Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess there are some oil wells closer to me, up in the Duluth/Superior region, but it's still an 8 hour round trip. Not a chance this week!

Comment

If someone can get this tag please say so and we will wait but otherwise it might be time to move on? Come on you Texas boys! Or where are my fellow Canadians from Alberta?
      No signature

Comment

oil well ey? not too many round these parts. i could probably find some oil pipeline? but at the same time im pretty busted up and im def not getting on my bike today :P

Comment

Time to get creative ? He said oil well, pump etc. An oil pump at a service station ? A model on the seat ? A picture of your bike in front of your car, with the hood open ? Pretty sure there's one in there somewhere. How about a pile of oil cans ? He did say etc.
          Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
          Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
          1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
            Time to get creative ? He said oil well, pump etc. An oil pump at a service station ? A model on the seat ? A picture of your bike in front of your car, with the hood open ? Pretty sure there's one in there somewhere. How about a pile of oil cans ? He did say etc.
            Now that's they way to play...do it...
            Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
            '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I've got oily skin, but I can't ride to my face.
              GSRick
              No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
              Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by kb_air View Post
                oil well ey? not too many round these parts. i could probably find some oil pipeline? but at the same time im pretty busted up and im def not getting on my bike today :P
                Why you busted up. I hope you didn't spend all that paypal money on stitches or something.
                GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Well, a bit of an obscure tag I see. To be techinically accurate this is an Oil and Gas Well. Maybe to help this tag along I could suggest the tag be: Any oil or gas/natural gas/ petroleum type source that is routed or stored in any tank, pump station, pipes, storage depot etc... that is in a natural or semi remote setting....ie in an oil field, down a service road that leads to said tag....or in a corn field on a country road..... Anything except right next to a gas staion or factory or built up commercial area.
                  Something like that?....anyone agree with the slight modification or the tag? There is something like that out there.

Comment

Originally posted by loud et View Post
                    Well, a bit of an obscure tag I see. To be techinically accurate this is an Oil and Gas Well. Maybe to help this tag along I could suggest the tag be: Any oil or gas/natural gas/ petroleum type source that is routed or stored in any tank, pump station, pipes, storage depot etc... that is in a natural or semi remote setting....ie in an oil field, down a service road that leads to said tag....or in a corn field on a country road..... Anything except right next to a gas staion or factory or built up commercial area.
                    Something like that?....anyone agree with the slight modification or the tag? There is something like that out there.
                    Sounds good to me. Calling for rain here so I might have a tough time getting out. Good luck guys.
                    No signature

Comment

Would a Tank Farm suffice?

If it does, it still doesn't count as I will wait until a Suzuki gets the next tag. Preferably a GS model but any Suzuki would work for me.

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                        Would a Tank Farm suffice?

If it does, it still doesn't count as I will wait until a Suzuki gets the next tag. Preferably a GS model but any Suzuki would work for me.

Eric
                        I think the tag is satisfied. Unless anyone objects, I say you have succeeded. Ps, if you can take that head gasket off your 1100et and bring it over I could get mine going. Stator too thanks

Comment

Fine I'll get a photo of a natural gas source.
                          GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

[QUOTE=loud et;1612641 Ps, if you can take that head gasket off your 1100et and bring it over I could get mine going. Stator too thanks[/QUOTE]

i happen to have a spare of both as I try really hard to think ahead for what I might need in the future.
                            It sure is much nicer to have the parts on the shelf than to have to wait an eternity for them.

Go and get it GSRick!

Eric

Comment

Here it is the source of natural gas around these parts.

If nobody believes me than I guess have to lite up in a half hour. Is the tag met?
                              GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

If the tag was accepted then the next tag is a Victorian house.

GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Working...
                                X