what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Noreg View Post
    ........I have a (presumably non-flammable) solvent ready. Should I try to ignite it?
    There’s one way to find out.
    Rich
    1982 GS 750TZ
    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
    Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

Finally got my hair cut today. The blade was almost too dull after that but I was able to finish up demo on the kids’ bathroom. May take the saw out to the garage and take a whack at bobbin’ the T. What do you guys think?

Rich
      1982 GS 750TZ
      2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Try it.
        My money is on the T.
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Never heard of someone cutting hair with a sawzall, wow, dulled the blade too Bob hair not bikes.
          Tom

'82 GS1100E Mr. Turbo
          '79 GS100E
          Other non Suzuki bikes

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
            Finally got my hair cut today. The blade was almost too dull after that but I was able to finish up demo on the kids’ bathroom. May take the saw out to the garage and take a whack at bobbin’ the T. What do you guys think?
            For some reason the thought of you cutting on that T brings to mind Abraham and Isaac. You'd try to lower the blade and, well, you get the picture.

I think I have that same set of nail bags, though I rarely wear them anymore.

Roger

Current rides
            1983 GS 850G
            2003 FJR 1300A
            Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
              For some reason the thought of you cutting on that T brings to mind Abraham and Isaac. You'd try to lower the blade and, well, you get the picture.

Now that's funny right there...
              Current Bikes:
              2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post

I would never actually cut my T. Someday may I'd think of building a bobber, but it would have to be start from something that was not worth restoring.

My tool belt is newer w/ a nylon belt/plastic buckle and I was wearing it because, the day before, I'm sitting on the couch on the ipad, fell into a youtube hole of Family Feud clips (the Steve Harvey ones, not the better Richard Dawson originals), and a survey comes up that is "Things a man wears that women find sexy". My wife, who's within earshot, pipes up immediately and blats out "Tool Belt". Oh, the things you learn after 23 years of marriage.
                Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 06-18-2020, 02:06 PM.
                Rich
                1982 GS 750TZ
                2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Cleaned my air filter. That solvent smells terrible, next time Im doing this cleaning thing outdoors somewhere. Air filter looked good. But ontop of the air filter cage there is some spongy thing, that thing has dissolved. Any idea what that is called? Its like an oval shaped O-ring made of sponge. I need to fix it.
                  GS1000G 1981

Comment

Find some (Window/door) foam weather stripping w/an adhesive back at your local hardware store. Cut to fit
                    Rich
                    1982 GS 750TZ
                    2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Find some (Window/door) foam weather stripping w/an adhesive back at your local hardware store. Cut to fit
                      I guess Ill try that. I am so excited about my ride tomorrow. 900 kilometers, Harstad to Trondheim.

Bike is clean, new oil, clean airfilter and I have spare oil for the final drive and bike. Might get a five liter emergency can too so I don't have to stop as much.
                      GS1000G 1981

Comment

The Bandit's front master cylinder came in today but I first had to build a new computer for Charmayne. It's done now so off to the bikes tomorrow night i'll try to go
                        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Front master cylinder is on (how does only 1 motorcycle shop in a 90 mile radius have crush washers?) and I swapped out the front brake pads on the Bandit. I'll fix the turn signal tomorrow and the body shop should be done with the fairing and side bag by Friday.
                          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Bought myself an early Father’s Day gift today. After countless home improvement rewiring jobs, you think a fella would learn. Nope. Three old pairs going in the trash. I WILL NOT CUT LIVE WIRES! I WILL NOT CUT LIVE WIRES! I WILL NOT CUT LIVE WIRES! I WILL NOT CUT LIVE WIRES! I WILL NOT CUT LIVE WIRES!.......

Rich
                            1982 GS 750TZ
                            2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

I WILL NOT CUT LIVE WIRES! I WILL NOT CUT LIVE WIRES! I WILL NOT CUT LIVE WIRES! I WILL NOT CUT LIVE WIRES! I WILL NOT CUT LIVE WIRES!...
                              Unless I'm wearing gloves...
                              1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Oh, so now I’m supposed to remember to use gloves when doing electrical work and not at the drill press? I think I got it.

Last edited by Rich82GS750TZ; 06-20-2020, 08:31 PM.
                                Rich
                                1982 GS 750TZ
                                2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

Comment

Working...
                                X