No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where did the emblems come from? Dealer?

Comment

I spent all day yesterday at the VA, so today I'm doing the finishing work on putting my truck back together. I put the injection pump in Monday afternoon and evening, checked all the lines for tightness today, made sure all the electrical connections were good, put on the intake manifold, doing the plenum and starter next, then it's time for testing and bleeding of the lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Adler View Post
        Is that for your 3 sided 750?
        That was just for comparison The one next to the Krauser is the old one. There would've been fourth but it literally turned to dust.
        Here the old one and new one are closer. Bad light, sorry

Originally posted by The_Hamster View Post
        Where did the emblems come from? Dealer?

Comment

pledged the bike

Comment

just me afew boxes of aluminum foil, a gallon of vinegar and the slightly rusty exhaust.

Comment

Replaced the right spark plug cap, did lots more voltage measuring around the harness, but still no spark, and still no closer to working out where I'm losing 2 volts. I shall persevere...
              1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

What did I wrench on today? Nothing, nothing for the last 4 months. Man I hate winter, and why I bought a house w/o a heated garage is beyond me!

Sorry, had to vent...

Waiting in boxes for my '78:

New cables (tach, speedo, clutch)
                New engine emblems to go w/the coming polishing session
                Points and condensors
                New cover gaskets for the few that are missing and or need replacing (really PO? )
                All new exhaust gaskets (all 6... )
                Oil and filter change

And more.

And we are to expect another 2-5" of snow here. Crap.

Comment

Google "Salamander Heater"

Comment

Took all the plastics and gas tank off the bike and brought them to the body shop. Those 12mm bolts on the front fender are a B!@#H to get off without a ratcheting wrench!

Received the Galfer brake lines in the mail today as well. I think I'm going to buy the DIY kit for the rear line and see how it goes.

Comment

2-22:
                      FINALY got motivated and put the bike's airbox back on, did some twiddling, and put her back onna road

Comment

Over the last two weeks its been stripping the wire wheels down, polishing the hoops and cleaning the hubs before they are Low Pressure Blasted prior to replacing the spokes with a polished set of new stainless steel spokes, also replaced the wheel bearings. Fitted rebuilt front and rear calipers and replacement brake disc front and rear and pads as well as rebuilt rear brake master cylinder. Today I ordered a new swing-arm shaft, spacers, bearings washer and nut to rebuild the swing arm pivot next week. Although I'am thinking about having the swing arm powder-coated in clear while I've got it off the Kat. Still so much to do and soo little time (and money) for the big ticket items, cheers.
                        Shin-Ken 1074
                        1982 GSX1100SXZ Wire Wheel Katana - BOM Nov 2011
                        1981 GSX1135 Katana Build completed Mar 2024, Curb Weight, all fluids and 21 lt fuel = 206 kg.

Comment

More electrical nightmares tonight...

Disconnected everything and started plugging things in one by one and measuring.

At this point, looks like my coils are dropping 1.5 volts when I plug one or both in which just doesn't seem right to me.

I just realised I didn't test with the coils on and the igniter off, but I need to test the igniter anyways.

Results of my testing:

1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                          1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

So much for having my truck running this week or next. The injection pump they sent me was no good! Tested everything yesterday, came back to the injection pump, called them up, I can return it for a new one, but they won't just send me another one with a box to send the bad one back in first. Jerks! It'll end up being 2 more weeks without my truck. I will be posting negative reviews for them on EBay. The company name is BuyAutoParts.com or Meridian Auto Parts in San Diego, CA. Pulling it apart again this morning to get the pump on the UPS truck by 2:30.

Comment

Pulled off the fairing and tried to rough fit a different one. Didn't work at all. Put everything back, Scammed a few bolts off the different one and used them on mine.

Comment

Pulled the front forks off for new seals. That only took a half hour and since the new seals have yet to arrive I pulled the carbs off and replaced the O-rings on the intakes.

I found why the #1 carb was flooding. I thought it would be a needle/seat or float setting but it ended up that the one of the post that holds the float was broken. It had been repaired but poorly and caused the float to drop down and let the fuel keep flowing.

I was hoping to have it on the road by March 1st but its looking like it might be a couple more weeks. Still need to do a little work on the sidecar but once its done this is going to be my daily driver till November , or till the snow flies.

Comment

Working...
                                X