Ouch, Rich!.....

Changed the oil on our Taurus...

Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
      Ouch, Rich!.....

Changed the oil on our Taurus...

Oil change, or an oil transfusion? What is that thing?
      Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      2003 FJR 1300A
      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

unna.jpg
        Finally changed the clock battery, new spark plugs went in, fresh oil and filter. Still have to replace rear sprocket rubber cushions and she will be ready for road test .

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
          Oil change, or an oil transfusion? What is that thing?
          Oil extractor. Works great. Popular with inboard boats, and cars with belly pans. This is the one I got: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Got it for the 124 Spider because it is a b!tch to jack up, you have to lift both ends (drain pug in front of motor), and you have to remove the belly pan (10 bolts) to drain the oil.

So this pulls the oil from the pan through the dipstick hole, either with hand pump, or hooked up to your compressor.
          The 124 has a top side filter, so pump it out, change the filter, put it new, done. 30 minutes no jacking.
          With the Ford, the oil filter is right on the front of the motor, and easy to reach without jacking the car up.

Put the cap on it, dump it at the recycle center.
          And oh, it comes with connections to bleed brakes, also...

I hate putting cars on jack stands....
          Last edited by Baatfam; 06-21-2020, 06:45 AM.

Comment

Not sure it quite counts as wrenching but I've been working on my other collection and just finished the mini replica of my Kat last night.

IMG_4194 by starpoint73, on Flickr
            1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
            1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

New airbox side boots are installed and Charmayne's carbs fit in much better. We'll finish putting everything back together when she returns and start test #3456
              Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
              1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
              2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
              Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
              and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

EVERYONE knows #3456 is the charm.
                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Really dig the oil extractor thingy but I`m even more diggin` the front plate, GO CUBS GO! I`m missing baseball and my Cubbies.
                  Mike
                  Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                  Oil extractor. Works great. Popular with inboard boats, and cars with belly pans. This is the one I got: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Got it for the 124 Spider because it is a b!tch to jack up, you have to lift both ends (drain pug in front of motor), and you have to remove the belly pan (10 bolts) to drain the oil.

So this pulls the oil from the pan through the dipstick hole, either with hand pump, or hooked up to your compressor.
                  The 124 has a top side filter, so pump it out, change the filter, put it new, done. 30 minutes no jacking.
                  With the Ford, the oil filter is right on the front of the motor, and easy to reach without jacking the car up.

Put the cap on it, dump it at the recycle center.
                  And oh, it comes with connections to bleed brakes, also...

I hate putting cars on jack stands....
                  sigpic1981 gs1000G Black
                  1969 Honda Dream Apart and someday will be painted!

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.

Comment

Originally posted by michaelj_444 View Post
                    Really dig the oil extractor thingy but I`m even more diggin` the front plate, GO CUBS GO! I`m missing baseball and my Cubbies.
                    Mike
                    Right? I do miss baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by pete View Post
                      Not sure it quite counts as wrenching but I've been working on my other collection and just finished the mini replica of my Kat last night.

IMG_4194 by starpoint73, on Flickr
                      Nice!! Is the Honda based on Doohans' 1993 bike?
                      '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

Cool, Pete! Those look to good to be Aoshima model kits...? ( I made the gsx400E from them but didn't do
                        a great job
                        Suzuki+model-1.jpg

Comment

No wrenching yet. But I did do some screaming and hollering.

BMW RT not start yesterday.
                          had been on charger, was not the gear-sidestand interlock, ... something wrong.

last ride I thought maybe heard something whirring in front of engine where is the belt drive to alternator. And I have read it belt frays the threads can rip up the wiring to the ignition pickup sensor there.

other typical problem is hoses to fuel pump inside tank fail. But I had those (and belt) all replace 5 years ago (when mission replaced).

next step would be to check spark..... then occurred to me that I have never seen nor layed finger on spark plug on this thing, and can’t say where they are... well, yah, on cyllinderhead somewhere..... I had to laugh at myself.

then went back to hollering at it. Watch this: I am gonna take the Honda, the 1986 Honda, never a problem, has sat there for weeks, not even on charger, and is gonna start.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Long Live Analog!!!
                            "Only fe' collected the old way, has any value." from His Majesty O'Keefe (1954 film)
                            1982 GS1100G- road bike, body, seat and suspension modded
                            1990 GSX750F-(1127cc '92 GSXR engine) track bike, much re-engineered
                            1987 Honda CBR600F Hurricane; hooligan bike, restored

Comment

Oil change today on the 1000E. First time running in nearly 2 years. Long story, don't ask. Rode around the block (13 miles) just to warm the engine to make the oil drain better. When I pulled into the garage, gas was running out at the petcock area.

I think the leaking gas was from the o-ring at the connection of the petcock to the tank. Must have dried out from sitting for 2 years. Also drained the float bowls and found some foreign matter in the gas, so yeah, now it is time to tear apart and dip the carbies again.
                              Larry

'79 GS 1000E
                              '93 Honda ST 1100 SOLD-- now residing in Arizona.
                              '18 Triumph Tiger 800 (gone too soon)
                              '19 Triumph Tiger 800 Christmas 2018 to me from me.
                              '01 BMW R1100RL project purchased from a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by RichDesmond View Post
                                Nice!! Is the Honda based on Doohans' 1993 bike?
                                Cheers! Nah that's the 86 model of Wayne Gardner's, the year before he won his championship.

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
                                Cool, Pete! Those look to good to be Aoshima model kits...? ( I made the gsx400E from them but didn't do
                                a great job
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]61260[/ATTACH]
                                That looks pretty cool!

These are all Tamiya kits, haven't seen any others locally here unfortunately. There's a GSX750 police bike available but none of the twins I've seen.
                                1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                                1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Working...
                                X