No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did my intake boot/air box boot/carb clean/socket cap screw swap out today....... I have some tips I posted GS450EX carb tips there is a link to the pics on that post.

Comment

Minimal. I noticed after my last ride oil seeping from the newly replaced stator cover and causing a small drip on the garage floor.
      I was able to get about a eighth to quarter turn on all of the bolts. Time will tell.....

Then I took a preliminary look at my house's A/C system. It has a refrigerant leak...... and its 31 years old - I need to decide soon if I'm going to fix it or replace. If it turns out to be a relatively easy fix, I'll run it another year... I really dont feel like dealing with a replacement this year.
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Had to replace the driver in my 18V finish nailer. After three years of near daily use it's finally wearing out. I downloaded the schematic and got to work.

Of course when I got into it there were other parts broken as well. Two rubber band type things pull the driver back after the nail is driven. One of them broke (but I'll replace both) so back to the local repair center I went, luckily an in stock part!

New parts installed and a dozen 2.5" nails shot into a 4x4 to test it out. Yay!!

No more lugging around a 50lb compressor and trying to roll up a frozen air line!
        Roger

Current rides
        1983 GS 850G
        2003 FJR 1300A
        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Sandblasted the new lower triple tree I received from Witttom and started in on the new swingarm. I should have that done by this weekend then will drop both off at the powder coater next week
          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

No wrenching... but I have been working on updating Suzi to finally officially be a 1 seater. I tweaked the rear hoop and started on a new seat pan and hump. Disregard the ugly welds. I'm no pro and I'm limited to a crappy HF 90 amp flux core. The welds aren't pretty, but they are solid. I'll be filling in gaps with bondo and smoothing it all out. Still lots of work to do, but its taking shape.

Comment

Finished replacing the front wheel bearing hubs on my '07 Silverado. Man what a PITA! The old ones were rusted solid! I destroyed three 1/2-13 bolts and my pulley puller getting them off. But, all done now.
              Current Bikes:
              2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                So I'm finally getting a picture of this build, what ever you want to call it. I don't think it looks like a bobber or brat but god I cant take those blasted clip-ons to make it a true "cafe". Geometry is good, doesnt seem to favor the front or rear... the front springs though... I don't like them but choked up there seems to be less travel. Maybe run the twin disc front end I have in stock??? (stiffer front end) I just wanted to reduce as much weight as possible.
                Two cents is welcome. The 110/70/16 rear tire really drops that back end allot, but I think I'll like the gearing better... I have a 130/70 16 in the shopping cart and may buy if the gearing is too short, or I'll just swap in the 17" rear with the Avon I have from the G I have.

Lighting sucks in my Mud room...

Come one Spring!!!! 6' right now in VT
                How about we call it a hoon machine.. because thats all i think when i see this haha. Are you doing a build thread id like to see the bike more indepth
                I build Pipers

Comment

Could you swap a 17 off a 850 or 1000 or 11?
                  I build Pipers

Comment

Imo with that look i ld do dual stubby little reverse cone mufflers that are upswept and outward like right after the foot pegs
                    I build Pipers

Comment

Hope you don't mind but I worked on my kz650. I took off the spoke wheels and added a nice set of mags. I also installed a set of dual front discs that I had drilled. Tomorrow I'll install my new Vance and Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                      Last edited by Guest; 02-14-2017, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thebrandonbeezy View Post
                        How about we call it a hoon machine.. because thats all i think when i see this haha. Are you doing a build thread id like to see the bike more indepth
                        No build thread. Every time I kick one off it ends up me just posting to myself or someone scrutinizing, spending more time on the thread then in the shop.... Soooo I end up just dropping something in this thread to prove I still turn a wrench occasionally. Hoon machine. Nice.
                        Could you swap a 17 off a 850 or 1000 or 11?
                        I have a 17" from a 650 with a brand new AVON, Reason I went so small was to gear the bike down. Ride height is pretty low but I need to actually get out and rid the thing to see if it rides to my liking. Hooray for shaft drive.
                        Imo with that look i ld do dual stubby little reverse cone mufflers that are upswept and outward like right after the foot pegs
                        I have a plan to make the exhuast. Maybe I'll get some more work done soon. Trying to get this thing set for spring but after the snow dump I think Spring is at least another month away.
                        Jedz Moto
                        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                        1988 Honda GL1500-6
                        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                        Originally posted by Hayabuser
                        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedz123 View Post
                          No build thread. Every time I kick one off it ends up me just posting to myself or someone scrutinizing, spending more time on the thread then in the shop.... Soooo I end up just dropping something in this thread to prove I still turn a wrench occasionally. Hoon machine. Nice.

I have a 17" from a 650 with a brand new AVON, Reason I went so small was to gear the bike down. Ride height is pretty low but I need to actually get out and rid the thing to see if it rides to my liking. Hooray for shaft drive.

I have a plan to make the exhuast. Maybe I'll get some more work done soon. Trying to get this thing set for spring but after the snow dump I think Spring is at least another month away.
                          Its tee shirt weather down in florida haha
                          I build Pipers

Comment

Lets see my day job, i wrenched on 95 s10 (motor swap)
                            12 equinox (high pressure fuel pump recall)
                            17 camaro (trans oil cooler line recall)
                            13 equinox (cel p0171 fuel trim lean)
                            I was going to pull the header off the gs and polish it but im a lazy sack of potatoes
                            I build Pipers

Comment

Finished sandblasting the new swingarm tonight and will remove bearings tomorrow for drop off at the powder coater on Monday
                              Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Finished rebuilding the front calipers for the Sprint and finished the tinting on the ZRX signals and tail light. Install the calipers next week, and that one is ready to roll. Oh, TheBrandonBeezy, Its t-shirt weather in Mn too. Its over 50 degrees.....
                                Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
                                Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
                                Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

Working...
                                X