This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
    I was thinking...... some understandably prefer not to to ride at night. Any Christmas display, lit or not will pass...
    But they look better all lit up. I had the tag of the natural gas pump yesterday but since it was only 40 degrees when I pulled out my iPhone to shoot the pic, it flaked out and died. Common problem when it gets too cold that the iPhone can't hack it. I should have kept it in my inside vest pocket to keep warm but it was in the outer riding jacket pocket.

Comment

Lurch... Is that your V-strom listed on CL NH????
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Hay Dorkburger (do i need to call ya that ?....how about just "Burg" ?)......anyway...in the 70s i used to drag race in Englishtown.....Raceway Park, thats real close to you, right ?.....izzat still there ?....used to date a girl in Lakewood too....

Comment

They call it Old Bridge Twp Raceway Park now, but yes, it's still open.
          ...."Burg", DB, Glen, Its all good.
          sigpic
          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
          -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
          -Rusty old scooter.
          Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
          https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Cool man.....I used to race all the hot rods I built down there then....late 70s......we'd hit a certain parking lot up by us, around 4:30....about 20 cars would all caravan down there, and sit at the gate till they opened.....good times....I had a 65 Chevy van fir awhile, and all the girls came with me (I was pretty much the other guys wrench then)....imagine sleepin in an old fixed up van with like 8 girls, lol......

Then I built my own car.....in 1975 I ran a 9.77 with a streetcar Nova.....I had one of the fastest street cars in Rockland Co NY back then....top 10.....I loved them days then.....bet a lot has changed at raceway park though....we uses to be able to test run our cars.....basically fer nuthin....id love to bring a buncha my boys down there one day and race against each other.....lotta fun....I kept the time slip fer my Nova too....

That was all pre-nitrous and all that....just high comp pistons, headers....Weiand or Edelbrock manifold, then just std carbs, usually Holleys....I had dual 800s on mine with just mesh and a scoop for intake....12.5:1 pistons, big cam.....it was a modded actual IROC motor a friend stole off ther docks....not the IROC dealer sheit....the actual Race Of Champions motor...was 429 hp when i got it....when I was done, was ap to about 530hp.....that was hot stuff back then.....

Id love to run my Kawi down that strip, and my Suzi once its done....just to see.....them time slips are all gettin cremated with me though, lol...lest my daughter wants em....

Thanks fer lettin me know the place still exists brother....was a big part of my life.....Seaside....Point Pleasant, Manasquan, and of course....Asbury Park......thanks for the memories brother.....
            Last edited by Guest; 12-20-2015, 12:26 AM. Reason: adding link

Comment

I'll grab this one, I wan't to use the '79 for one more game tag before it goes north for hibernation.
              GSRick
              No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
              Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
                I'll grab this one, I wan't to use the '79 for one more game tag before it goes north for hibernation.
                Awesome Rick, make it a good one!
                My Motorcycles:
                22 Kawasaki Z900 RS (Candy Tone Blue)
                22 BMW K1600GT (Probably been to a town near you)
                82 1100e Drag Bike (needs race engine)
                81 1100e Street Bike (with race engine)
                79 1000e (all original)
                82 850g (all original)
                80 KZ 650F (needs restored)

Comment

Ok....there are lots of christmas lights here...I'm hoping you are ok with a xmas display... I had to get out on an old bike today as it's been a while..rode the beemer yesterday and today I got caught in the cold cold rain...oh well...

And if that's ok...next up is a Craft Brewery....this one's not far from my house...

No signature

Comment

Crap you beat me while I was loading the photos to Photobucket. Oh well I'll post some anyway. My flip phone doesn't like twilight so they look blurry. Lake Mary Central park.

GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

The next tag was going to be Christmas tree tents.

GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

All cool with me.....
                        sigpic
                        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                        -Rusty old scooter.
                        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

So let's give two options then?? Rick's Xmas tree tents or my Craft Brewery for the next tag...
                          No signature

Comment

Works for me, I'm off tomorrow and may be able to get the craft brewery. I haven't used the Cavalcade in the game yet and I already have an idea for a next tag.
                            GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

A week later and one Craft brewery on Big Daddy. Not sure if that name will stick, I thought of Big Sue, but the wife doesn't like either of them. Maybe I need a thread.

Two options for the next tag since it is getting harder for players to get out.
                              First option, an all stone yard. I think I may have used this one years ago.

Next is one I know I've used before, but with a different bike.
                              Fish camp/ restaurant / boat ramp. Can either or all. It's just a restaurant now with rentable boat slips and airboat rides. It hasn't been a fish camp for a long time though, but it's still located at the end of Black Hammock Fish Camp Road. Technicalities such as this we ignore anyway, but I figure it will open the tag up a bit.

GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

How about the "Caramel Cruiser"?
                                No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X