Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, not as big, but it is a big azz pile of it...
    This is as close as I could get to it safely, traffic is rough around here on churchday...

If that is accepted, how about a historic courthouse? This is the Stark County Courthouse located in Knox, Indiana. It was built 1897, and the clock tower measures out at 138 feet...

'83 GS 1100T
    The Jet

sigpic
    '95 GSXR 750w
    The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

I hadn't played for a while due to mechanical issues, but theyre all but sorted out now. I'll post something about that shortly on the other thread I started. There has also been issues with photobucket and I am in the process of switching to another photo sharing site, but for now hopefully this works.

Anyway, heres an old one in Santa Fe, NM. Santiago E. Campos U.S. Courthouse built in 1889.

Next tag, a commuter train. This is the New Mexico Railrunner on its 10th year in service. It has a 100 mile route through the north central part of New Mexico running from Belen to Santa Fe.

Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      2003 FJR 1300A
      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Very nice!
        '83 GS 1100T
        The Jet

sigpic
        '95 GSXR 750w
        The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          Here ya go, Rick, it's inside the red circle:

It's not one you are accustomed to seeing, it's a TruckLite LED headlight, so it looks considerably different.

Here is a view from a more-normal angle:

The picture in my sig shows another angle, but might not help much.

That helps, I thought I was seeing an empty bucket.
          GSRick
          No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
          Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder View Post
            Very nice!
            It's nice to see "The Jet" back in the game.
            GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Lol, been a couple seasons since I had the time and thought of checking the tag in the same day.
              '83 GS 1100T
              The Jet

sigpic
              '95 GSXR 750w
              The Rocket

Comment

Here is the commuter train. This Metro-North train runs from Poughkeepsie down the Hudson river to Grand Central Station.

Now for the new tag. It may be another tough one.....a wedding!

Just came upon the wedding when I went out for the train tag.
                1982 GS 550 L

Comment

Perfect!!!

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Great tag.........
                    GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Been thinking about renewing our vows after 10 years. Would that be cheating, LOL?
                      Roger

Current rides
                      1983 GS 850G
                      2003 FJR 1300A
                      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

I went to a couple of wedding venues and this is apparently the time to get hitched. I witnessed three weddings in progress. The first was a really young couple. I stopped the bike on the other side of the fence but didn't dismount. As I looked around I was surrounded by the wedding attendees and, well, it was super awkward so down the road I went, QUICKLY! So, on to the next popular spot, old town plaza. There's a great gazebo in the middle of the plaza. Here's a pic of the bride and groom, among many others others, in the gazebo. Took a quick pic as not to distract from their event.

Now the next tag. A cell tower. This one is cleverly disguised to fit in with the neighborhood pine trees. It doesn't really though, does it? Notice how all the other trees keep their distance? Anyway, if you can find one wearing a Halloween costume, sweet, but not necessary.

Last edited by Burque73; 10-15-2016, 08:59 PM.
                        Roger

Current rides
                        1983 GS 850G
                        2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

I know that wedding pic was pretty lousy. Is it acceptable?
                          Roger

Current rides
                          1983 GS 850G
                          2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

I'm quite new here, but I see a wedding and I see what I presume is your bike. So you get the points!

Comment

Originally posted by Plinius10 View Post
                              I'm quite new here, but I see a wedding and I see what I presume is your bike. So you get the points!
                              Welcome, and thank you!

Your avatar pic cracks me up. Got any cell towers nearby?
                              Roger

Current rides
                              1983 GS 850G
                              2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

OK, could not find a cell tower dresssed for Halloween, so had to split it up.

Here is your cell tower:

This is the city of Fairborn's tribute to the "Home of Flight", celebrating the Wright brothers, and is almost within spitting distance of Wright-Patterson Air Force Base.

Here is a close-up. It's a little hard to see from this angle, but there are three jet silhouettes at the top of the swirly thing going up the post.

For the next tag, how about an easy one? Let's see a YARD dressed up for Halloween.

For the icing on the cake, Mrs. Steve and I just got back from getting that tag right at sunset, so here is a sunset pic to boot:

sigpic
                                mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                                hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                                #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                                #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                                Family Portrait
                                Siblings and Spouses
                                Mom's first ride
                                Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                                (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Working...
                                X