• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kenvb View Post
    mini van, waste of money.
    5 words say it all

Comment

garbage motors. nuff said. tell her to go buy a plymouth voyager with a freshly rebuilt tranny. those mothers NEVER die if you change the oil.

Comment

Took it for a ride around the block. Carbs still need some tuning and I have the trunk to install also, but it went from this:

To this:

In a little over a month.

Comment

Originally posted by 81GS750 View Post
          Took it for a ride around the block. Carbs still need some tuning and I have the trunk to install also, but it went from this.
          Looks good!

(for a Honda)
          sigpic

82 GS850
          78 GS1000
          04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
          .................________-|___\____
          ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

lol, I got it to resell. No plans on keeping it very long, I'll ride it through the winter and sell it in the spring. I'm only keeping the GS and the XJ

Comment

Although it is already getting into the freezing temps, I put some concrete around one wooden post we use for the upper gate since I stupidly backed into it a few months ago. Then installed a bracket for another gate (I cannot nail for crap) in the horse's pen and fixed a support for the main gate at the end of the drive. Once all that was done, removed old wire from one section of the pen and then took apart the sprocket cover on the bike.

Tomorrow after my eldest and I do some riding on the property I hope to start working on my horse trailer living quarters project.
              Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by 81GS750 View Post
                Took it for a ride around the block. Carbs still need some tuning and I have the trunk to install also, but it went from this:

To this:

In a little over a month.
                Hope you put some brake lines on the front calipers first

Comment

Originally posted by wisgolfer59 View Post
                  Hope you put some brake lines on the front calipers first
                  lol, yeah I did. I had ordered stainless lines and banjos, but they hadn't come in when I took the photo. I was wondering if someone was going to catch that!

Comment

Not today but over the last week

Bikely's new home

Comment

Not much "wrenching", but it was certainly a bit of "work".

Mrs. Steve and I were busy in the garage today.

Went from this:

to this:

The only "wrenching" done today was changing the tach cable on Junior.

sigpic
                      mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                      hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                      #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                      #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                      Family Portrait
                      Siblings and Spouses
                      Mom's first ride
                      Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                      (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I love riding through the neighborhood looking at messy garages.
                        Sometime I cant see how many arent ashamed to even open they're doors.
                        I live 1.4 miles in the hood so I get to see many messy garages.

Looks MUCH better old man!
                        sigpic

82 GS850
                        78 GS1000
                        04 HD Fatboy

...............................____
                        .................________-|___\____
                        ..;.;;.:;:;.,;.|__(O)___|____/_(O)|

Comment

Originally posted by Octain View Post
                          Looks MUCH better old man!
                          Thanks.

After a bit more shuffling "stuff" around, we got three more bikes in there.

Tonight, I will change her starter switch. Tomorrow we will move stuff out of the shed on the back porch and swap some bikes around. #2 son's 850 needs to come front and center to see why the engine is not connected to the rear wheel.

sigpic
                          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                          Family Portrait
                          Siblings and Spouses
                          Mom's first ride
                          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

does it count if I tossed the battery tender on the GS as wrenching LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Qckslvr View Post
                              does it count if I tossed the battery tender on the GS as wrenching LOL
                              Did you break a sweat?

Daniel

Comment

Steve, your before pic of the garage looks like my CURRENT state of affairs.

Needs to get me a "cleaning day", as well...

More rust removal (floor pan seams and brake line carriers) for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X