Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll probably start getting in on the game soon. May hit up one of the plant nurseries in the county this week if the weather ever cuts me a break.

Comment

Yea,

The weather around here has been cold and rainy all day. My bike will be down for maintenance until at least Thursday. valve shims, gaskets, intake boot o rings, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by RedBaron View Post
        I'll probably start getting in on the game soon. May hit up one of the plant nurseries in the county this week if the weather ever cuts me a break.
        Originally posted by odin1 View Post
        I'm in, but it's raining today.
        Oh boy... Rain gear boys, If its above freezing it's good enough to ride!!! Although I will be banging the GSX home in Fuel map B mode tonight...

Originally posted by gunnerkc View Post
        Yea,

The weather around here has been cold and rainy all day. My bike will be down for maintenance until at least Thursday. valve shims, gaskets, intake boot o rings, etc...
        Your excuse for not riding is acceptable
        Jedz Moto
        1980 Suzuki GS1000G
        1988 Honda GL1500-6
        2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
        2020 Honda Monkey Z125
        2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
        Originally posted by Hayabuser
        Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Woke up to a nice sunny morning so I decided to go out and get the tag, even though it's that time of the year again and I've been spending more time than I'd like at nurseries anyway, (my wife is a gardening junkie). So, in honour of the green-ness of spring I took the Kawi for the photo.

Trying to keep tags accessible for everyone I thought the next one could be your bike with an antiquated piece of machinery that has been put out on display. Be it farm or mining or whatever, just as long as it is an old piece that is for display purposes only.

IBA# 12860
          Iron Butt SS1000 & BB1500
          1984 KZ1100R
          2008 Kawasaki KLR650
          2011 Concours 1400

Comment

If I take a selfie does that count ?
            Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
            Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
            1983 GS 750

Comment

Awe crap ! I thought I had the tag. The Gastown steam clock, but when I got home and googled it I found it wasn't a restoration but had been built in 1977. I guess I could go back out and take a picture parked by any Harley Davidson.........

Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
              1983 GS 750

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
                Awe crap ! I thought I had the tag. The Gastown steam clock, but when I got home and googled it I found it wasn't a restoration but had been built in 1977. I guess I could go back out and take a picture parked by any Harley Davidson.........

hahahaha

Comment

Ok, here my once a year contribution. An old relic.

And the new post will be a fish hatchery of some sort.

'84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

How's it running Sandy?

V
                    Gustov
                    80 GS 1100 LT, 83 1100 G "Scruffy"
                    81 GS 1000 G
                    79 GS 850 G
                    81 GS 850 L
                    83 GS 550 ES, 85 GS 550 ES
                    80 GS 550 L
                    86 450 Rebel, 70CL 70, Yamaha TTR125
                    2002 Honda 919
                    2004 Ural Gear up

Comment

Originally posted by gustovh View Post
                      How's it running Sandy?

V
                      I put about 200km on this afternoon. First decent ride other than a couple of shorter test rides and just about all is well. That little 750 runs kind of like a Swiss watch compared to the 1000. Handles great, makes better power than I thought it would and is actually real happy cruising at 70 - 80mph. Only issue I found is if I pound on it hard and do a sloppy shift at near redline the clutch doesn't hook up quite like should, it takes a sec or 2 to hook up. So I can either be nice to it or fix it. I don't like being nice so I guess I'll have to order some parts.
                      '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Those look like the same two relics....

Originally posted by eddie21 View Post
                        Originally posted by Sandy View Post

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Nah..... I've met both of them and they don't look at all alike....
                          Last edited by bccap; 04-25-2015, 12:30 PM.
                          1983 GS 750

Comment

Fish hatchery and a closeup of the breeders....

Comment

Next tag is a gravesite off the beaten path...not your ordinary cemetery where everyone else is dying to get in. And Sandy you can contribute more than once a year too. Good excuse to go exploring different roads with the bike.

Last edited by Guest; 04-26-2015, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lurch12_2000 View Post
                                And Sandy you can contribute more than once a year too. Good excuse to go exploring different roads with the bike.
                                Yup, great day to get out exploring on the bike. Except today it's a mountain bike and I don't think they count.

Comment

Working...
                                X