No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I painted today and tried to do the electrolysis thing but not sure how good it did. Plus I'd gone inside for a bit while doing one of the footpeg mounts and the anode and mount touched each other while I was in there. Hopefully the charger isn't fried.

Here's what the parts look like (sorry for picture quality, the Girlfriend's camera doesn't have a flash to take indoor pics).

Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Changed oil in the Suburban, think I might have found the coolant leak, did a little bit of plowing, now I'm off to my shop to work on carving the new neck some more for the bass fiddle I'm repairing.

Comment

My 79 GS 750L. Check valves and install carbs after cleaning them, and sync them. Also did compression test. Not good. Ranges 115 to 135. A teaspoon of oil and they all came up. I am trying to decide whether to go ahead and rebuild it or not. It is no longer my primary motorcycle.

Comment

Added three more shop lights in my garage. Now I can see when I work on the bike at night.
          Current Bikes:
          2001 Yamaha FZ1 (bought same one back)

Comment

I have not worked on anything to get my fingernails dirty for over a week now, and it's driving me crazy.
            I know, it's a short trip.

However, I am looking forward to helping out a GSer this weekend.

Looking forward to getting a Skunk purring.

sigpic
            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
            Family Portrait
            Siblings and Spouses
            Mom's first ride
            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Finally getting to the home stretch... Changed out some bolts with new... Maybe I should call this thing Ace after all the new bolts. Been going over electrical and getting it buttoned up. Want it to roar (as much as a 425 can) on her very first push of the starter.

Comment

Originally posted by GS ace View Post
                The GT750's fuel system is now rehabbed and it now runs! As soon as the fuel hit the carbs, it fired up with that wonderful sound and filled the shop up with smoke. I had to rob the battery out of the '77 GS, but since that GS is my jewel, it'll get a new one. All that needs to be done is the master cylinder kit, clean out the exhaust, finish cleaning it up, and polish the aluminum.
                Any pic's/ video?

Daniel

Comment

Pics

Daniel, I have a few, but having trouble getting them off of the hard drive and onto my GSR album. It's never happened before.

Comment

Dug myself and my stepmom out from last nights snowfall..
                    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Still working on the string bass. I'll have to post a few picts of it as I put it back together. Right now, it's just boring sanding and carving on the neck.

Comment

gave my honda shadow an oil change. also think i found where the fork oil leak on my 81 gs1100e is coming from, and i have those o-ring too

Comment

Changed thermostat in 1993 Mercury Sable. Temp gauge would shoot up way too quickly, and went into the danger zone twice for a few seconds, before falling just as rapidly. I hypothesized that the old thermostate was sticking. So far, the problem hasn't reoccurred with the replacement. I've changed thermostats in almost every car I've owned, and this is the first time that it seems to have made a difference.

In the process, I bought an additional ratchet set a bit better adapted to the limited access. Gear Wrench Vortex system.
                          sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

Installed a new belt on the vacuum cleaner.....
                            Dee Durant '83 750es (Overly molested...) '88 gl1500 (Yep, a wing...)

Comment

put new pegs on a 67 Yammi YL2, finally put the new accelerator pump and #2 carb bowl gasket on my 80 CB900C, also tore down an old FZX700 motor.

Comment

Finished stripping this...

Pulled the engine and put it on my Suzuki stand...

Aftermath...

Pulled in the Cooley for surgery...

Didn't get much done today.

Oh, got hired for a new job before I got home from the interview at 7 A.M.
                                (The phone was ringing when I walked into the house.)

And, got another job offer this evening after I pulled the Cooley in.

Daniel
                                Last edited by Guest; 01-19-2011, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X