Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang it and the weather just turned pretty cold in the mornings for me to ride in during the week. Hopefully the tag will still be here come Saturday.
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Pearland train station:

New tag:
      A Farm House that has been made into a museum:

Preferably a farm house that is a couple hundred years old.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

aww. damn. got that tag on the way home tonight! ah well.

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheMan View Post
          Ok, the previous poster with the daytime full moon didn't provide a tag, so here's the new tag (I've made the possibly disputed decision that I can do this)
          Here's the tag: Any passenger railway station that has historic value, operating or not, preferably on the National Historic Registry or on a State Historic Site registery.
          Its fine with me, keep the game going. I had an emergency call (flex-line blew at a water heater and they could'nt get the water shut off) from a client and have not had a chance to post a new tag so I will use the one I had in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Deano View Post
            I will use the one I had in the future.
            The jest of the game is to see the Tag and then go get it. No file photos.
            82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Sadly I was on my bicycle when I took these. Just sharing photos of old houses....

This is my wifes Great x 4 Uncles house in Lanesboro, MN. He was kicked by a horse and died. His wife, Anna, sold the house to a doctor who turned it into a hospital. Later it was a B&B and now its privately owned.

Anna, my wifes Great x 4 Aunt, who was now a widow built a new house in town. This house is a B&B today.

We also visited my wifes family plot. Her GGGG Grandfather & Grandmother.
              Thats some old stuff !!

OK....Back to the Game....Your Bike and an Old Farm House / Museum.
              82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Well, it is an old farm house that is also something else, but not a museum, a morgue/funeral home!

proof i was there on the bike:

i didn't want to leave the bike because holy CRAP is it windy, and i was worried about it blowing over.

Next tag... POLICE TRAINING!

Comment

Originally posted by seuadr View Post
                  Well, it is an old farm house that is also something else, but not a museum, a morgue/funeral home!

Not really what I intended but in the spirit of getting out and riding it's a good tag especially with the weather the way its been lately

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
                    The jest of the game is to see the Tag and then go get it. No file photos.
                    I think what he meant was he has a nice NEW tag to use for next time when he gets someone elses tag. Probably not the way its intended but not the same as submitting a file photo for someone elses tag. I try to keep some ideas and just get a fresh pic when I get one of these.

Not sure what we got for police training around here... need to use google and do some stalking for that one.

Comment

Originally posted by wacky941 View Post
                      Not really what I intended but in the spirit of getting out and riding it's a good tag especially with the weather the way its been lately
                      oh man, sorry! i had in my head " old farmhouse, preferably a museum, and now i re-read it and see it was preferably over 200 years old

Comment

Seuadr, I think it's a good tag especially now that the weather IS turning for the year. The game will probably slow down some anyway so let's keep going for it.

Now since I rode into work today I wonder where I can find the training facility. Can't use the base cops for obvious reasons so...
                        Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
                        1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
                        2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
                        Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
                        and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

K-9 training facility (Crappy pic )

The place where you buy your fav adult beverage. Its Friday night
                          !!

82 1100 EZ (red)

Comment

K-9 training facility (Crappy pic )

The place where you buy your fav adult beverage. Its Friday night
                            !!

I could not help but notice what looks to be a voltmeter on your upper tripple handlebar mount and have to ask how you like it, is it waterproof? Would you recommend it?

Comment

Its a piece-of-crap. NOT waterproof. Cheap - $25. The wire is junk. Re-wire it with some 22759/16-22.

Yes ! I recommend it. After my RR crapped out I got a Duane unit and that Voltmeter. Its great to see 14.5 vdc and know your battery is charging.

Digital 5-Function Volt Meter

ps wacky: stop looking so close at my beater.
                              Last edited by bonanzadave; 10-30-2010, 11:45 AM.
                              82 1100 EZ (red)

Comment

ps wacky: stop looking so close at my beater.

I cant help it, it's my voyeuristic tendencies coming out!

Comment

Working...
                                X