Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this isn't a funny, actually looks like a nice bike:

Comment

This doesn't look like a parts bike to me, but there is only one picture.

Comment

Looks like someone transplanted a later model engine into this bike, as it has a TSCC 16 valve head.

Comment

what did this poor bike do to deserve such treatment? another "do your homework this is a $3000 bike" type ad.

Comment

That guy has been trying to sell that hunk of metal on craigslist here in Phoenix for at least a year. I see it pop up every so often. Maybe he can`t take a hint.

Comment

GREAT pictures of the bike.....
              http://victoria.en.craigslist.ca/mcy/1731219524.html
              Kevin
              E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
              "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
              Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Originally posted by GS ace View Post
                What a lot of clowns also do is resurrect a sportbike from a wreck then call it a street fighter. The fairing fitted headlight is replaced with something from a salvage yard because the bodywork was trashed, cheap itty bitty turn signals are slapped on, and the exhaust can, among other parts, is frankensteined from something else. Then comes the rattle cans. I guess it's O.K. if someone does this merely as a means to have something unique to ride, but the intent to build and sell one of these things is squirrelly.
                If you crash a sport bike, that's about all you can do to it. It's not economically feasible to buy or even fix the plastic.

Reminds me of a slightly related story. My buddy owns a motorcycle salvage shop. He had a KZ1300 Touring, you know that water-cooled six behomth. He couldn't sell it, nobody wanted it. So he said screw it, and pulled off all the touring crap off of it and made it a street fighter. Even adjusted the emblem that said "Touring" to say "urin." Bike was snapped up immediately!
                Kevin
                E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
                "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
                Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

...back tore back as far as I can.

WOW!

Comment

have been on bikes for nearly 30 yrs now and never have seen a chain that hadnt snapped long before you were able to get the "TORE all the way back"..WTF??? That made me almost laugh outloud!!! wonder if he will pay me to reweld new teeth on the sprocket for him too?? LMAO!!!!!
                    MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                    1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

That is a 16v bike.

Originally posted by davidduarte View Post
                      http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1981-...item23075b01b7

Looks like someone transplanted a later model engine into this bike, as it has a TSCC 16 valve head.

That is a TSCC bike. No proof of what was done to the bike or it would have sold for twice that price atleast.

Comment

gs850 needs some "pachents"

high miles, high price, high spelling errors:

my favorite is "pachents"

"In the end it would be the best bike for enybody."

Comment

Do custom Quads count?

Really hope the owner has no intentions of off-roading with this. Interesting ride, but pretty useless.

Comment

Originally posted by tx2000bob View Post
                            high miles, high price, high spelling errors:

my favorite is "pachents"

"In the end it would be the best bike for enybody."

WOW!

I mean, did that guy even pay the slightest attention during spelling class. Good stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Tom View Post
                              Really hope the owner has no intentions of off-roading with this. Interesting ride, but pretty useless.

http://cnj.craigslist.org/mcy/1757478500.html

WTF?!?

I can't imagine that creation is street legal. You're right, that can't be used for off road. Where would/could you even ride that thing? How do you go in reverse? Fred Flintstone method?

Comment

yikes!

Originally posted by Tim Tom View Post

http://cnj.craigslist.org/mcy/1757478500.html
                                I thought the praying mantis bike was the worst so far, but this "bike" might take new top honors for worst creation in this thread. So many questions, so scary.

Comment

Working...
                                X