No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still working on the string bass neck as my bike gets jealous languishing in the corner of my shop.....

My shop and its' mess.......

Comment

Great looking shop Dan.
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
        Great looking shop Dan.
        Thanks, but it is a mess, as my wife reminds me........

Comment

Good looking shop, Dan. You've seen mine and KNOW that "your mess" pales by comparison!

As for the Bass...WOW, the art involved in doing that kind and level, is a lost (or at least VERY hard to find) art form. Hats off, for the craftsmanship!!

Keep the pics coming...

Comment

More 'Scorty

A little of my handy work yesterday:

Dupli Color Rust Fix after a great deal of Fords rock chip protectant, was removed.

Interior shot of the drivers rear door. Still needs final clean up and rust proof the inside of the door.

Same door from the outside...

Comment

Originally posted by Dave8338 View Post
              A little of my handy work yesterday:

Dupli Color Rust Fix after a great deal of Fords rock chip protectant, was removed.

Interior shot of the drivers rear door. Still needs final clean up and rust proof the inside of the door.

Same door from the outside...
              Well, Dave, with what you're doing for that 'Scort, I'm going to have to park my CJ-6 in your garage so you can give it the same treatment. I haven't gotten back to doctoring on it yet. I'll post some pictures of that side of the shop/garage when I resume the re-wiring operation and other assorted things I have to do to get it back on the road.

Comment

Dan...can I think about your offer on the CJ-6 and get back to you??

Yeah, it has to be a hobby for me or I'd go broke!

Front right fender, (pic from above) inside:

Should keep the "I can't drive in ice/snow...needs melting" people and their SALT POOP, away for another 10 years!
                Last edited by Dave8338; 01-25-2011, 03:15 AM.

Comment

today I adjusted valves on my XJ600, bled the handbrake on the stuntbike, adjusted the stuntbikes rear brake pedal and finished putting the frikkin cage back on it(AFTER lining up the motor mounts again....)

then I did some cleanup on the FZR caliper I'm swapping onto my Seca, cause I'm bored. in all, pretty busy and productive day.

oh and I swapped the stator on the stuntbike, which cured a hesitation I was having on accel, and put the tail fairing on again.

Comment

GS750 - Front end is torn down, replaced wheel bearings and fork seals. Just patching it back together. Currently converting it from my daily rider to weekend warrior. Removing front faring, 12v power source, fog lights. Oil change and patched up an oil leak.
                    GSF1200 - Installed hand guards, Handle bar Riser, 12V source, fog lights. Plan on installing the new 14 tooth Front Sprocket Thursday.
                    Jedz Moto
                    1980 Suzuki GS1000G
                    1988 Honda GL1500-6
                    2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
                    2020 Honda Monkey Z125
                    2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
                    Originally posted by Hayabuser
                    Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

GS1100L---Removed gadges, rear sets, handle bars, rear fender, front fender and turn signals. She is stripped.

Pic here: Project NimRod
                      Are you doing a restoration project of some kind on a GS? Let everyone see what you are doing by posting the details here.

Comment

What did I wrench on??

other peoples sh*t.....I hate my job.I hate my job.I hate my job.I hate my job.

It doesnt help that we're a man down in the shop too.

I need to get out and yank all the carbs off the bikes and get 'em cleaned before it starts getting warm again.
                        Matos law: Murphy was a lucky B@stard!
                        1979 GS850GN
                        sigpic

In memory of Dave "Gonzo" Steele
                        1975-2008

Comment

I cant say I hate my job, I’m a Power steering technician and for the past day or so I have been “wrenching” on the boss’s sons birthday present, a KX80….

Today was the motor… total rebuild with new piston, rings, hot rod conrod, new bearings and seals throughout and the gearbox inspected and cleaned…

Closed it up today and gave it a new coat of paint…damn does it have some compression for an 80cc.....

I wish my parents loved me that much to buy me a kx80 for my 11th birthday…

Oh man I need a hug.......

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Comment

Well guys! Be happy you have a job. I sat on my arse for half the day (no work no $) then went and wrenched on my garage while waiting for project part$. Bit of a problem that... no work frees you up to work on your projects but no money to pay for parts for the projects. Anyhoo I had a bit of a tidy up and reshuffle to open her up a bit.

Last edited by Guest; 01-28-2011, 06:52 AM.

Comment

A reasonable number of these...

1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
                              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Replaced my well used turbo on my truck with a good used one.

Did it in my attached garage, blast heater going all the time. Not too uncomfortable.

Comment

Working...
                                X