This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We might be able to get that one.
    The wife unit and I are going flooring shopping today and can swing by a place that should fit the tag.

Eric

Comment

Gas station not owned by big oil:

And in keeping with Rick's theme...a auto service shop in a converted gas station...
      These are the guys that custom alignments on my Miata..
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
        Gas station not owned by big oil:

And in keeping with Rick's theme...a auto service shop in a converted gas station...
        These are the guys that custom alignments on my Miata..
        Who is the gas supplier for the 7-11. I can't tell on my 1.5" phone screen. All the ones down here are Citgo(big oil). I do like the next tag idea though.
        GSRick
        No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
        Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
          Who is the gas supplier for the 7-11. I can't tell on my 1.5" phone screen. All the ones down here are Citgo(big oil). I do like the next tag idea though.
          7 11 dropped Citgo back in 2006, after a 20 year partnership....
          Now they get their gas from various companies depending on location...
          On September 27, 2006, 7-Eleven announced its 20-year contract with Citgo was coming to an end and would not be renewed. 7-Eleven Spokeswoman Margaret Chabris said "Regardless of politics, we sympathize with many Americans' concern over derogatory comments about our country and its leadership recently made by Venezuela's president Hugo Chávez. Certainly Chávez's position and statements over the past year or so didn't tempt us to stay with Citgo."
          It was the closest thing I could find around here that wasn't big oil owned...
          There were a couple of independents I found on line, but when I got there, they were gone or were now owned by one of the big ones...

Hope it works for ya...

Comment

If Baatfam's is too big chain, I have a tag. I had to drive a ways to find one (and take the long way through the country)

If that works I have a new tag too. Cmon throw the new guy a bone

Comment

We bought the flooring and will have to take a cage to pick it up but,
              meanwhile on the way back, we found a few that we could stop at on the way home.

Indian owned (As in from India)...

Two in one pic The one in back is Pakistani owned)...

Out of business due to the Corporate one that is over her shoulder and across the street (look next to the red light)...

And last, the easy one that is 3 miles from our house. Nice Pakistani family runs it and gives free coffee with any purchase (We often have to look for them to pay! )...

My riding partner thought that this one was a bit suggestive (Note the pose) and that it could be the next tag...

Eric

Comment

Bats got it, save the tag for later.
                GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Toasties counts as it has a GS SUZUKI in the pic.

Bat said that he rides the beautiful 1100E unless he has a passenger, didn't he?

Eric

Comment

Come on...my tag is easy...someone should have it already...
                    Last edited by Baatfam; 04-29-2012, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                      Toasties counts as it has a GS SUZUKI in the pic.

Bat said that he rides the beautiful 1100E unless he has a passenger, didn't he?

Eric
                      Y'all fight it out amongst your selves, I need to get to work on the 850G, so I can turn a $200 turd into this.

67 Dodge Dart GT 360ci. runs and nairly a rust particle. Play nicely boys I'll shall return when she's mine.
                      PS Eric, I might need a signal generator that will work on a 80 850G PM me.
                      Last edited by gsrick; 04-29-2012, 06:56 PM.
                      GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Instead of posting my CB750F in the riding game on the Honda forum, instead of posting a picture of my Son's Speed Triple on the Triumph forum riding game and
                        instead of posting a picture of my GPZ750 on the riding game at the Kawasaki forum, I'll just post pictures of my SUZUKI'S on those forums.
                        Think that they won't object???

Only a rude person would do such a thing. I AM NOT THAT RUDE MYSELF.

Game over!

Until a SUZUKI is in the tag.

Eric

Last edited by Guest; 04-29-2012, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Hey Eric. I see what you mean by no trees. Those hills in the background look pretty bare. I like the idea of multiple photos, as we get a little look around the area.
                          Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                          Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                          1983 GS 750

Comment

Im a little late to this game, but just to clarify are we looking for a converted gas station to mech shop?

Comment

bccap, the Sierra-Nevada Mountain range is about 30 miles west of me but again, no big trees.
                              High elevation foliage tends to grow strong pines.
                              Speaking of which, I could still ride any of my SUZUKI'S up into the hills and post several pictures of several feet of snow.
                              But that wouldn't be a fair tag would it?

As far as posting a picture of your SUZUKI in the tag, I will have to wait until this is once again a vintage SUZUKI site.

Eric
                              Last edited by Guest; 04-29-2012, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                                bccap, the Sierra-Nevada Mountain range is about 30 miles west of me but again, no big trees.
                                High elevation foliage tends to grow strong pines.
                                Speaking of which, I could still ride any of my SUZUKI'S up into the hills and post several pictures of several feet of snow.
                                But that wouldn't be a fair tag would it?

Eric
                                Are you forgetting where I live?
                                Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                                Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                                1983 GS 750

Comment

Working...
                                X