what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"And now for something completely different"
    Had to be at work at 3:30am today to finalize the disconnection of 3 of our old Plastic Injection Machines in our Plant. My 2nd and 3rd shift guys did pretty darn good, only minor details were left. The Riggers showed at 8:00 and we hauled them out the door and onto the Semi's by 1:00pm. We then relocated two others inside the plant.
    Here is the mid-sized one of the three, a '87 vintage 400 Ton (clamping force not weight) HPM.

All this to make room for 4 new Toshiba Electric Presses like this that are showing up next Month!!

Last edited by Guest; 03-12-2011, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Pretty much couldn't do anything today except taxes for my girlfriend, took off the engine guards from a 550 Tkent02 had for mine, and helped my brother-in-law pack up his ex-girlfriend's Uhaul. Need to help him unload it tomorrow but still can't do anything since I'll be in town all day (might take my horse in the trailer and ride afterwards though).
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Put fork seals in a Honda Nighthawk..

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
          Great to see ya posting DDM . Lets cross paths this summer.
          Definetely planning on it..I think I have 2 others with GS's interested as well..one lives down near Litchfield and the other in Mpls...I think both of them are on the site now..I'd love to get a MN/Wisc/Iowa run together..maybe a week-end deal..meet someplace in the middle..majority of my riding last year was alone after Ed passed away..been wrenchin on the rocket last few days..got my parts from Z1 last week and doing some touch up stuff..really gonna get the itch this week when its 50deg.

DDM

Comment

Exhaust bolts

Pulled some snapped exhaust bolts out of of the engine, used some PJ-1 to loosen them up. Painted the side hard cases.

Comment

Sent a drillbit into my middle finger drilling carb plugs on an XVS11. I've put down the tools for the evening.

Comment

Painted ignition cover.

Comment

Solved the problem of my triple clamp hitting the tank at full lock. A previous owner had put the top fork bolts on backward with the captive nuts towards the tank Reversed them and all is good! Saved me having to weld the frame to reduce steering lock

Removed and painted the battery box. Battery acid had corroded the whole area. My better half came out to help sand before painting. I hope she continues such behaviour it might help me justify getting a sand blasting cabinet too.

Then just washed and lubed the chain on my ducati.

Looking forward to UPS bringing me a new exhaust tomorrow.

Comment

This is what NOT to do to your crankshaft!!! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by RedBaron View Post
                      Sent a drillbit into my middle finger drilling carb plugs on an XVS11. I've put down the tools for the evening.
                      So instead of flipping you the bird... is that the bird flipping you?
                      1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Got my electrics tray pretty much sorted, but need to file all the sharp edges and finalise the mounting method yet:

And made up my temporary fuel tank ready for the first start:

1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                        1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Re-spacing my FCR's.

Comment

I think I'm gonna check the air in my tires, put a little gas in the tank and go for a spin, 80 degrees here today, piture perfect weather! Whoopie!
                            sigpic
                            Steve
                            "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

Changed the oil in the 84; now just need to do the 82. With a 4-1 that has to be removed for access to the filter, I'm not looking forward to it.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X