X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
    Model, make and year?

Daniel
    Oh any Toyota Camry, the point is, the car was small!

Opps, you meant the bike.....

1982 GS1000S
    Scott
    1982 GS1000S #1 bought in 84, #2 gone, #3 in hibernation
    1983 GS1100ES #1 (bought in 03, July 09 BOM, 65k traded in 17), #2 New daily rider, #3 in hibernation
    1982 GS1100E Red #1 - Original owner, sold in 93, #2 (Red) sold in 20 to Andy B
    2018 Gold Wing Tour - new out of the crate 1st non-Suzuki in 38 years
    sigpic

Comment

Ripped the motor out of the 86 gsxr 1100 gonna pull the head off tomorrow to see how bad she really is. The rear brake stay is also now on my 82 11e so no more make shift square stock bit. One day ill post pictues of ole humpty dumpty.....

Comment

As per my motard thread, took a blowtorch to my 250 and mangled the frame in a good way .

Comment

Not much, and nothing crucial...
          Changed oil & filter, bled and topped up brake fluid (much better now...), and removed the engine guards.

Looks better now, innit?

Comment

Originally posted by Hovmod View Post
            Looks better now, innit?
            It would look even better with that seat on one of my bikes.

Daniel

Comment

Took the stock handlebar off and installed a black Bikemaster superbike bar I got from Z1 the other day.

In progress

No bars

New bars installed

Up next will be seat I picked up on Ebay, as soon as the new hinges I ordered get here.

ETA: Bravo to Z1 for not having stupid-high shipping costs on the handlebar! Most other places I checked out were asking more for the bars and sometimes as much as $20.00 for shipping and handling. My total cost for the bars plus shipping from Z1 was 25 and some change. They just got themselves a new repeat customer!
              Last edited by Guest; 05-22-2011, 11:10 AM.

Comment

It would look even better with that seat on one of my bikes.

Daniel
                Hehehe...
                At first, I wasn't crazy about it, but it grew on me.

Comment

Ha det bra Hovmod!

Daniel

Comment

Rebuilding the carbs on my brother in laws GS650.

Comment

After washing the mud off the bike yesterday, I drained the oil - pretty disgusting, changed the spark plugs, and put the new mirrors on the bike today (thanks 7981GS). Won't refill the oil until tomorrow since I am picking up a new oil sight glass from the local shop (surprised they had it in stock).

Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Let's see today... I retaped my wiring harness, put all new bullet connectors on, threaded it and hooked up the: coils, ignition switch, and rear brake switch. Going to finish painting the battery box tnoght so I can wire everything else in tomorrow.

Anticipating 3 priority mail packages between friday and saturday... mwahahahahah.

Comment

Got the GS charging and back on the road today. Whew.

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
                            Got the GS charging and back on the road today. Whew.
                            Yeah! What was the problem(s)? And the cure(s)?

Daniel

Comment

Installed an E-model seat that I got from Ebay and replaced a broken headlight bucket with one that I bought here from 7981GS.

Comment

Yeah! What was the problem(s)? And the cure(s)?

Daniel
                                I placed a 20A fused wire directly from the R/R to the battery, plus a 20A fuse for the Main fuse in the factory fuse box. All other components and connections remained the same as before, and it immediately began charging again.
                                Apparently I developed an Open circuit somewhere between my R/R and the battery. It was charging fine after the System Relay Mod, then stopped charging.
                                This is a short-term solution but it does work; long term I will have to debug the wiring harness and find out where the Open is located and repair it. Most likely it is the infamous "T" connection that needs to be repaired, but that is supposition at this time.

Comment

Working...
                                X