Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This I can get when I have the spare time.
    GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Sorry it took so long, but here is a local scuba shop.

Next tag is a tiny house on the water, not houseboat. I saw this one on Zillow while looking for waterfront houses. $230k for 500 sqft.

It actually looks nice, but when you see if in person it sure is small. Sorry I didn't realize I made it too specific.

*****EDIT***** It does not need to be on water. Any tiny house will work.

Last edited by gsrick; 07-01-2018, 08:29 AM.
      GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Tag change update.

I just realized while checking on the game that i may have made the tag a little too specific. Any tiny house will do, I'm also going for a ride before we get our daily afternoon rains. If I see something else as an option I will post it.
        GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

A tiny house is a great tag, Rick. On the water is the part I struggled with so thanks for clarifying.

I thought I'd improvise with a doll house as it would be pretty "tiny" and float it in a puddle next to the bike. Kinda cheating but that's all I was coming up with.
          Roger

Current rides
          1983 GS 850G
          2003 FJR 1300A
          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Ugh, I wished I had checked into this on my way back from Kentucky today
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I found a "tiny house". After looking all over the mountains East of Albuquere, South to Mountainair heading West to Belen and back up the Rio Grande valley, I settled on one two blocks from my house. It was a terrific ride and real cool in the mountains.

Rick, if you don't like this just say so and we'll see what Cowboy can find. I know the owner and he calls it a tiny house. He has installed a kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and it looks fantastic inside. Sorry, no pics of the interior.

If that's accepted, for the new tag how about a pump that serves real gas without ethanol.

Roger

Current rides
              1983 GS 850G
              2003 FJR 1300A
              Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Please don't wait on me Roger as I need to do some maintenance on both my GS and Bandit so I won't be back out for a few more days. I just wish I had checked as I passed a couple that I could have used for this tag on the way home

1981 GS550T - My First

Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die

Comment

I'm on the fence with this one, Roger. It's not really a tiny house, but I don't want to tie up the game. I say if someone can get a tiny house by next weekend they get the tag, if not, it stands and I can get the non ethanol tag in less that two minutes.
                  GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
                    I'm on the fence with this one, Roger. It's not really a tiny house, but I don't want to tie up the game. I say if someone can get a tiny house by next weekend they get the tag, if not, it stands and I can get the non ethanol tag in less that two minutes.
                    No worries that my bus/ house pic is a reject. I will look for something closer to what you had in mind or like you said, maybe someone else will get it.
                    Roger

Current rides
                    1983 GS 850G
                    2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

optional tag

How about a river or lake view as an alternative. Since it's the July 4th, one with Old Glory in the scene would be a bonus. I took this Sunday on the '79 850G for an alternative tag. This is from the northside of Lake Monroe in the community of Stone Island. Lake Monroe is part of the St, Johns River. That is Sanford Fl. on the other side way in the back ground and is where that little house pics were taken.
                      GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Here ya go Rick...

Rode up to the Norris Dam, near Norris, TN this morning. You can just see the Clinch River behind the bike, and the spillway off Norris Lake above.
                        Also your flag is at the top of the dam tower.

The next tag is your bike and a hydroelectric dam...(if that is too difficult, we can settle for any dam).
                        Last edited by Baatfam; 07-06-2018, 07:43 PM.
                        Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                        '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

If I can get out Sunday like I want then I can try to get this; now to decide where to go - Ohio or Indiana

1981 GS550T - My First

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
                            If I can get out Sunday like I want then I can try to get this; now to decide where to go - Ohio or Indiana
                            If that's the toughest decision you're faced with this weekend, you're in pretty good shape. LoL
                            Roger

Current rides
                            1983 GS 850G
                            2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

I hope you can get it, because FL isn't known for it's dams and the one that I know if is a wee little thing.
                              GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

A honking big dam.
                                The Robert Moses Power Plant along the Niagara River in Lewiston NY.
                                If you real close you can see Eli in the background. haha.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/28QHz85]

Last edited by steve murdoch; 07-07-2018, 09:26 PM.
                                2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Working...
                                X