what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love the exhaust!
    What are you going to use for a heat shield for your leg?

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
      I love the exhaust!
      What are you going to use for a heat shield for your leg?

Daniel
      Cheers Daniel, me too

There's one on there now, it just may or may not come forward enough as it stands but I'll see how it goes once I've got it finished and running.

The exhaust is ceramic coated, so it won't produce the same amount of heat as chrome, but whether I need to do something further I'll just have to wait and see...
      1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
      1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Installing the drive-line back into my Nostalgia Pro-stock car.

Comment

Originally posted by 83GS1100E_Tornado View Post
          Another Craiglist find just picked up today, 86 model, actually has the same stock blue paint that my 90 model has, and also the exact same mileage (23K). The 4 into 1 Kerker sounds awesome, my other has Supertrapps, now I'm not sure which one is better? I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this one, it feels a little faster than my 90, going to put a factory windshield on it, I may build a crazy custom out of it or something. Not sure yet. Enjoy!
          Video:

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Pics:

VERY VERY NICE. Loves me them V-Max bikes. Will someday be one in my little collection. Just need to find the "right" one.

Comment

Dude! you looked P.O.ed when you're taking pics! (left mirror)

Comment

Got some bits and pieces on to see how it's all looking with the new exhaust and to see how good or bad the new duck tail is that I made up:

Definitely taking shape now! And also got my choke lever adaptor hooked up again and it does what it's supposed to:

1982 GS450E - The Wee Beastie
              1984 GSX750S Katana 7/11 - Kit Kat - BOTM May 2020

sigpic

450 Refresh thread: https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-GS450-Refresh

Katana 7/11 thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...84-Katana-7-11

Comment

Got the wiring harness mostly hooked up (turn signals and gauge cluster lights still aren't working). I also installed new spark plugs and plug caps.

Fun fact: The idiots at the stealership I bought my bike from had the wrong spark plugs installed. I cold maybe understand if the temperature rating was off by a bit, but these were just entirely incorrect plugs. Surprise, surprise, my bike no longer has the part-throttle hesitation it had when I first bought it. They probably just threw four of whatever plugs they had on hand and figured I wouldn't notice.

Fun fact number 2: I didn't know that the little cap at the wire end of a spark plug unscrews. I kept wondering why the plug caps weren't seating properly!

Anyway, I got the bike up and running again and took it on its first ride since I brought it home!

PS - This wouldn't have been possible without a very generous donation from Chuck Hahn. Thanks again, Chuck!

Comment

Yesterday, I finally had time to wrench on the 1100G. The starter was mucked up it turned out, starter clutch is still surviving, put the parts 850 starter in, straightened out some wiring issues, installed longer footpegs (same as on my 850) on the case guards, found a bunch of loose screws to tighten and replaced an airbox mounting screw that had apparently fallen out. Now I can ride the big bike again! Yay!!!!!
                  Last edited by Guest; 07-27-2011, 10:45 AM. Reason: mistyped, made it an 1150 instead of 1100

Comment

No wrenches involved but made some nasty corroded aluminum look good again. A little time at the buffing wheel got me one step closer on my carb O/H.

Comment

Well I got the new fuel petcock in by UPS, so I took off the tank, emptied about half of the gas out of the tank, tipped it sideways and installed the new petcock, then I pulled off the cobbled-up fuel shut off valve, and put on some new line, and now it looks much cleaner.

Rewarded myself by riding the GS to SONIC for a Cherry Limeade

Comment

Just about to head outside to clean and grease the trailer wheel bearings....
                        Track day comin'....
                        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

If any work on bikes, it will be to clean up from getting caught in rain twice and running on wet pavement 2 other times riding to work this week.

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
                          Just about to head outside to clean and grease the trailer wheel bearings....
                          Track day comin'....
                          Bob, How fast do you expect the trailer to go on the track that you are concerned about wheel bearings?

Were you that guy that says you go to Gratten? (I understand that is somewhere around here.)

Dave

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                          GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Gingerman...
                            Not sure exactly where it is yet...this will be my first time...
                            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
                              No wrenches involved but made some nasty corroded aluminum look good again. A little time at the buffing wheel got me one step closer on my carb O/H.

Beautiful result. Did you use any buffing compound?
                              sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

Originally posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post

Those look so nice, good job

Comment

Working...
                                X