This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gsrick View Post

Ha! Small world. I used to work at that Fla Pwr & Light powerplant in the background (the red & white smokestack)!

Kirk

Comment

I tried to get it this morning. However my bike took longer to warm up than I thought.

29 degrees makes its easy to spot exhaust leaks!! Turns out my right pipe has a big leak.

Comment

Originally posted by kirkn View Post
        Ha! Small world. I used to work at that Fla Pwr & Light powerplant in the background (the red & white smokestack)!

Kirk
        Hey Kirk, nice to meet another local rider. We'll have to hook up soon. Back in the fall I used that power plant for a tag. Join in the game we can always use more playas
        GSRick
        No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
        Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

The only steel bridges that I can think of around here are train bridges.
          Still in use, do those count?
          The snow/hail has melted and none is on the roads.

Eric

Comment

Same here, just a train bridge, iirc.

I'm going to at least replace my front sprocket and chain today, so I won't be playing. I dunno if I wanna mess with taking off the rear wheel for that sprocket right now. I might wait until I can take the rotor off as well and get it machined.
            Last time I took off the front sprocket cover it was a real pain to get the shifter off(On was easier since I could lube it up and caress with force back into position.
            Problem is I only have an hour(if the mechanic fixing his **** ups is correct) to do it.

Comment

Even a train bridge is about 30 miles away, and that's what I was going to use anyway. With the weekend honey-do list and Easter services to play in the worship band at church, I don't think I'll be able to go tag hunting until Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheMan View Post
                Even a train bridge is about 30 miles away, and that's what I was going to use anyway. With the weekend honey-do list and Easter services to play in the worship band at church, I don't think I'll be able to go tag hunting until Monday.
                Same here. Perhaps a train bridge tomorrow if it counts.

Eric

Comment

Go for it. I don't think Rick would object. After all he did say " steel bridge "
                  Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                  Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                  1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                    Go for it. I don't think Rick would object. After all he did say " steel bridge "
                    I'm cool wit it man! Car, train, plane, pedestrian, bicycle(there are a few cool ones around here) anything cool will do. Just not a boring ole concrete bridge. Something that took more than a few hours to design, will do. It doesn't need to be old, just something that you would want to take a picture of.
                    GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheMan View Post
                      You rock Dan. We have some pretty good groups that play at our church also. They rotate members, and play mostly contemporary christian like you hear on your local Z. It's a small church and we don't have the traditional choir, but even the elders are usually clapping or bopping to the beat.
                      GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

I lied.

Sharp corner under the bridge too. Very odd and kinda scary to take since it is a bumpy road.

New tag:

Metal factory.
                        This used to be an aluminum factory. After about 3 years of strikes, they shut down. They recently took down all of the electrical on the outside there to sell to pay fees.

Comment

Originally posted by Monty View Post
                          This used to be an aluminum factory. After about 3 years of strikes, they shut down. They recently took down all of the electrical on the outside there to sell to pay fees.
                          So the employees struck themselves out of work. Great!
                          I bet they are real happy with themselves now.

I don't think that we have any factories that produce any metal type products around here.
                          Cardboard and rubber, yes.
                          I'll see if I can find something.

Eric

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                            So the employees struck themselves out of work. Great!
                            I bet they are real happy with themselves now.

I don't think that we have any factories that produce any metal type products around here.
                            Cardboard and rubber, yes.
                            I'll see if I can find something.

Eric
                            Yeah, the company was already in the hole before. And apparently they had an illegal lockout of employees. I was like 14 at the time so I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to it.

Comment

If this thread gets political, I'm out of here !!
                              Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                              Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                              1983 GS 750

Comment

I have a place in mind, but factors might come into play that might not allow me to get it till tomorrow afternoon. It's going to be a beautiful Easter weekend in central Fl. 75 degrees for the high, God is good. Now that I think of it, I'm going to sit this one out till Monday. Happy Easter guys.
                                GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Working...
                                X