This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trevor View Post
    Next tag your bike in front of a tailor shop/alteration shop.
    Hey Trevor, good to have you back. Man that must be a wicked case of ADD, even your absence was a short span. lol Just kidding my youngest boy is ADD/ADHD, so I understand. Yea the pace has picked back up a bit. I don't think everyone has thawed out yet. A tailor huh? Does my brother inlaw count, his last name is Taylor? Good tag, I don't think I've seen this used yet. This might be a tough one around here, everyone around here shops at Walmart or the thrift shop. Going to have to let my fingers do the walking(yellow pages) to find a tailor. I case they don't have the yellow pages, north of the border, that means to use the phone book.
    Last edited by gsrick; 03-26-2012, 08:45 AM. Reason: bad spelling, its monday morning.
    GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

First time in the game, had time to screw around today so I figured I would ride around in 36 degee temps lookin for this:
      Next tag will be up soon.
      p.s. When they say "Thinsulate" concerning gloves....I think by Thinsulate , they mean GARBAGE. Throttle hand is an ice cube. Assuming I am doing this correctly, next tag will be up within 48 hours...but much sooner....

Comment

Originally posted by loud et View Post
        First time in the game, had time to screw around today so I figured I would ride around in 36 degee temps lookin for this:
        Next tag will be up soon.
        p.s. When they say "Thinsulate" concerning gloves....I think by Thinsulate , they mean GARBAGE. Throttle hand is an ice cube. Assuming I am doing this correctly, next tag will be up within 48 hours...but much sooner....
        Here we go again. 48 minuites please. We have a fast paced game going here. That 48 hour rule was by the originaters of the game and they played a clue type of game. They were off road and area exclusive, that had to use the clues to find the exact tag location, not a picture of a similar item like we do. This will have to be up to the other players, but if you can't post a new tag within an hour of posting the last tag, it won't count. The game goes to slow. I have the tailor tag and the next tag, so I do have an interest here. Need a consenses here guys. If no new tag within an hour, then no tag. We have top set a ruling or were going to keep going through this over and over. Thats just my opinion, but we already know Trevors and Erics take on this.
        Last edited by gsrick; 03-26-2012, 04:40 PM.
        GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

New Tag...OIL WELL !

Well some oil wells have those pump arms that go up and down and some are like this. Somebody find and oil well, pump, etc....got your back Rick...48 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
            Here we go again. 48 minuites please. We have a fast paced game going here. That 48 hour rule was by the originaters of the game and they played a clue type of game. They were off road and area exclusive, that had to use the clues to find the exact tag location, not a picture of a similar item like we do. This will have to be up to the other players, but if you can't post a new tag within an hour of posting the last tag, it won't count. The game goes to slow. I have the tailor tag and the next tag, so I do have an interest here. Need a consenses here guys. If no new tag within an hour, then no tag. We have top set a ruling or were going to keep going through this over and over. Thats just my opinion, but we already know Trevors and Erics take on this.
            Rick, I agree in theory. There is no reason not to get the new tag while out getting the current tag. I always do.
            But an hour seems tight, especially if you get the current tag up through your phone while riding...you may not find a good second tag in an hour.
            But I think anyone should be able to get the next tag up the same day.

If you go through this thread, most of the players put both pics up at the same time.I t's usually the new players that delay some...maybe they're nervous...
            Why not just give them a chance to get in the groove...just encourage them to try for both pics while out and see where we end up.
            This isn't a race...we've got all summer...

EDIT: Ha...there we go! Oil well...pretty rare in these parts...but it's cold, windy and drizzly here...
            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by loud et View Post
              Well some oil wells have those pump arms that go up and down and some are like this. Somebody find and oil well, pump, etc....got your back Rick...48 minutes.
              Thanks, I appreciate it, but looks like I'm out. Florida is not known for oil rigs even off shore ones like other gulf states. I do appreciate the quickness though. Nice Honda, I'm kinda of a flame guy and your bike has the style I draw and paint. Next tag try to get something that is accesible to all, and don't forget our brothers to the north. Someone will get this, maybe Eric has some in his neck of the woods. The few in florida are hours away and not always near where one can photograph.

Eric you out there? A little help please.

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
              Rick, I agree in theory. There is no reason not to get the new tag while out getting the current tag. I always do.
              But an hour seems tight, especially if you get the current tag up through your phone while riding...you may not find a good second tag in an hour.
              But I think anyone should be able to get the next tag up the same day.

If you go through this thread, most of the players put both pics up at the same time.I t's usually the new players that delay some...maybe they're nervous...
              Why not just give them a chance to get in the groove...just encourage them to try for both pics while out and see where we end up.
              This isn't a race...we've got all summer...

EDIT: Ha...there we go! Oil well...pretty rare in these parts...but it's cold, windy and drizzly here...
              I understand what your saying,but when Kool Aid Kid posted those rules, they didn't take into account the nature of their game compaired to the way we play. If I would have just went for just the orig. tag and had not gotten the second I probibly have gotten it., before Loud did. Thats not the issue. I'm just trying to keep a flow going in the game. Having trouble getting the next tag shouldn't need to take very long. Mine were within 4 miles of each other. I have tags already planed ahead, so when I'm out trying to get a tag, I already have a good idea for the next and most of the time make it as a short side trip on the way to or back. A quick pace makes it more interesting and competitive. I can't get this one since its just not a reality around here in centra FL., but if I could I have about 7 or 8 next tags in mind all arount my area. Just an idea for others to thimk of. We almost lost Trevor and he helped to keep the game going during the winter.
              Last edited by gsrick; 03-26-2012, 06:05 PM.
              GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

*shrugs* I've been getting the tag, upload the picture, while it is uploading I'm on my way to my new tag, which I have picked out already on the ride there or have an idea of what I want. Then I take the picture, upload it and post both.
                I know what I want to do for my next couple tags. I think a new tag within the hour is acceptable. Otherwise it will go slowly, especially right now with not as many people riding yet.

Edit: Rick has the same idea.
                And I'm out on this tag too. We did have some oil piping and stuff that was abandoned, but they tore it down recently.

Comment

I always try to get a new tag while getting the one to look for.
                  I will be sitting this tag out for personal reasons.
                  Someone else can get it.

eric

Comment

I think the closest oil wells to me are a days ride to the west in North Dakota. I'd enjoy doing that ride, but I don't have the time right now.

Comment

This is great that we have some "new blood" in the game it makes the tags even more interesting. It's going pretty good now (pace of game) I don't think it should be a big deal to ask everyone to post the tag and the new tag at the same time. When you are going out to get a tag just have a new tag in mind to get while you are getting the original tag. Pretty easy really. I say this because I think it would be unfair to a guy that goes out and gets both tags (old and new) only to come home and see someone got the tag but has not yet posted a new tag.
                      Again I'm glad to see more guys playing.
                      Trevor
                      ps I don't mind tags like the oil well that are impossible to get for some guys because we have more guys playing now and I like to see pics of stuff I might not see in my part of the country and it allows me to show some things unique to my part of the country too. Nothing wrong with that.
                      Last edited by trevor; 03-26-2012, 07:47 PM.
                      No signature

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                        This is great that we have some "new blood" in the game it makes the tags even more interesting. It's going pretty good now (pace of game) I don't think it should be a big deal to ask everyone to post the tag and the new tag at the same time. When you are going out to get a tag just have a new tag in mind to get while you are getting the original tag. Pretty easy really. I say this because I think it would be unfair to a guy that goes out and gets both tags (old and new) only to come home and see someone got the tag but has not yet posted a new tag.
                        Again I'm glad to see more guys playing.
                        Trevor
                        ps I don't mind tags like the oil well that are impossible to get for some guys because we have more guys playing now and I like to see pics of stuff I might not see in my part of the country and it allows me to show some things unique to my part of the country too. Nothing wrong with that.
                        I'm cool with the tag, I agree with your reasoning, but if know one get it in the 48hrs., it needs to be changed to a new tag.
                        GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

The "new blood" has always been here but due to winter and us having our bikes tore down (like me) can't always get out. I hope to have mine up soon, maybe this weekend before I leave, and if so I'll try to get one from here.

Sadly though, even if the bike was running, there aren't any oil wells close by to get one.
                          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                            The "new blood" has always been here but due to winter and us having our bikes tore down (like me) can't always get out. I hope to have mine up soon, maybe this weekend before I leave, and if so I'll try to get one from here.

Sadly though, even if the bike was running, there aren't any oil wells close by to get one.
                            Hey Cowboy, sorry for the new blood comment it does sound a bit condescending, although I certainly did not mean it that way. Afterall I'm the one that is new here, so again sorry about that.
                            No signature

Comment

I am still trying for the life of me to figure out just what our southern members in Texas and California do with their bikes.
                              Why don't some of them partake in this game?
                              Nessism, Russr33, Jwhelen, etc, etc.
                              Just don't want to participate or do the bikes not get ridden?
                              We would LOVE to see those fine examples out on the roads. (Hint)

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                                I am still trying for the life of me to figure out just what our southern members in Texas and California do with their bikes.
                                Why don't some of them partake in this game?
                                Nessism, Russr33, Jwhelen, etc, etc.
                                Just don't want to participate or do the bikes not get ridden?
                                We would LOVE to see those fine examples out on the roads. (Hint)

Eric
                                I do think they would be able to get this tag easy enough. Shame, there are oil rigs every where in those parts of the country. Why its a vertual tag made to order. Dirt and cacti might be easier, but not by much.
                                GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Working...
                                X