No announcement yet.

what did you wrench on today??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installed new rear speakers in my 95 Mazda Protege. Old versus new is pretty grizzly:

Grills aren't on yet, as there is no good way to attach them. I'll probably end up using a few dabs of construction adhesive. Replacing front door speakers will follow. The old ones are just as bad as the rears. Figuring how to remove/reinstall the door panel without damaging it will be at least half of the battle.

For anyone who needs to replace speakers, check out Parts Express. Excellent prices (both pairs totaled $70 including S&H) and broad selection.
    sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

got the top end off tonight, was so clean in there!, carbon on valves,as usual
      most of the bolts were lose!!! valve cover,timing tensioner! head was tight though
      still signs of cross hatch at 30k!, just had no compression,cams were like new!,it is so clean in there

Comment

Finished framing the 2nd wing panel on my 1932 Pietenpol Air Camper.

Earl
        All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor View Post
          Finished framing the 2nd wing panel on my 1932 Pietenpol Air Camper.

Earl

ALRIGHT, Earl...PICS or STf ... well ... I need pics!

What is a "Pietenpol Air Camper" ?

And don't take pics of a pup tent!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave8338 View Post
            ALRIGHT, Earl...PICS or STf ... well ... I need pics!

What is a "Pietenpol Air Camper" ?

And don't take pics of a pup tent!
            I'll post some pics of it as soon as I get the wing attach fittings made and installed and can get a pic of it assembled. It'll be a framed, but not covered pic though. Still a ways from covering. hehe

This is a 1932 Pietenpol.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

SWEET!!! Almost looks like an old Stinson.

Is it yours or a restoration for someone else? Are you doing the fabric and dope work, as well? Nothing like stretching a tight skin!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave8338 View Post
                SWEET!!! Almost looks like an old Stinson.

Is it yours or a restoration fo someone else? Are you doing the fabric and dope work, as well? Nothing like stretching a tight skin!

Its mine, but its a 10 ft exact replica from full size plans. I'm doing all the drawings and fabrication including scale 8 1/2" wood spoked wheels as were on the original. The only thing I can't duplicate is a 1:2.8 scaled model A Ford engine. LOL The engine will have to be a 60cc, 6 hp one I have on hand. It'll turn a correct scale 24" prop at about 7k rpm.
                I'll decide on type of covering depending where I am with weight when its time for that step. I prefer dope and fabric. We'll see. eheh
                Oh yeah, forgot to mention, its radio control and should fly the same as the full size one does. I originally intended to build it full size and put my pilots license to use, but life got in the way and there was never time or space. heh.

Earl

Comment

My ignitor crapped out on me last week so I spent the day installing a Dyna S ignition. After installation, I discovered my 1-4 coil also failed, so I replaced it with a stock GPz coil. The wires were too short, so I got a couple of generic suppression wires from my local AutoZone and used those. Feels good to be on the road again, and I will be riding Brown County tomorrow along with bwringer, twr1776, and whomever else they can drum up.

Comment

Got some paint on the body panels of the GS today. Still have to spray the tank after I fix a dent in it. The colors are a dark blue metallic from an 80's Ford and silver metallic from a 90's Dodge. Needs a sand and re-coat of clear due to the couple of bugs that flew in to the clear, but all in all it came out pretty good.

[IMG][/IMG]
                    [IMG][/IMG]
                    [IMG][/IMG]
                    [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Another day of fighting a cantankerous XL100 dirtbike for a friend. No joy yet. I could tear down my 1150 to nuttin and put it back together and it would fire right up and synching four carbs was duck soup, but you think I could get ONE carb on a ONE cylinder engine to draw fuel? Of course not!
                      This little gnat of a bike is kicking my butt. LOL

Earl

Comment

Fixed one of the horse pens only to have my step-daughter's horse break through it again. Then went for both a motorcycle and horse ride.
                        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Gathered ALL of the lumber to build a new home for my Suzuki's.
                          A 12' X 12' shed, just was NOT going to be big enough...
                          so, it is going to be 12" X 16"

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by 81GS750 View Post
                            Got some paint on the body panels of the GS today. Still have to spray the tank after I fix a dent in it. The colors are a dark blue metallic from an 80's Ford and silver metallic from a 90's Dodge. Needs a sand and re-coat of clear due to the couple of bugs that flew in to the clear, but all in all it came out pretty good.

[IMG][/IMG]
                            [IMG][/IMG]
                            [IMG][/IMG]
                            [IMG][/IMG]
                            That is going to look SWEET!

Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by 81GS750 View Post
                              Yes, it did.

I got my front tire dismounted, after several tries to figure out exactly how to use the tire irons. Also cleaned up the rim, and bought new valves. NAPA sells made in the USA valves for $5. It seems like mounting the new tires will be as much of a PITA as dismounting was.
                              sigpic[Tom]

“The greatest service this country could render the rest of the world would be to put its own house in order and to make of American civilization an example of decency, humanity, and societal success from which others could derive whatever they might find useful to their own purposes.” George Kennan

Comment

I changed my headlight. Lamp was half burned out.

Now the tricky part will be focussing that thing while I ride
                                "I have come to believe that all life is precious." -- Eastman, TWD6.4

1999 Triumph Legend 900 TT

Comment

Working...
                                X