No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And then the wheel, sorry pics suck but..

Originally posted by duper850 View Post
    getting new tire on today and been spending the day (off and on) getting the rear wheel off. Can't work with grand kids around or other (to do) lists so been spacing it out. Can't wait to put back on, that's gonna be a trial. First time and all. These are some pics of my spline etc. Look pretty good? Wheel = front edge (face) worn about a 1/16th but the rest looks as I think it should anyways.

Comment

Tore out the fence posts to my horse's pen and grabbed a one-man auger from the local rental store. Redug all five posts and will reset them probably tomorrow with concrete to keep them from pulling down the straight wire. I should have done H-braces but didn't have the money for additional posts and the auger.
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Yesterday I was sorting out the electrics on the bike. Been using zip-locks till now to hold everything in place under the seat but now I started making some new brackets and stuff. Looks quite tidy now.

I'll get a picture up later.

Comment

Got the drag bike out, cleaned up and started. Time to sell...

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
          '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by ronin1166 View Post
            Saturday:
            While preparing for a fishing trip, I discovered a lower-unit gearcase leak on my main motor.
            So instead of fishing, I disassembled the gearcase on a Merc F-115 4-Stroke outboard.
            Parts are due on Tuesday.
            Grrrr.

Today, I finally had some time to reassemble the lower-unit gearcase.
            Under a blue tarp. In the wind and rain.

Good Times!

Comment

1982 gs 850 l

I have recently re-bonded with my GS 850 and am finally giving it the attention it deserves. I pulled the carbs over the weekend and have started disassembly. Lots of liquid wrench and a few hits with the impact driver and I have most of the screws loosened, with a few more to go. I changed the oil and replaced the petcock too. This bike used to run so well, but it sat for about 2 years (covered in my garage). Before I put it away I did get new tires and replaced the fork seals. It is in really fine shape, and I will post up some pics when I get her put back together and have her purring again. Love the site

Comment

Today? Got rid of the 2-up saddle with the boobie tassles hanging off it and stuck a LePera Bare Bones solo seat on. Looks like whole nother bike. Had the back of the seat padded out about 1 1/2". Yesterday: Swapped out the hundred dollar chrome & rubber grips for a pair of stock ones.
                Tomorrow: Passenger pegs go in the garbage & got a front rotor today I gotta throw on.

Comment

Rewound my first stator. Learned a lot.
                  The next ones will be much easier and look much better.

Comment

Nice afternoon wasted - didn't ride

Started to go for a ride, Gus wouldn't start. Cranked for a couple of seconds, then nada. No crank, not even any lights. Quick voltmeter checked showed 12.5vdc on the battery, so that's ok, right? BZZZZ - wrong, thanks for playing!

Voltage at the battery went to near zero as soon as the key was turned on. Fuses were all holding, so figured that there's no short circuit. Jumped off a car battery I had, and all worked ok. Lights on, cranked and started. Showing charging voltages, so stator and R/R is ok.

So, just like that, in one split second, the battery shorted and died. Was a Batteries + gel cel installed by the PO, so age is unknown.

Off to the store for a new one......

Comment

Originally posted by ronin1166 View Post

Question:
                      Does chopping up a dinged, non-titled KZ1000ST frame with a Sawzall count as "wrenching"...?

(I did salvage some miscellaneous small bits, which required hand tools).

IF you fondled tools, power or otherwise, my vote is that it qualifies as 'wrenching'

Comment

Built my new brake lines last night. The first one was a little difficult but I got the rest done fairly quickly and cannot wait until I get the rest of my brake parts so I can hopefully get this bike on the road. Maybe I'll get a ride in before the snows hit.
                        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Been working on my youngens 89 Toyota truck. Has a charging system short on the harness that plugs into the alternator. Took a couple of days to find the issue. Now I'm having a heluva time finding a new repair plug local.
                          May end up making something till the part comes in but its a weather proof plug with an o-ring to seal out the elements.
                          Least we know 'where' the problem is.
                          sigpic

82 GS850
                          78 GS1000
                          04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                          .................________-|___\____
                          ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Wrenched on my buddies 13 year old girls Yamaha scooter yesterday..side case cover was leaking. Dont ask me what it was because the sticker wityh the model # was destroyed. And thius morning i finished splitting the stack of wood..i use a sledge and splitting maul. Now on way to pick up pallets to stack it all on..wood is probably the only fuel that will warm you up at least 4 times..cutting it, splitting it, stacking it, and burning it..LOL
                            MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                            1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Oil change and new shifter seal in my 450L. The damned thing STILL leaks! The oil must be coming from somewhere else in there. What about the clutch operating rod? Is there supposed to be a seal there? 'Cause if there is, I wonder where it went....

Comment

I have a relevant post!

I removed my rear wheel today and confirmed that my spline is shot.

Now to get a replacement.

And while I'm at it, I need a new tire. I may let the shop do that.
                                "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Working...
                                X