Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have Shoe Carnivals. Although the people that work there are clowns, the only ride you get is with your credit card.

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
      Surely someone has a carnival in town some place? I guess I'll have to go riding around town this weekend then to find one.
      OK...as tag poster, I'll allow any "carnival type" ride...a Ferris wheel, a merry-go-round, etc.
      No need for a whole carnival....

(I thought this one would be easy)
      Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
      '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

It has been Baatfam as I know where one was in town. Sadly I had no time to go that far into town to get it.
        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Baatfam View Post
          OK...as tag poster, I'll allow any "carnival type" ride...a Ferris wheel, a merry-go-round, etc.
          No need for a whole carnival....

(I thought this one would be easy)
          Our county fair doesn't arrive until July, and they've gone to the inflatables. However, I do know of a carnival ride area (open all summer) and I'll get that tag this morning and a new tag (if someone else doesn't beat me to it).

Comment

Wow no one got that yet? I thought it would be easy too. Maybe it's more of a late summer thing. I haven't been doing much extra curricular riding this year, mostly to and from work. Gotta hop back in this game!
            "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Drive by carnivel rides several night a week, guy has a collection of old rides he uses to entertain his kids friends. Just have not been there on the bike.

Comment

Carnival rides as promised.......

Here's the ferris wheel at Paul Bunyanland Amusement Park at This Old Farm on the way to Garrison, MN.

And, here's the next tag; One or more unrestored vintage, classic, collectible or even antique automobiles or trucks, tractors will even qualify.
                On EDIT: I forgot to qualify this statement: Must be 1964 or earlier vintage.

Last edited by Guest; 06-17-2011, 03:30 PM. Reason: qualifying statement

Comment

aww so my early 70's mower doesn't count?

Comment

I didn't ask if it was original or restored, but looked cool and definitely pre '64 while on my commute today. If this qualifies then I'll come up with a next tag by tomorrow.

Comment

Certainly it qualifies. Give us the next tag, please.

Comment

What's the score?

Next up...a scoreboard. Extra credit if there is a score on it!

Comment

I'll see you a scoreboard

and raise you a school bus.

Does not have to be yellow since our European friends lease buses from the major companies.
                          Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                          1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                          2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                          Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                          and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Current Tag (it's even the Short Bus):

New Tag:

A pavilion a a public park or other public place.

Comment

Garrrr. Well, you're NOT not seeing our schoolbusses, dagnabbit.

"Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Hehe. That was an accidental tag. I know a street where I see lots of buses going down, so I tried to find the garage. Unable to do so, I was just on a Sunday ride and there they were.
                                AFA the pavalion, I was trying to get a shot of the playground (in the background) but it was not bike accessible. So if the pavilion is too tough the playground can be the backup.

Comment

Working...
                                X