather .
                                My bikes 79 GS1000 1085 checked and approved by stator the GSR mascot and 77 GS750 with 850 top end, GS850g, and my eldest sons 78 GS550, youngest sons GS125. Project bike 79 GS1000N

Comment

Working...
                                X