Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh crum. I didn't think a painted dumpster would be the hardest tag to get, but it's turned out to be particularly devious.

Don't forget about the ALTERNATE TAG (car-sharing, alternative ownership vehicles)

Is there one near you?

I might have to extend the tag further...any suggestions on what to include? How about nature-theme painted garbage trucks? They are mobile dumpsters!

'83 GS650G
    '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

We/I have never even heard about ride sharing cars. Yeah, we have tons of those around here.
      Just like painted dumpsters and trash trucks. They are everywhere!

How about a picture of your bike next to the latest device that landed on Mars this month?
      That one, we can probably do.

Eric

Comment

We have car sharing businesses. They're called, Enterprise, Hertz, National, Budget, etc... Canada... What a trip...
        '83 GS 1100T
        The Jet

sigpic
        '95 GSXR 750w
        The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

I keep forgetting that with all of the available space to live in Canada, we are now a more urbanized population by percentage than you lot south of the 49th.

I also forget that Vancouver is somewhat leftist politically, and green (no, not THAT kind of green) philosophically. I knew the car-share alternate tag was far out, but they do exist in some of the major centres (Seattle/Portland/even the L.A. area) and out east there are some in Boston/Chicago/Detroit.

At this point I am open to suggestions and creativity in meeting the tag. If nobody has it by 12:00pm Eastern tomorrow, then I acknowledge we will have come to a dead end, and I appoint 7981GS to post a new tag as I'll be out of town until Sunday night.

I know that BCCap can meet the car-share tag, though...even if he is on the Island (hint, there are cars in Victoria AND Nanaimo)
          '83 GS650G

Comment

There was a car share thing on my daughter's campus parked right next to my bike. That was a little while ago, unfortunately.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
              There was a car share thing on my daughter's campus parked right next to my bike. That was a little while ago, unfortunately.
              Sure there was...
              Like the teachers used to say back in grade school: "Did you bring enough to share with the whole class?"

Eric
              Last edited by Guest; 08-23-2012, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
                Sure there was...

Eric
                Yep, a blue little econobox with a bunch of ride share logos on it.

Comment

Yep, a blue little econobox with a bunch of ride share logos on it.
                  Ah....you're back... Re armed and happy I hope ? I trust the withdrawal was not too traumatic ?
                  Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                  Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                  1983 GS 750

Comment

Welcome back T...

Now go paint a garbage can and get a picture of it with your bike! We've been stuck for 2 days! Lol
                    '83 GS 1100T
                    The Jet

sigpic
                    '95 GSXR 750w
                    The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
                      Welcome back T...

Now go paint a garbage can and get a picture of it with your bike! We've been stuck for 2 days! Lol
                      In The States, you get arrested for doing that.

Eric

Comment

Not if it's your garbage can...
                        '83 GS 1100T
                        The Jet

sigpic
                        '95 GSXR 750w
                        The Rocket

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
                          Not if it's your garbage can...
                          I wouldn't do it in California.

Eric

Comment

I think that depends on what you paint on it.
                            And, in California, it depends on whether or not you used water soluble environmentally friendly recycled green paint sprayed with a low volume spray gun in an enclosed filtered spray booth and paid the proper taxes and fees and cleaned up the overspray and disposed of the left over paint properly, again paying the state, and you must have insurance...

Comment

I think that depends on what you paint on it.
                              And, in California, it depends on whether or not you used water soluble environmentally friendly recycled green paint sprayed with a low volume spray gun in an enclosed filtered spray booth and paid the proper taxes and fees and cleaned up the overspray and disposed of the left over paint properly, again paying the state, and you must have insurance...
                              You make California sound oh so much fun these days...
                              '83 GS650G

Comment

They are serious about this stuff.

Or they will tax you for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X