This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
    I went to a couple of wedding venues and this is apparently the time to get hitched. I witnessed three weddings in progress. The first was a really young couple. I stopped the bike on the other side of the fence but didn't dismount. As I looked around I was surrounded by the wedding attendees and, well, it was super awkward so down the road I went, QUICKLY! So, on to the next popular spot, old town plaza. There's a great gazebo in the middle of the plaza. Here's a pic of the bride and groom, among many others others, in the gazebo. Took a quick pic as not to distract from their event.

Now the next tag. A cell tower. This one is cleverly disguised to fit in with the neighborhood pine trees. It doesn't really though, does it? Notice how all the other trees keep their distance? Anyway, if you can find one wearing a Halloween costume, sweet, but not necessary.

I know of a high end neighborhood that has a cell tower made to blend in with the natural surroundings. It may be hidden too well to get a good shot of, but if I can get there before dark tomorrow, I'll try to get it. Just not sure I'll have time to grab a next tag. It may be a two day tag.
    GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
      I know of a high end neighborhood that has a cell tower made to blend in with the natural surroundings. It may be hidden too well to get a good shot of, but if I can get there before dark tomorrow, I'll try to get it. Just not sure I'll have time to grab a next tag. It may be a two day tag.
      Looks like Steve found the cell tower. What's the Halloween decoration scene like around your place?
      Roger

Current rides
      1983 GS 850G
      2003 FJR 1300A
      Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post

This is the city of Fairborn's tribute to the "Home of Flight", celebrating the Wright brothers, and is almost within spitting distance of Wright-Patterson Air Force Base.

Here is a close-up. It's a little hard to see from this angle, but there are three jet silhouettes at the top of the swirly thing going up the post.

For the icing on the cake, Mrs. Steve and I just got back from getting that tag right at sunset, so here is a sunset pic to boot:

Nice!
        We stopped in to see the Air And Space Museum (proper name?) there 33 years ago when I was 10. Amazing stuff! I've always wanted to go back again. Nice sunset pic too!
        Roger

Current rides
        1983 GS 850G
        2003 FJR 1300A
        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
          Nice!
          We stopped in to see the Air And Space Museum (proper name?) there 33 years ago when I was 10. Amazing stuff! I've always wanted to go back again. Nice sunset pic too!
          The "Air and Space Museum" is part of the Smithsonian Museum in Washington, DC.

What we have here is the National Museum of the US Air Force.

Come on back, it's changed a little bit since you were here. We moved here about 34 years ago, the museum has more than doubled in size since then. Some of the displays that were outside or in another area (accessed only by a tram) are now in the same complex.

Admission is still free, making it one of the best attractions in the Dayton area.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Easy? I've yet to see any decorations whatsoever least of all Halloween. But that might have something to do with the difference on our location
            But I'll keep on the lookout. happy hunting!

Comment

Originally posted by Plinius10 View Post
              Easy? I've yet to see any decorations whatsoever least of all Halloween. But that might have something to do with the difference on our location
              But I'll keep on the lookout. happy hunting!
              I took the description of the tag from Burque to read....a cell tower. You will get bonus points if it is decorated.
              2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
                I took the description of the tag from Burque to read....a cell tower. You will get bonus points if it is decorated.
                true, but a few post later Steve got the cell tower points so they're gone for ever!

Comment

There's not much in the way of Halloween decor around here yet. I've seen a few inflatable pumpkins and such. Will head out later to try and find something interesting unless someone grabs it first.
                  Roger

Current rides
                  1983 GS 850G
                  2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

I can easily get a cell tower. If it up on Saturday, I will go get one.

Edit: And if the weather does what they say it will... Supposed to be nice but cool...
                    '83 GS 1100T
                    The Jet

sigpic
                    '95 GSXR 750w
                    The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Hey, looky here. A yard all dressed up and ready for trick or treaters. These inflatable things crack me up. Seems they get more elaborate every year.

How about for the next one a barber shop with a twisty pole out front. Seems everyone's gearing up for the upcoming festivities now, with the painted windows and all.

Roger

Current rides
                      1983 GS 850G
                      2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Here we go then, a barbers pole, as requested

and your next challenge is a cable car...

Had a great day out finding these, love this game.
                        The continuing renovation of a GS850L

Comment

Fantastic tag. Albuquerque has a cable car that climbs 5000 feet above the city. We'll see how soon I can get up there though
                          Maybe one of the other GSR members in this city could go grab it wink wink nudge nudge
                          Last edited by Burque73; 10-21-2016, 11:05 AM.
                          Roger

Current rides
                          1983 GS 850G
                          2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Just for incentive, you can probably also think "ski lift", if you have any in your area.

sigpic
                            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                            Family Portrait
                            Siblings and Spouses
                            Mom's first ride
                            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Nice tag Cyrano. I might go after that if it ever stops raining.
                              1985 GSX750SF (BOTM March 2015)
                              1986 GSX750SG (parts bike/project?)

Comment

Today found out that none of the many barbers here have the polethingy, nice hunting though This is a great game!

Comment

Working...
                                X