Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next tag - your bike AND A RIDING PARTNER near an old fashioned Pay phone booth (does not have to be active). Your partner can be a rider or passenger but the point of this tag is to get out with someone.

Because I’m posting this from my phone, I’ll post a better picture later but this will have to do for now

Untitled by Scott Baker, on Flickr
    Last edited by cowboyup3371; 07-29-2018, 02:33 PM.
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
      Next tag - your bike AND A RIDING PARTNER near an old fashioned Pay phone booth (does not have to be active). Your partner can be a rider or passenger but the point of this tag is to get out with someone.

Because I’m posting this from my phone, I’ll post a better picture later but this will have to do for now

https://flic.kr/p/28vDLbb
      The pay phone is a good legit tag, but adding that there has to be a rider or passenger is too restrictive. I ran back out with the rain on my tail.

The next tag is an entrance guard house. This one is just for show, I'm sure.

I'm throwing in a church pic from this morning for good measure.
      GSRick
      No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
      Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Guard house at Kirtland Air Force Base, Wyoming Blvd gate. I was born just on the other side of this gate. The hospital has been demolished due to asbestos.

Roger

Current rides
        1983 GS 850G
        2003 FJR 1300A
        Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

I'll paste a super big pic cause this is cool stuff.

Here's the back yard of the National Atomic Museum with a mock up of the tower used to test the first nuclear device in White Sands Missile Range. That's the new tag, a tower. If you can find one with a nuke on it, bonus points...

Roger

Current rides
          1983 GS 850G
          2003 FJR 1300A
          Gone but not forgotten 1985 Rebel 250, 1991 XT225, 2004 KLR650, 1981 GS850G, 1982 GS1100GL, 2002 DL1000, 2005 KLR650, 2003 KLX400

Comment

Bumping this to say any tower will do. Guard tower at a jail, water tower, communications tower, observation tower...
            Roger

Current rides
            1983 GS 850G
            2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Originally posted by Burque73 View Post
              Bumping this to say any tower will do. Guard tower at a jail, water tower, communications tower, observation tower...
              Geeeze Roger, for someone that was leaving the forum you sure are impatient.
              GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Originally posted by gsrick View Post
                Geeeze Roger, for someone that was leaving the forum you sure are impatient.
                Yeah, I'm trying to wean off. It's a curious thing, the fascination with this place. Figured if I mentioned my intention it would help me follow through and not spend so much time on my bum, but instead focusing on work and stuff.

Guess that's out the window!
                Roger

Current rides
                1983 GS 850G
                2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Yeah, I'm trying to wean off. It's a curious thing, the fascination with this place. Figured if I mentioned my intention it would help me follow through and not spend so much time on my bum, but instead focusing on work and stuff.

Guess that's out the window!
                  There are many here that won't think that's a bad thing.
                  GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Finally getting a chance at this tag. This tower is the latest attraction in Orlando. It's tower swing. 450 ft. Orlando Starflyer. https://youtu.be/ZQb8lvXwFJY

Any takers for a ride?

New tag, go kart track.
                    Last edited by gsrick; 08-05-2018, 11:37 AM.
                    GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

I don't know if this is too hard, since no one has posted lately. I'm going out and will find an alternative tag and post it when I get back.
                      As an alternative to the go kart track, how about a camp entrance or fake train depot setting.
                      Camp Boggy Creek
                      Last edited by gsrick; 08-19-2018, 10:31 AM.
                      GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

RIP Ricing Game? Maybe it's time has come and gone.
                        GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

maybe it's that it's kind of similar to pic-of-the-week. More folks are involved over in that thread.
                          This general discussion area is to be used as the <b>non-controversial topics</b>. This forum is open to all. Forum rules apply!
                          Rich
                          1982 GS 750TZ
                          2015 Triumph Tiger 1200

BikeCliff's / Charging System Sorted / Posting Pics
                          Destroy-Rebuild 750T/ Destroy-Rebuild part deux

Comment

I have enjoyed this game for a couple of years. Definitely more fun when at least five or six others played. Rick, something weird is happening in that your last two or three posts didn't show up when I hit the "New Posts" button on top. Didn't see your tower pic until days after you posted it. And again with the train thing, just showed up today.

I actually went out a week ago and got the go kart pic but had to run some errands immediately after and never found a new tag. I'll admit it's not too difficult to just find something. Doesn't have to be a pink elephant or whatever, just something!

We've tried to change things up a bit but it just doesn't get the participation any more. Someone told me that after a day of riding, to get to a computer immediately and upload/ post pics was not something they were interested in doing. Family was waiting for them and to walk in and say hi, I'm home but now gotta sit in front of a computer, so not really home yet. Or something like that... Maybe just the different format of that other picture game was what folks needed. We all enjoy taking pictures, especially pictures of bikes, and this interaction with folks around the world while getting to see parts of Europe or Africa or Canada or Texas (yeah it's like another country) has been super fun. I'll keep riding and finding things to post here when I can. Hope it continues.
                            Roger

Current rides
                            1983 GS 850G
                            2003 FJR 1300A

Comment

Originally posted by Rich82GS750TZ View Post
                              maybe it's that it's kind of similar to pic-of-the-week. More folks are involved over in that thread.
                              https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...-the-week-game
                              Nah, the Riding Game has been around for years and it may finally have run it course. I have to use a flip phone for my picture taking and the quality just isn't good enough for that game. I've used up just about every tag idea in my neck of the woods over the last 7 years and was just helping it to move along at times anyway. It can end, it had a good run, nearly a decade. Maybe some news guys will come along some day with some new blood and revive it like Roger did for this past year or so. Photobucket's shenanigans has also put a glitch into the system.
                              GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

I have enjoyed this game for a couple of years. Definitely more fun when at least five or six others played. Rick, something weird is happening in that your last two or three posts didn't show up when I hit the "New Posts" button on top. Didn't see your tower pic until days after you posted it. And again with the train thing, just showed up today.

I actually went out a week ago and got the go kart pic but had to run some errands immediately after and never found a new tag. I'll admit it's not too difficult to just find something. Doesn't have to be a pink elephant or whatever, just something!

We've tried to change things up a bit but it just doesn't get the participation any more. Someone told me that after a day of riding, to get to a computer immediately and upload/ post pics was not something they were interested in doing. Family was waiting for them and to walk in and say hi, I'm home but now gotta sit in front of a computer, so not really home yet. Or something like that... Maybe just the different format of that other picture game was what folks needed. We all enjoy taking pictures, especially pictures of bikes, and this interaction with folks around the world while getting to see parts of Europe or Africa or Canada or Texas (yeah it's like another country) has been super fun. I'll keep riding and finding things to post here when I can. Hope it continues.
                                I put the blame on PB. They have literally screwed up a good thing. It's become a pain just to look at my own page.
                                GSRick

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018

Comment

Working...
                                X