Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, a country church in a small (less than 800 pop) town will work as well. That's where this one is. Many closed up storefronts, not a lot left to the town, but the church is there.

Comment

Country church (steeple hidden by tree):

Next, a NEW barn (i was gonna do this if i snagged the "old, weathered barn" tag):

extra credit for a flock of geese.

it's gettin COLD out there!
      2002 bmw r1150gs 1978 gs1000E skunk les pew 1979 gs1000L dragbike
      82 gs1100L probably the next project
      1980 gs1000G the ugly 1978 gs750E need any parts?
      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m_m2oYJkx1A
      1978 gs1000E skunk #2 RLAP

Comment

Does the steeple have a belfry (bell tower with bell)? Of course, I have to take your word for it that it has a steeple.............

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheMan View Post
          Does the steeple have a belfry (bell tower with bell)? Of course, I have to take your word for it that it has a steeple.............
          yep, i was working nearby and actually heard it ring. forgot about the steeple business when taking picture cuz i was busy freezing.

Comment

Eli, I can't see your picture here at work but I'm assuming it's of a pretty new barn of within the last 20 years or so? Basically the new ones that look like they are made of the vinyl?

I will get it on the way home today then.
            Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
            1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
            2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
            Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
            and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by cowboyup3371 View Post
              Eli, I can't see your picture here at work but I'm assuming it's of a pretty new barn of within the last 20 years or so? Basically the new ones that look like they are made of the vinyl?

I will get it on the way home today then.
              go for it. gotta get as many as we can before the snow falls. dern southerners will take over soon....

Comment

Here's a barn. Not as new as I really wanted but that one's owners aren't in town right now and I didn't feel right taking a picture without them here.

Here's the next tag...an informational sign that tells you to really think about stopping in the previous town (less than 500 feet back) for gas as nothing else exists for quite awhile. Doesn't matter the distance.

1981 GS550T - My First

Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die

Comment

Here's the next tag...an informational sign that tells you to really think about stopping in the previous town (less than 500 feet back) for gas as nothing else exists for quite awhile. Doesn't matter the distance.

Haha, good one!
                  We are going out for a ride now, but I would have to travel half a day around here to find something like that...
                  I'll keep my eyes open anyway....
                  Bob T. ~~ Play the GSR weekly photo game: Pic of Week Game
                  '83 GS1100E ~ '24 Triumph Speed 400 ~ '01 TRIUMPH TT600 ~ '67 HONDA CUB

Comment

I don't think we have any of those signs in MN. There should be some, but there aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheMan View Post
                      I don't think we have any of those signs in MN. There should be some, but there aren't.
                      Time to go for another ride, Dan.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

So should I give this a few more days or go get a new one tomorrow when I ride the bike into work?

1981 GS550T - My First

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                          Time to go for another ride, Dan.
                          Yeah, I would, but my wife says I have some unfinished work to do here at home....

Comment

So should I give this a few more days or go get a new one tomorrow when I ride the bike into work?
                            One more day. some of those other people in the western states where those signs are common should be able to find one. Or, I'll look in my 200+ photos and see if I took one of those pictures with my bike in it last month....

Comment

Well, I looked through all my trip pictures and in a lapsed moment, I apparently never took a picture of my bike under one of those "No services for 120 miles" signs.....

Comment

Alright, well, I will take a new picture on the way home tonight.

1981 GS550T - My First

Comment

Working...
                                X