Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Don-lo View Post
    It's rare because few people are bold enough to screw it up so completely and then ask stupid money for it. Please notice the forks!! I'm surprised the gauges and headlight aren't blacked out.

1982 Honda CBR 900 10 speed 5 high and 5 low 30,000 orignal miles matt black finish on entire bike Tires are in great condition This bike even has AIR SHOCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fresh tune up !!!!!!! All THE CARBS WERE JUST REDONE !!!!!!!!!! THIS BIKE IS READY TO RIDE !!!!! 574-214-4386

Friend of mine bought one of these bikes, he popped a gear in the tranny and the cost to fix it was like OMG , far as I know the bike is still sitting in his barn.
    sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
    1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
    2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

I had a 900C sitting in storage for three years that my brother burned-up two exhaust valves. I just sold it as a non-runner for $100. I'm happy to be rid of that pile of crap.

Comment

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

What a waste of a good motorbike.

Eric

Comment

Interesting concept, guess the kids or friends can ride on the back lol....
            sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
            1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
            2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Originally posted by 7981GS View Post
              What a waste of a good motorbike.
              Come on, Eric, maybe it was involved in a front-end crash, and has a bent steering neck.

That means that this was a GREAT RESURRECTION of a "wasted" bike.

sigpic
              mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
              hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
              #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
              #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
              Family Portrait
              Siblings and Spouses
              Mom's first ride
              Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
              (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by nejeff View Post
                This is an all timer. A must see! $2500 but it's stuck in 1st gear? This proves there is an idiot on every corner! http://omaha.craigslist.org/mcy/3238274260.html
                If the gear shifter won't shift "UP" out of first, how does he know it gets "great gas mileage"???
                If I'm not mistaken those bikes are 1 up, 4 down. I know the '82 750's are, my old man has one. Weird to ride...

So, you have to ask, is he really that stupid, or is it really stuck in 1st gear??? AND, why would he think an unride-able bike in rough cosmetic condition is worth twice as much as the same bike in good condition and ride-able???????
                '83 GS 1100T
                The Jet

sigpic
                '95 GSXR 750w
                The Rocket

I'm sick of all these Irish stereotypes! When I finish my beer, I'm punching someone in the face ! ! !

Comment

Yeah cool, continue to wear a helmet that does nothing to protect you...now that's cool!!
                  No signature

Comment

ok then...
                    No signature

Comment

why not just highlight copy n paste so we can see the adds after they are removed?lmao

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                        ok, so no side covers, pods (and likely the carbs haven't been re-jetted), hideous seat with no padding that looks like it was done by a monkey with some vinyl and a rivet gun?

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
                          I'm thinking this person does not know what 'cafe' is. At least they aren't trying to sell it for an outrageous sum. Still more than I'd pay but it's not stupid crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by 5150/gs View Post
                            why not just highlight copy n paste so we can see the adds after they are removed?lmao
                            Here ya go:

Suzuki GS550-Cafe Racer - $1500 (Downtown)

Selling 1982 Suzuki GS550 Katana modified cafe racer bike.
                            New oil changed.
                            New clutch lever and brake lever changed.
                            New spark plugs changed.
                            Good engine, runs great!!
                            Very stylish and great for beginnier.
                            Come see and test to appreciate when deposit on hand.
                            No low baller please.

sigpic
                            mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                            hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                            #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                            #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                            Family Portrait
                            Siblings and Spouses
                            Mom's first ride
                            Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                            (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Aside from the seat it looks pretty nice.

Comment

Working...
                              X