This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MAJikMARCer View Post
    I'm sure the 100+ temps aren't helping much. ATGATT is a b___h on days like this. I see too many r-tards out with shorts and tanks with sandals on their bikes. I'm not going to be one of them.

That said I think I may have to do some sweating this weekend because I'm jonesing for a ride.
    I hate to admit it but I'm one of those tards. Tees and shorts, but icksnay on the flops. I'd pass out of heatstroke in gear down here. 100% humidity, first you poach your melon, fall over then you fry like an egg in a pan on the tarmac. I do wear my helmet though. I'm not completely retarded just a little bit.
    GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
      I hate to admit it but I'm one of those tards. Tees and shorts, but icksnay on the flops. I'd pass out of heatstroke in gear down here. 100% humidity, first you poach your melon, fall over then you fry like an egg in a pan on the tarmac. I do wear my helmet though. I'm not completely retarded just a little bit.
      Not trying to call anyone here out. I'm too new to the scene to be getting too lippy (I still need to get some Kevlar jeans) but I have no doubt that needing skin grafts is worse than sweating.

I'm probably just cranky because I'd rather be riding than working right now.

Comment

No gear here. I dont ride very aggressive though. Not saying I can't or won't go down. All of that gear just takes too much of the "ride" away. If it's my time, it's my time. Death can't be cheated.
        '83 GS 1100T
        The Jet

sigpic
        '95 GSXR 750w
        The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Don't tell me a house with a red roof is that difficult. 48 hours is comming up fast. 8 hours and counting. Eric, Trevor, Spyder, Tank, Lurch, anybody.........Tom?
          Does a photo in front of my own house count? I don't have to ride very far for that...

EDIT- wait a minute, the landlord replaced the red clay tiles LAST year...doh!
          '83 GS650G
          '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
            No gear here. I don't ride very aggressive though. Not saying I can't or won't go down. All of that gear just takes too much of the "ride" away. If it's my time, it's my time. Death can't be cheated.

It can't be cheated, but it can be prevented prematurely, that being said, I don't wear ATGATT but should, I'm not naive enough to believe it doesn't help. It's funny how we all sometimes try to justify dangerous activity, even as we get older and know better, I guess riding a bike shouldn't have to be one of those activities that is considered dangerous, but thanks to other motorist...

Not an attack on you spyder, just making a point even I'm guilty of

That being said, I won't be back in the game for approx another 4-5 days or so, just brought momma home from her final surgery, she had to have a pain stimulator installed for her several issues relating to her spine.

Comment

No gear here. I dont ride very aggressive though. Not saying I can't or won't go down. All of that gear just takes too much of the "ride" away. If it's my time, it's my time. Death can't be cheated.
              [soapbox]As an ex ABATE member who fought helmet laws for years, let me just say, you're just fooling yourself...

I use to think the same way, (except for the "it's my time" thing, that's just silly)...
              I rode no helmet, no gear for 20 years...then I went drag racing and was required to wear gear...
              After a couple of season wearing full leathers, boots, gloves and helmet...(even if it was 100º)...It became comfortable and I became uncomfortable riding without it...

I always wear full gear now, including armored over-pants, so does my wife and anyone that gets on my bike....everyone I ride with does too...

It's not about riding aggressively...it's just about riding...[/soapbox]

That said, do what you want...it's your body...
              BTW...a good mesh jacket letting the air flow, yet protecting you from the sun, is actually cooler than wearing only a t-shirt...seriously.

OK...carry on
              Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
              '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I do ride with a good riding leather, but only when it's cool enough. I actually prefer to ride with it, just not when it's this hot.
                '83 GS 1100T
                The Jet

sigpic
                '95 GSXR 750w
                The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Help, someone get a red roofed residence before we derail this thread any further!

Comment

I do ride with a good riding leather, but only when it's cool enough. I actually prefer to ride with it, just not when it's this hot.
                    Get a mesh jacket...motorcyclegear.com has cheap ones all the time..

Originally posted by MAJikMARCer View Post
                    Help, someone get a red roofed residence before we derail this thread any further!
                    Agreed...sorry...but Spyder is one of our IL brethren...have to take care of him
                    Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                    '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

OK, OK, I'll help you all out. here's a photo of a house down the street.

New tag will be the city sign entering your town or city.

'84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Damn! I just sat down to upload a red roof. Funny, they aren't very common these days.
                        '83 GS 1100T
                        The Jet

sigpic
                        '95 GSXR 750w
                        The Rocket

Comment

Wow Sandy.
                          I don't remember what your bike looked like as it was always just a blur zipping along!

Eric

Comment

Damn! I just sat down to upload a red roof. Funny, they aren't very common these days.

we're like children post a picture anyway, it's about the ride, win or lose, doesn't matter.

Comment

All our towns run into one another around here so much they can't make enough signs. How about a neighborimg town that has only a couple of roads in and out. Somebody should have this one before I get off work tomorrow anyway.
                              GSRick
                              No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
                              Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

How about a neighborimg town that has only a couple of roads in and out. Somebody should have this one before I get off work tomorrow anyway.
                                I got this one nailed

Comment

Working...
                                X