what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rkroby View Post
    That is my biggest fear that I might not be able to get the beam dialed in without that adjustment. When all said and done I may still have to get a 7 inch bucket and ears to make it right.
    Tired of your Sunfish?
    "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
    1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
    1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
    1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

My wife said I should have closed the garage door. That side of the garage is pretty messy. The sunfish hasn't been wet in two years. My brother passed away two years ago and my Mom passed away last year so with cleaning out and selling two homes I have not made time to sail. Actually haven't made time to do much else. As for the GS headlight the up and down adjustment should do the trick.
      1982 GS 550 L

Comment

Installed last stainless braided line to rear brake and did a quick bleed, easy peasy. Suspension upgrade completed, new RS36 Carbs installed and I'm ready to roll!

Now I only need the weather to warm up.
        1979 CBX, AW440 Maico, GS1150EF

Comment

I installed forward controls and did the 15K service on the Sportster last week.
          "Thought he, it is a wicked world in all meridians; I'll die a pagan."
          ~Herman Melville

2016 1200 Superlow
          1982 CB900f

Comment

Finished rebuilding the petcock on my '79 850, re-worked the wiring for the fuel sending unit and started on the front brakes.
            1979 GS850 G
            1979 GS1000E Resto moded
            1993 Kawasaki ZR1100

The most effective means of preventing tyranny is to illuminate, as far as practicable, the minds of the people at large, and more especially to give them knowledge of those facts. - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by JoeNashville View Post
              Finished rebuilding the petcock on my '79 850, re-worked the wiring for the fuel sending unit and started on the front brakes.
              Welcome.
              Would be good for you to introduce yourself some in the Owners section.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
              GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Since I've eliminated the pillion seat there's no longer a need for rear pegs, I picked up a couple pegs hangers and cut them down today. I could've cut down the original hangers but if I want to convert back to a pillion seat I have all the oem parts.

I considered polishing them but it's way to much work and since I'm lazy I'll paint them.

A bonus weight saving of 3 lbs. Once I make the switch to LiOn battery the finished dry weight should be about 480lbs.

IMG_1628.jpg

Comment

double post.

Comment

Nice. Im assuming that you will have to make a hanger for the exhaust?
                    Definitely cleans up the look without those bulky brackets.
                    sigpic
                    When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                    -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                    -Rusty old scooter.
                    Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                    https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                    https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                      Nice. Im assuming that you will have to make a hanger for the exhaust?
                      Definitely cleans up the look without those bulky brackets.
                      yeah the other side is a bit longer, cut off behind the exhaust hanger....I checked, double checked and tripled checked before I cut anything off.

Comment

Replaced tires, finally installed a new spline joint on the rear wheel, changed the secondary gear and final drive oil.

Just a short ride around the block afterward, but man it felt good.
                        Roger

Current rides
                        1983 GS 850G
                        2003 FJR 1300A
                        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

I got past my lazy moment and polished both hangers and treated them with Gibbs.
                          IMG_1630.jpg
                          Last edited by wyly; 03-29-2020, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Other than battling with tiny cotter pins in dark inaccessible locations it went smoothly.
                            IMG_1629.jpg
                            Last edited by wyly; 03-29-2020, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Tire change

Changed rear tire, Shinko 712, 5,466 miles.
                              Weighed the rear wheel: 25lb 12oz.

"Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                              1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                              1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                              1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Going to switch the GS850 to pods and 4-1 exhaust. Because I'm bored I decided to try to get it to run with stock exaust and pods, because everyone says it's difficult. I've had good luck on other bikes running UNI foam pods, and I saw these https://4into1.com/set-of-4-black-fo...900-1000-1100/ for about half what it would cost for the UNI pods. Can report they are good quality, and look nice to boot. Oiled with clean 30W motor oil. Bike was running well with stock airbox, but the airbox boots are near end of life, and I'd have to retune for the free flowing exhaust anyway. Bench synced the carbs, dropped in 132.5 mains and 1 size up pilots (42.5 maybe?). Started with air/fuel screw set at 2.5 turns out. Bike was quite lean at idle, final setting ended up being 3 1/4 turns out. Runs pretty good, just a slight dead spot at 5500-6000 RPM so I think if I shim the needle up a bit it might help bring that up. Overall, it runs well enough that it would be perfectly serviceable for normal everyday riding. Next up is installing 4-1 header and freer flowing exhaust and retuning the carbs.
                                1982 GS850GL - Shaved seat foam and new seat cover; Daytona handlebars and Tusk risers; Puig "Naked" Windscreen\
                                1978 KZ200 - Mostly original, hydraulic front brake swap, superbike bars; purchased at 7k original miles
                                Track bike project: 2008 Hyosung frame w/ 97 gs500E engine swap (in progress)

Comment

Working...
                                X