This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by macbec29 View Post
    So am I looking for a statute of "Saint Micheal"? Or any catholic saint? Or any saint from any religion? There is a huge Buddha statute in a bar ( yes I said a bar) here in san francisco, does that qualify?
    Not unless they call him Saint Buddha.

Comment

Originally posted by Zim View Post
      Saint Michael

]

Zim,

At first I was thinking this is a strange tag, and that it is too specific for anybody to easily find another one like it.
      But then I relaized that my background is such that I dont really know much about Saints. I know that Catholic and Orthodox traditions do emphisise staints more.
      <......deleted.........>
      <......deleted.........>

Part of the fun of this game is not only trying to think of where to ride to, but being presented with different things/subjects to think about that otherwize might not.
      So, quess have accomplished both on this tag.

So, St Michael. All I really know about St Michael is that is the name of the town my dad was born and raised in and were I have a bunch of cousins, St Michael PA (near Johnstown).
      But I will look and see what more I can find out about St Micheal, and where such a statue might be located.
      For all I know, maybe that is one of only 3 in on the entire continent, or maybe there is one in every Catholic cemetary and maybe every tenth catholic church has one.

>>>later note.
      And I suppose too much more discussion of angles and saints would not be appropiate here (so lets not.).
      Just ment to discuss how to find another such statue.
      So, I have deleted some of my original comments.

(And I have determined how to find such a statue, but may not have opportunity to get out and about today).

>>much later note:
      Extra bonus points for anybody posting picture of thier bike in the Sistine Chapel with the painting ... ... oh, that would be a painting, not a statue.

Last edited by Redman; 08-06-2011, 09:16 AM. Reason: later note.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Actually, Michael is the archangel who leads the army of God against Satan. This is why he has wings; angels have wings. Saints are human people who are given sainthood by the Church due to their works on earth. For a really irreverent but hilarious look at Michael, see the movie by the same name, starring John Travolta, also the ever foxy Andie MacDowell. But I digress.

Comment

Originally posted by koolaid_kid View Post
          ......... angels have wings. Saints are human people who are given sainthood by the Church due to their works on earth. .......
          George, that is almost word for word what I deleted (so as to not excite further discussion).
          Dave

GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

Hmmm. All I did was wiki the info to clarify. I certainly hope no one gets excited, this is not OT and it was not intended as an OT post.
            George

Comment

St michael &amp; Next tag

Plate says St Michael.
              Is acrost the road from St Michael Catholic Church outside Coopersville, in a small cemetary, all surrounded by corn fields.
              Would have had to go acrost graves to get bike in front of statue, so I didn't.

Is about 15 miles from home, down a road I have never been on before. So that was fun.

BIG COW
              Much bigger than real size.

Doesnt have to be on a trailer like this one (that was in parade this morning).
              Have seen other big cows like this at dairy farms or ice cream production facility and such, so I suppose some of you know were can find another one.
              Actaully, others that I have seen look to be same size as this and shaped just like this (maybe painted different pattern). Maybe made from same mold.

Maybe by Tuesady or so, if nobody can find a "Big Cow", maybe we can open it up to include bulls, steers, pigs, chickens, other farm raised animals, but for now, its "Big Cow".

ha ha. I think the picture is funny.

Last edited by Redman; 08-06-2011, 11:08 PM. Reason: spulling and grammer

Comment

Originally posted by Redman View Post
                George, that is almost word for word what I deleted (so as to not excite further discussion).
                Dave

Same here!

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Nice, I think I'll try to scare one up tomorrow. The bank in the next town over had a couple of cows out front, but they're gone now (and weren't big anyway). There's got to be a jumbo somewhere!
                  "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Better be quick. Mooooove it, so to speak.

Comment

Originally posted by wacky941 View Post
                      Same here!
                      That's because you are from Pearland. The only thing that comes from there are steers and, well, me. I used to live out 518, north of what used to be known as Dead Man's Curve, on the road known in Houston as Chocolate Bayou. West of Brookside, out in the country next to the rice paddies. Sigh.

Comment

Better be quick. Mooooove it, so to speak.
                        Oooo the pun was an udder abomination!
                        "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

That's because you are from Pearland. The only thing that comes from there are steers and, well, me. I used to live out 518, north of what used to be known as Dead Man's Curve, on the road known in Houston as Chocolate Bayou. West of Brookside, out in the country next to the rice paddies. Sigh.
                          It's still kinda like that, has built up a little.
                          Funny thing is depending on how long ago you were here there used to be one of those big ol steer on a trailer just a couple miles from here at Telephone and Belfort.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

If the Rebel was inspected, I would go down the the "Turkey Hill Experience" museum place. They used to have a Turkey Hill cow move around to the convienece store that sold the most products, but they since mooved it and it stays there now.

People who don't have Turkey Hill products.. Im sorry for your depraved natures. They are very popular around here, plus the main plant is right near where I live, and my college. It was a huge deal around here when they put up the windmills.

Come to Lancaster County to learn how our ice cream is made, sit in a milk truck, milk our mechanical cows, and learn about the people and culture of Turkey Hill.
                            Last edited by Guest; 08-07-2011, 12:48 PM. Reason: Website

Comment

No udders...but a checkerboard blanket. This is not a cow... its a bull. Or a steer if his balls are gone. Its up to you Red if he is acceptable .

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

I suggest it is the singular of cattle, which most accept as "cow". I say let's have the next tag. There is a cattle on a pedestal/trailer right up Pendleton Pike, but I spent this weekend repairing the GPz instead. Much better allocation of scarce resources (my time and bwringer's time).

Comment

Working...
                                X