This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next tag is a water park.
    No doubt it has been done before but i hope not recently.
    This one happens to be on the water but anything will do. Splash pads, Lazy River, water slides.
    Just don't look creepy hanging around the park getting the pic.

2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

I like that dam picture
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by steve murdoch View Post
        Next tag is a water park.
        No doubt it has been done before but i hope not recently.
        This one happens to be on the water but anything will do. Splash pads, Lazy River, water slides.
        Just don't look creepy hanging around the park getting the pic.
        Here's the Hotel Cascada with it's water slide coming out the side of the building.

Roger

Current rides
        1983 GS 850G
        2003 FJR 1300A
        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Next tag is a house or building that just doesn't fit in/ bizarre architecture.

Roger

Current rides
          1983 GS 850G
          2003 FJR 1300A
          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Cool house and good tag.
            GSRick
            No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
            Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
              I like that dam picture
              Take all the dam pictures you want. Does anybody have any dam questions.

1985 GSX750SF (BOTM March 2015)
              1986 GSX750SG (parts bike/project?)

Comment

Originally posted by odin1 View Post
                Take all the dam pictures you want. Does anybody have any dam questions.

Hey, watch you dam language, this isn't the Vortex.
                GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

I got two tag photos on of a hospital here in Central Fl and a vintage mobile home that sticks out among the normal ones.

My pic is from the right of the first stock photo and from the left of the second stock photo.

Next tag is an unusual sculpture using scrap.

Last edited by gsrick; 07-17-2018, 11:09 PM.
                  GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Boy, that mobile home sure does stick out! Didn't know they made double decker ones. Come to think of it I may have seen the owner of that home passing through Albuquerque.

Here they are at Home Depot a couple of months ago.

Roger

Current rides
                    1983 GS 850G
                    2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Rick, how are you liking the 1150?
                      sigpic
                      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
                      -Rusty old scooter.
                      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
                      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                        Rick, how are you liking the 1150?
                        It's a different feel than all my other GS's, but I like it. I was surprised by the foot peg position being a lot higher than my 1100, but it's not that much different than the position of the GSX1100G. The hand position is a lot like my FJ1100, but that has lower foot peg position. That bike fits me like a glove. It has a weird whistle sound to it that my other GS's don't have and there is quite a bit of vibration through the handle bars that I fell through different RPM ranges. I'm going to go through the valves and possibly pull the carbs soon and give them a through cleaning in my ultrasonic cleaner, but I've been having fun riding it. Hopefully clearing out the carbs and setting the valve clearances will remove that. I also found out it doesn't have the proper clear on the tank and really have to be careful filling it. When I get the time I may color sand it lightly and put a couple of coats of 2K on it before it really gets screwed up.
                        GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Glad you're enjoying it.
                          Yes they are buzzy. I found that synching the carbs has helped quite a bit on mine, but hasn't fully stopped it. Suzuki had two different bar end weights over the years, I'm assuming to address the buzz, but I never experimented. Aftermarket bars on mine.

When you do the valves be VERY careful tightening the vav cover bolts. They strip really easy.
                          sigpic
                          When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
                          -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
                            Glad you're enjoying it.
                            Yes they are buzzy. I found that synching the carbs has helped quite a bit on mine, but hasn't fully stopped it. Suzuki had two different bar end weights over the years, I'm assuming to address the buzz, but I never experimented. Aftermarket bars on mine.

When you do the valves be VERY careful tightening the vav cover bolts. They strip really easy.
                            Thanks for the info Glen. How did you put different bars on it. Before I got mine, a guy I sold a part to mentioned one of the things he didn't like was the hand position of the bars and that there was no adjustment.
                            GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

I have Telefix fully adjustable ons I got from e bay (used) I Unbolted the stockers, installed the replacements. They were listed as fitting my bike, but I was a bit concerned at first because the clip on socket hit the top yoke before it was fully seated- the fork is about 3/4 of the way thru. Its been fine for the last ten plus years though.

I didn't like the odd angle of the stock ones. One of my albums here has a picture.
                              sigpic

Glen
                              -Rusty old scooter.

Comment

Rick, I can't see your new tag post. Scrap art right? It was here a while ago.

Here's an unusual collection of scrap/ art. Tin man, looks like a baseball catcher's knee pads and shin guards sprayed silver but mostly metal. Also some weird glass enclosure with a soldier in it, and an airplane. Odd collection, hope it fits the bill...

Roger

Current rides
                                1983 GS 850G
                                2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Working...
                                X