No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totally ignored my ignition issue tonight coz it's royally p*&^%@ me off.

Got the throttle and tacho cables run ready for the first start, hopefully the tacho still works well enough to show me 2500 rpm's.

Also started on my cardboard mockup of my exhaust, pretty happy with how it's looking so far.
    1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
    1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Comment

OH MY!
        OK, now that the initial drool factor is over. I wonder if the center cylinders 2 & 3 may receive more boost than the outer 1 & 4

Comment

Originally posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
          OH MY!
          OK, now that the initial drool factor is over. I wonder if the center cylinders 2 & 3 may receive more boost than the outer 1 & 4
          I hope not! LOL!
          But just in case I welded A/F bungs on the header so I can monitor each cylinder and tune accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
            OH MY!
            It might have the opposite effect. Without baffles, the airflow may tend to hug the walls of both the short-radius feed tube and the main header tube. But inventors and tinkerers like Mr. Gsryder are used to overcoming silly obstacles like physics.

Ya know..in keeping with many many threads on here....you may have to re-jet

Comment

Originally posted by wisgolfer59 View Post
              It might have the opposite effect. Without baffles, the airflow may tend to hug the walls of both the short-radius feed tube and the main header tube. But inventors and tinkerers like Mr. Gsryder are used to overcoming silly obstacles like physics.

Ya know..in keeping with many many threads on here....you may have to re-jet
              AWHH!!!NO!!!! you mean the stocks jets and needle settings wont work LOL!!

I actually looked at allot of different designs, read allot of different concepts, read allot of different posts from people that have "been there done that" never really found the "right way" to build a plenum.........so I figured I would weld some fittings together and see what happens. Truthfully there is some much other stuff going on with the system in general air going from point A to point B is one of my lesser concerns.

Comment

spent hours sanding all aluminum side covers, lightly polished and hand cut all new gaskets for them.

Comment

just the stupid truck again.....

Due to my aggravation and stupidity working on the truck and trying to get an injection pump to work that wouldn't, I fried my newly rebuilt starter motor. I knew better, but did it anyway. So, Wednesday morning, the starter motor fried, I pulled it out, had a friend take me to where my wife works, got the Suburban, delivered said motor to my trusty rebuilder who told me I really truly fried it beyond belief, but he would fix it for me and keep it as cheap and affordable as possible.
                  I picked it up yesterday afternoon, and installed it this morning, everything works fine now. I got two rebuilt starters for the price of one (if I'd bought it at one of the friendly Auto Parts dealerships), so in the end, I paid $300.00 for my starter. That's what happens when stupid decisions are made. My rebuilder told me it takes a full 2 minutes of cool down for every 8-10 seconds of turning that starter. It all works right now, anyway, and that aggravation is out of my hair, now I can go back to the other projects.

Comment

Dan, if it wasn't for bad luck on your truck, you'd have no luck at all!

Let's hope it serves you well for a while now.

Comment

Finally put the new license plate on the horse trailer today but will need to install a new license plate light so I'll wait for a warmer day to do that. Also reinstalled the valve cover and the air box but promised my daughter she could help so couldn't do much else since she was at her aunt's today. Next weekend maybe.
                      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

After a long cold and very sbowy winter here in Mn I finally got in the shop and started some re-work on the bike..going through carbs again..complete with new paint for them...misc frame paint touch up..new rear shocks..ok not new but more of an upgrade with adj dampening..new rear sprocket to change gearing a bit...blinker re-work the std points cond plugs valve setting..plus a host of other things that always come up..feels good to be in the shop prepping for the spring/summer...cant wait to ride!

DDM

Comment

Originally posted by Detroit Diesel Man View Post
                          After a long cold and very sbowy winter here in Mn I finally got in the shop and started some re-work on the bike..going through carbs again..complete with new paint for them...misc frame paint touch up..new rear shocks..ok not new but more of an upgrade with adj dampening..new rear sprocket to change gearing a bit...blinker re-work the std points cond plugs valve setting..plus a host of other things that always come up..feels good to be in the shop prepping for the spring/summer...cant wait to ride!

DDM
                          Glad to hear that some around here is getting something done!

Me and mine...still waiting for the weather to break.

Comment

Well got the Forks ripped apart on the GS.

Got a buncha **** painted....gonna look awesome!
                            (i'll post those tomorrow, when it's complete.)

And, me being stupid.........

Comment

Caution, may turn *P*

Taxes! What happened to the middle class tax cuts? I'm working my butt off now for 2 days trying to whittle my Federal tax down to where I don't have to pay above and beyond what we've had taken from us already! We don't come close to the $120k/year mark, more like half of that, I didn't even make a profit on my business last year! Last year, I paid into MN, this year, it looks like the feds are deeper into my pocket.

I'd like to WRENCH on some politician's heads!

I did go out to my shop, and looked at my bike and the string bass work in progress, I'll be getting back to that tomorrow, I hope.

Comment

Dead in the water in my shop. I just took the cylinder apart on my air compressor. The sleeve and ring were ate up. It's no wonder why it started making weird noises and wouldn't recover. Damned oil-less stuff. In a few minutes, I have to deal with riding an hour to north Austin in screwy traffic for a kit.

Comment

Working...
                                X