Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This...

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
    Ha, black and red are one of the cooler hot rod color combos.
    This...

Originally posted by gordinho80 View Post
    Yeah they are!!!

Gonna test this theory...

Originally posted by limeex2 View Post
    RED!!! Ive also never been followed by so many police when I was driving a red CBR919 in red and I was in red/black leathers.
    My parts bike is RED. Wonder what kind of hassle I'll get here in Delaware.

Ed
    Last edited by GSXR7ED; 03-09-2017, 09:33 PM.
    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
      This...

This...

Gonna test this theory...

My parts bike is RED. Wonder what kind of hassle I'll get here in Delaware.

Ed
      It's gotta be a "crotch rocket"
      Current Rides: 82 GS1100E, 00 Triumph 955 Speed Triple, 03 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 01 Honda GL1800, '15 Kawasaki 1000 Versys
      Past Rides: 72 Honda SL-125, Kawasaki KE-175, 77 GS750 with total yosh stage 1 kit, 79 GS1000s, 80 GS1000S, 82 GS750e,82 GS1000S, 84 VF500f, 86 FZR600, 95 Triumph Sprint 900,96 Triumph Sprint, 97 Triumph Sprint, 01 Kawasaki ZRX1200, 07 Triumph Tiger 1050, 01 Yam YFZ250F
      Work in progress: 78 GS1000, unknown year GS1100ES

Comment

Originally posted by limeex2 View Post
        It's gotta be a "crotch rocket"
        Blue is the color of Prime Time Riding!

Ed
        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Blue & White, the understated fastest colors ;-)
          sigpic
          83 GS1100g
          2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Valve Shims arrived today, thanks again, Ray!

EX:
            .13 - .08 - .11 - .13
            IN:
            .08 - .09 - .09 - .08

Little loose on a couple of the EX valves... but better to be a little loose on the exhaust?

Comment

brought my yosh header in to get ceramic coated.....no more peeling vht!!
              1983 GS 1100 ESD

Comment

I've been quoted $260 to ceramic coat my entire exhaust. I'm strongly considering it...

Comment

Primary chain for the KZ650 came so I set the crank and new chain in place and got the two case halves back together. Everything is torqued to spec. Tomorrow i will finish the engine up and may even have it back in the frame. If not it will be done Sunday and then go for start.
                  MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                  1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Finished reassembly of the KZ engine and set it in the frame .

MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Packed the muffler baffle. Had been running without packing for a while now. Also did some work on a custom "fairing" that I'm considering. Hoping to get it running this week so I can do the carb sync... its so damn cold now, though.

Comment

Finished details for mounting headlight and gauges on the Bandit forks, mounted the fender to the fork brace.
                        sigpic
                        09 Kaw C14 Rocket powered Barcalounger
                        1983 GS1100e
                        82\83 1100e Frankenbike
                        1980 GS1260
                        Previous 65 Suzuki 80 Scrambler, 76 KZ900, 02 GSF1200S, 81 GS1100e, 80 GS850G

Comment

Originally posted by gordinho80 View Post
                          Packed the muffler baffle. Had been running without packing for a while now. Also did some work on a custom "fairing" that I'm considering. Hoping to get it running this week so I can do the carb sync... its so damn cold now, though.
                          Hurry up, there's beautiful weather coming up... I guess there had to be a catch with the easy winter we've had. No rush on the synch tool - I have no immediate need for it.
                          sigpic
                          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                          -Rusty old scooter.
                          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

The bike's front end is finally coming together slowly after I installed the wheel, gauges, and handlebars. Sadly I realized I forgot to install the front brakes before I put the forks together so I'll have to disconnect and re-route the brake lines.

Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Initial attempt at carb sync with pods and 4-1 exhaust. I let the engine warm up some before attempting the sync. I'd say it looks close...

https://goo.gl/photos/HfejfC4sLj72bEFU6

Comment

Originally posted by GSXR7ED View Post
                                Removed carbs and sending to Steve for rebuild. Thanks Steve!!!

Ed
                                Got an update from Steve today! I should have my carbs returned soon. Thanks Steve!!!

Ed
                                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Working...
                                X