This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
    On a side note: Do I know how to start some controversy or what?
    No, you didn't start anything. Your new to the game, thats understandible.
    GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02
      This part is bull****. If it's got to be PC enough for everyone to get every tag, what's the point?
      What exactly is the point anyway?
      Getting to be a silly fvcking game.
      Rules and regulations, time limits, screw that. I get that at work.

Like I said, go start another tag racing thread, with all the rules and regulations you want.

Better yet start it on a new forum.
      The point is to get out and ride. I go look for most of the tags, even if I doubt I'd be able to find it. Its supposed to be a fun game. Not a game that people keep score and try to beat others with the toughest tags. ****, I'll go get a tag nobody would be able to get. My bike in front of a rusty train bridge with the uphill road being under construction and a dead squirrel in the background. Oh yeah, and evergreen trees that are over growing a tennis court off the the left.
      Anyone could make an impossible tag. The point of my tags are to get people out riding and looking for things that make you be creative or make you ride around.
      We have no palm trees around here, however we have a tanning place that has a sign of a palm tree. Its called being creative.

Comment

My fault for sparking today's bickering!
        btw, post #2 states the 48 hr rule by Theo, but the original poster doesn't have anything about time limit in his game rules on another forum, so the rules are all void. In the interest of order I have self appointed myself as the new rules committee chairman, tkent as my vice-chair, gsrick as my other vice-chair and anyone else as peons. First meeting will be tomorrow night at 7pm EST in Concord, NH and you have to arrive by motorcycle (can be a non-GS). If no-one shows I will propose the new rules as follows and they will be put in effect at midnight, 5/23/2012:

1. Get a tag

2. New person fills that tag and gets new tag on same ride

3. If tag lasts longer than 48 hrs unfilled, then the tag holder needs to get a new tag for the rest of us slackers

4. All prizes will be awarded at the chairman's discretion or vice-chairmen if chairman is asleep.

5. Election of new chairman and vice-chairman(or person) will take place on
        Jan 1, 2022, or by special election sooner if declared mentally incompetent or dies.

Now, Spyder, you promised a new tag today after work, so don't disappoint me or the hundreds of other forum members from all over the globe. Now get out and ride!!

Comment

Uh, if they arrive to the meeting on a bike other than a GS, they should be turned away. This is a forum for GS bikes, not harleys. GTFO with your blasphemy.

Okay people, enough with the hate. On to the love.
          Go out and get that new tag Spyder!
          We need more posts with tags, not arguing. I'm going to be getting out there more, hopefully.

Comment

Here, here ! ! !

I'm on it!
            '83 GS 1100T
            The Jet

sigpic
            '95 GSXR 750w
            The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

I love the idea of this game but there are more pages of BS than of tags. How about two threads? One for just the tags and one for discussion?

Half the time it's too much of a pain to dig through the pages of text to figure out what the current tag is to make it worth playing.

Either that or this thread needs a mean-ass moderator to clear the clutter.

Comment

All hail the mean ass moderator...
                '83 GS 1100T
                The Jet

sigpic
                '95 GSXR 750w
                The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

All hail the mean ass moderator...
                  Less talking, more riding...when do you get off work already?
                  Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                  '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Won't be on the bike till 6.
                    '83 GS 1100T
                    The Jet

sigpic
                    '95 GSXR 750w
                    The Rocket

Comment

Won't be on the bike till 6.
                      That's OK...I probably won't be on a bike till Saturday....
                      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02
                        I hearby nominate MAJikMARCer to be the mean-ass moderator
                        Dammit, I KNEW that was going to happen. But my ass just isnt that mean! LOL

Comment

All hail the just not that mean mediator!
                          '83 GS 1100T
                          The Jet

sigpic
                          '95 GSXR 750w
                          The Rocket

Comment

Originally posted by MAJikMARCer View Post
                            Can't you draw a mean face on your ass.
                            GSRick
                            No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                            Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

I say:
                              Any and all bikes are welcome.
                              You need to post both old and new tags. The tag isn't done until there is a new tag up. Meaning, if you post the old one, and I go out and get the old tag and the new tag and post them before you post the new one, then tough luck.
                              Nothing impossible. This game is for fun. Keep it that way.
                              If nobody has gotten the tag within 48 hours, go get a new one. Perhaps an easier one to keep the game moving along, especially during the summer.

Lets get back to the point we were at a few months ago. I remember getting multiple tags in just a couple hours.

Comment

Originally posted by MAJikMARCer View Post
                                Some spicy Indian food will fix that.

Comment

Working...
                                X