No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just recieved the air box boots. Will be replacing them here this evening.

A couple weeks ago I replaced the inlet boots (and orings and clamps) with some improvment. But the idle still goes high after engine warms up. Is not as bad as it was before replacing the inlet boots, but still goes up to 2000rpm after engine good and warmed up, but not all the time, seems somewhat random, but once it does it, it keeps doing it the rest of the ride. Maybe on next ride it doesn't do it. Hum.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
    GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

The '80. unfortunately the whole day was for naught.
      This forum contains old posts which may have information which may be useful. It is a closed forum in that you can not post here any longer. Please post your questions in the other technical forums.
      De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

Put the rear master cylinder back together and on the bike as well as the new brake line and rear caliper. I also put the exhaust pipes back on. I'll tighten everything down this week and hope to put the front calipers back on next week after the pads come in.
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Threw a battery in the Nighthawk. Don't know if I wanna throw it on ebay needing fork seals & a valve covr gasket, or spend a little more dough and fix that stuff. Probably won't make a big profit difference. Whaddya think, about 5-6 hundred bucks as is?
          It's an 84 with about 25000 miles. All lights, guages & brakes ok, runs like a tiger. Might be a rattle can paint job, not real pretty.

Comment

The Windjammer came off my 1000G in Maine today. Spent about 4 hours on it actually. Didn't have the turn signal ground wiring, etc., made ring terminals for them, remounted the air horns. It looks much better, and its lighter. There will be times I'm sure that I'll miss the 'Jammer though.
            sigpic Too old, too many bikes, too many cars, too many things

Comment

Spent awhile refurbing my Vetter trunk for the 850 (when it gets out of the shop). Found a NOS Vetter replacement trunk mount kit & cleaned/painted the struts. Just waiting for the rubber vibration isolator replacements & it's ready to go back on the bike!

Comment

Putting the panels on Barry's bike.
                Not finnished but,... slowly getting there, bringing a wreck back to being a bike!

Commemorative brass plague on fuel tank.

Got this bike like this.

every thing else was in the green wooden box in dirty piles & bits

I know it is not a GS, but, I am doing one as well.
                At the moment it is being fully renewed in the engine department with big bore, forged pistons, kit and everything else in engine new.
                Last edited by Guest; 09-20-2010, 11:00 AM.

Comment

Got '93 Gixxer front end mounted and switches wired in. Sits a little low in the front though, gonna have to figure that out. Got the engine to start, need to get filters that fit the carbs though, (TM33-8012 pumpers). Still have loads more work to do......

Comment

Originally posted by Coolshaft View Post
                    Putting the panels on Barry's bike.
                    Not finnished but,... slowly getting there, bringing a wreck back to being a bike!
                    Mate that is just the ducks nuts... sweet!
                    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

In the few days since I've picked up my 750, I've got the front brakes going after a few hours of work replacing the master cylinder and cleaning the lines.

Now I took the instrument casing apart because the tach cable was making a loud whirring sound that was getting on my nerves. Should be good on that tonight. Then I have to get new gears for the odometer.

It needs alot of cosmetic work, and I need to find out how to stop the front end from shaking in 4th gear at 35mph. That might include tightening the steering head and re-balancing the wheel.

Other than that, it's actually in remarkable condition and drivable for $500

Comment

On Saturday, (so im a couple of days late)I installed my rebuilt engine that i had been working on. Then added the shifter rod, clultch assembly, checked the timing, put in the starter, then closed her all up with the stainless bolt kit from z1. looks fairly good. I also got my superbike bars on and associated controls, new to me front rotors and meatier pads. All went well. The engine was a PIA because of the weight of the thing. Death grip and grunt....lmao.
                        I know pics are generally loved around here. But alas, I have none. I like to work.I zone out. I hate taking pictures. lol. Til next time

Comment

Buell Parts

Today, I'm working on the primary cover, ignition cover, and swingarm/oil tank off of a Buell. If I have time, I'll sharpen the blade on my lawnmower.

Comment

82 gs 850 l

Getting ready to try out the colortune and synch my feshly rebuilt carbs!

Comment

made some more progress on this Suzuki

Comment

today for me, was my friends POS FZR that seems to constantly need SOMETHING due to his negligence. Possibly later this evening I'll go mess with my XT some and get her sorted a little farther so I can sell her off. hate to, but 1 cylinder isnt fun on pavement.

Comment

Working...
                                X