X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I call your playground:

And raise you a caboose:

Comment

Hey Rick...what's with the towel on the seat?
      Is that some Florida thing to keep the seat from being 200º when you sit on it?
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
        Hey Rick...what's with the towel on the seat?
        Is that some Florida thing to keep the seat from being 200º when you sit on it?
        Imatation sheep skin, the seat on this bike gives me monkee butt. lol I dont have that problem on my 78. Go figure. I think I need to reshape the foam, it has a bit of a down hill thing going.
        GSRick
        No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
        Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Can I post a picture of my old ladies caboose with my bike in the picture

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02
            Tom,
            Hi TOm.
            The link shows a Imagepoop logo and "smiley face", which I suspect is not what you intended. ANd I notice the file name of the image is "...No Hotlink.tif".

Ew, and now that I can see the full name of your intended photo ... maybe I am not too dissapointed.

Last edited by Redman; 03-18-2012, 05:00 PM.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
            GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

That's weird... It was a fat chick engulfing a sport bike.
              Gone now.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

not a caboose but an old train depot, just wanted to share a couple from todays ride

Comment

So, the caboose is still up for grabs? Now that my camera batteries are charged up and I can play hookey from work for a bit, I'm going to jump back into the game!

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheMan View Post
                    So, the caboose is still up for grabs? Now that my camera batteries are charged up and I can play hookey from work for a bit, I'm going to jump back into the game!
                    Go Dan Go, save me a 25 mile trip or a boring afternoon waiting for the train to go by.
                    GSRick
                    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
                      Go Dan Go, save me a 25 mile trip or a boring afternoon waiting for the train to go by.
                      Ah.... maybe your boring wait may end with a dissapointment.
                      I seem to have noticed that, around here, anyway, trains dont have cabooses anymore.

Had 850G for 14 years. Now have GK since 2005.
                      GK at IndyMotoGP Suzuki Display... ... GK on GSResources Page ... ... Euro Trash Ego Machine .. ..3 mo'cykls.... update 2 mocykl

Comment

OK, here's the caboose. You may remember it from a riding game post last year that I did that triggered various caboose pictures. This time it's taken from the opposite side along the main highway, and I've included the old depot in the picture.

Now, here's the next tag if you can locate one. It's a fire tower (you may say, "huh?, what's that?", and if nobody can find one of these anachronisms, I've got a back up tag for that, but as per the original poster's thread rules for this game, I'll give it 48 hours. Game ON!

Comment

There are several around Lake Tahoe but near impossible to get to by all but dirt bikes.
                          Many, many miles off of any paved roads and impossible to see from them.

I'll check beck later...

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                            There are several around Lake Tahoe but near impossible to get to by all but dirt bikes.
                            Many, many miles off of any paved roads and impossible to see from them.

I'll check beck later...

Eric
                            Ditto for Oregon.
                            I've been to quite a few, but only in the Jeep. Here's one:

Comment

There was even one on the local news last year telling about how this one in particular is the highest one in the Country.
                              Only manned 6 month's of the year. During "Fire Season."

Eric

Comment

Around here none of the towers are manned anymore. All fire spotting is done by satellite imagery and spotters in airplanes. Hence, they're all closed and locked up. There is one to visit though, and it's in Itasca State Park (where the Mississippi River originates out of Lake Itasca), I took Ian, a GSR member from OZ to check it out. We rode about 950 miles in 3 days when he was here, he never in his life saw so much water on land.

Comment

Working...
                                X