• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trevor View Post
    How about the "Caramel Cruiser"?
    I'll run it by the wife.
    GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Boat ramp, would a boating access be acceptable???

I don't even know what a fish camp is... But everything else like that is closed down for the season... However I think I know a place like that... Sleeting right now, might just have to go out and get the tag anyway. Connie is still out... for now.
      Jedz Moto
      1980 Suzuki GS1000G
      1988 Honda GL1500-6
      2018 Triumph Bonneville T120-
      2020 Honda Monkey Z125
      2001 Honda Insight - 65MPG
      Originally posted by Hayabuser
      Cool is defined differently by different people... I'm sure the new rider down the block thinks his Ninja 250 is cool and why shouldn't he? Bikes are just cool.

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
        How about the "Caramel Cruiser"?
        Brown Hornet.
        sigpic
        When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
        -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
        -Rusty old scooter.
        Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
        https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
          Brown Hornet.
          "Werther's"?
          No signature

Comment

Sorry Trev, it doesn't do anything for her.

Not quick enough for a hornet, Glen. Beside one Silver Hornet is enough in one stable.

Jedz, go for whatever you think is close. At this time of the year I won't be picky.

Oh BTW, a fish camp, is where the adult fish sent the young fish, when they need a break.
            GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Are these too hard or is everyone stuffed?
              GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

OK - here is a Boat Ramp - its one of our inner harbour ones and the tide was out when I was going past this morning...

boat ramp.jpg

Sorry for taking so long on this one - it was actually pretty easy - in Auckland we have plenty of boat ramps - no fish camps though. Been looking out for one near a resturant but too much going on to go across to where I think one would be.
                Last edited by Bill Alexander; 01-14-2016, 06:25 PM.
                Bill Alexander
                New Zealand
                78 GS1000 - Red
                02 GSX1400 - Blue

Its is all about the journey not the destination

Comment

New Tag

A sign with the word "Dude" in it.
                  Duder.jpg

Took this shot a few months ago as I thought it might be a fun tag. Not common to see dude in a sign in this part of the world - not too uncommon to hear the word used these days - from people who watch too much TV I think.

I do use "Dude" as a nick name for our cat - after the Big Lebowsky - he enjoys the same layed back lifestyle
                  Bill Alexander
                  New Zealand
                  78 GS1000 - Red
                  02 GSX1400 - Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Alexander View Post
                    A sign with the word "Dude" in it.
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]43725[/ATTACH]

Took this shot a few months ago as I thought it might be a fun tag. Not common to see dude in a sign in this part of the world - not too uncommon to hear the word used these days - from people who watch too much TV I think.

I do use "Dude" as a nick name for our cat - after the Big Lebowsky - he enjoys the same layed back lifestyle
                    Excellent Smithers!
                    No signature

Comment

Cool tag Bill, guess I can't get the wife to take a picture of me behind my bike in my Dudest attire?

I looked up your bike, looks cool. I guess that's one of those we didn't get, cause I've never seen or heard of one.
                      The review I read said, "a lot of torque, but falls flat fast."
                      Care to comment on their assessment?
                      GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
                        Cool tag Bill, guess I can't get the wife to take a picture of me behind my bike in my Dudest attire?

I looked up your bike, looks cool. I guess that's one of those we didn't get, cause I've never seen or heard of one.
                        The review I read said, "a lot of torque, but falls flat fast."
                        Care to comment on their assessment?
                        Thanks Rick
                        I am really not sure why the GSX1400 was never sold in North America, I think it would have been popular.

The torque bit is true, once you are at cruise in top gear you hardly need to change gear - twist the throttle and the thing just takes off. I really don't know what "falls flat fast" means though -it is plenty fast for me and the roads I ride on. I guess somebody used to a Gixer, (or other models ending with R) might find them a bit of a handful going quick in the twisties but for someone like me, used to an old GS, it handles just like it should- smoothand predictable. It is a great pillion bike, plenty of power and comfortable seating. I think the slogan on the GSX1400.org website is something like "like a magic carpet with a rocket up it's arse" which is a pretty good summary.

I love it because it really is just an updated version of my old thou. It is 6kg lighter with 400 more cc but has a very similar feel to ride. It just does everything a little bit better, as you can expect from something 24 years newer. I bought it as an insurance write-off, the damage was mostly cosmetic and I got it ridable for a couple of hundred $. It will never be pristine condition because of the scrapped mufflers but one day I will get around to fixing the tank dent and repainting meantime I am just enjoying riding it. When I got it going and rode it for the first time I couldn't believe how familiar it felt. I think this will be the last bike I'll ever need.
                        Bill Alexander
                        New Zealand
                        78 GS1000 - Red
                        02 GSX1400 - Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Alexander View Post
                          Thanks Rick
                          I am really not sure why the GSX1400 was never sold in North America, I think it would have been popular.

The torque bit is true, once you are at cruise in top gear you hardly need to change gear - twist the throttle and the thing just takes off. I really don't know what "falls flat fast" means though -it is plenty fast for me and the roads I ride on. I guess somebody used to a Gixer, (or other models ending with R) might find them a bit of a handful going quick in the twisties but for someone like me, used to an old GS, it handles just like it should- smoothand predictable. It is a great pillion bike, plenty of power and comfortable seating. I think the slogan on the GSX1400.org website is something like "like a magic carpet with a rocket up it's arse" which is a pretty good summary.

I love it because it really is just an updated version of my old thou. It is 6kg lighter with 400 more cc but has a very similar feel to ride. It just does everything a little bit better, as you can expect from something 24 years newer. I bought it as an insurance write-off, the damage was mostly cosmetic and I got it ridable for a couple of hundred $. It will never be pristine condition because of the scrapped mufflers but one day I will get around to fixing the tank dent and repainting meantime I am just enjoying riding it. When I got it going and rode it for the first time I couldn't believe how familiar it felt. I think this will be the last bike I'll ever need.
                          They were just unhappy that it was restricted to around 8,000rpm instead of a wheel pulling 11,000rpm of modern engines.
                          GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

They were just unhappy that it was restricted to around 8,000rpm instead of a wheel pulling 11,000rpm of modern engines.
                            Right. I'm not sure where anyone is going to use that sort of performance. I rarely see it above 6000rpm - there is just no need and if you do use those sorts of revs you haven't got time to be looking at the instruments anyway. I think you reach legal road speeds at about 6000 in 2nd gear and by my calculations 8000rpm in top is going to have you going at over 260km/hr. I just don't see it as a problem but I guess if someone is writing a review they've got to put in some criticisms.

Oh and, pulling wheelies on it does not require more revs, believe me. With the torque it has it is not difficult to get the front wheel loose without trying -in fact you have to be pretty careful in any fast takeoff situation. I am beginning to worry about what sort of life I am going to get from the back tyre too.
                            Last edited by Bill Alexander; 01-17-2016, 02:30 PM.
                            Bill Alexander
                            New Zealand
                            78 GS1000 - Red
                            02 GSX1400 - Blue

Comment

For that pic Bill might cut you some slack...........

Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
                              Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
                              1983 GS 750

Comment

I went out today and couldn't find anything close. I trimmed up my beard also, so I'll give both some time to play out. If no dude come to the game then "the Dude" will abide.
                                GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Working...
                                X