Craigslist "funnies"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SVSooke View Post

I remember that bike,it was at the Spunky's vintage show I went to with Trevor and a few guys from BCCMC.

Wow, he didn't spare any expense huh?
    Especially with those $5 e-bay pods, and those Lowes vacuum hose that goes for 65cents per foot....

What a tool.

Comment

Here's an interesting SOHC Honda. Not sure what he wants to trade for it. Might be out of pink paint??

Comment

Never seen a pink spinnaker before.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

...judging by the blurry photos, he has tears in his eyes when he looks at it...
          I know I do. Thanks
          (and why DO so many craigslist ads have blurry,dark,plain- bad pictures of something to sell?)

Comment

Originally posted by Gorminrider View Post
            ...judging by the blurry photos, he has tears in his eyes when he looks at it...
            I know I do. Thanks
            (and why DO so many craigslist ads have blurry,dark,plain- bad pictures of something to sell?)
            What cracks me up, is when they supply photos, but are so small, they are worthless

Full size, not a thumbnail

Comment

1986 suzuki 650 brat project - $500 (Pleasant Ridge)

Date: 2013-01-09, 8:21PM EST
              Reply to this postReply to: hcw7r-3534822401@sale.craigslist.org[?]

1986 Suzuki savage 650 brat project. engine needs rebuilt, but has clean title harley pnut tank and muffler. Has a lot of potential. calls only to 513-498-8034 thanks. $500.00

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
              PostingID:3534822401
              Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
              87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
              99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
              15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

Lots of potential is code for pile of crap.

Why do people take off the fenders? Is that supposed to look 'cool'? Have the never actually ridden a bike before, and don't realize it's not there to be pretty, it's there to do a job? Hell, I'd have ditched the fairing in a minute, right along with those goofy bars, but the fender looked nice.. some polish on that bike would've increased it's value, the paint turned it into a future parts bike lol.
                Last edited by Guest; 01-10-2013, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nejeff View Post
                  I know this was on here before months ago but its such a joke I share it again...and the price is down $1000 from last summer http://lincoln.craigslist.org/mcy/3522158065.html
                  "I need to part with this bike for medical reasons."
                  This seems to be a common statement. If I rode a bike like that I would need a chiropractor.
                  1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
                  1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Really doesn't need anything, but maybe a paint job!

Replaced with a real motorcycle would be a good start.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Really no excuse for bad photos on CL. 99% of cameras today let you actually see what you took a picture of. Or they think the "accent" of the picture will mask something. Crappy angles, half the bike in the picture - why bother?

Comment

I started looking at bikes on craigslist about a year ago and ended up writing an article on my blog as a passive-agressive response to all the utterly crap ads on there. It's mostly a list of my top peeves when scanning ads with some not-so-witty commentary:

How (Not) to Sell a Motorcycle on Craigslist: http://bityard.blogspot.com/2012/03/...craiglist.html
                        Charles
                        --
                        1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

I liked your little rant.
                          De-stinking Penelope http://thegsresources.com/_forum/sho...d.php?t=179245

http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...35#post1625535

Comment

79GS850 - $2800 (Anderson )

Date: 2013-01-11, 4:28PM EST
                            Reply to this postReply to: 9hvqs-3539109471@sale.craigslist.org[?]

79 GS 850 Rat Rod. New carbs, jets, and battery. $2800 OBO. Call
                            (513)430-0319
                            Current stable:

85 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
                            87 Kawasaki ZL1000 Eliminator
                            99 Kawasaki ZRX1100 Eddie Lawson replica
                            15 Yamaha VMAX - The Maroon Monsoon

Comment

Originally posted by 83GS1100E_Tornado View Post
                              79GS850 - $2800 (Anderson )

Date: 2013-01-11, 4:28PM EST
                              Reply to this postReply to: 9hvqs-3539109471@sale.craigslist.org[?]

79 GS 850 Rat Rod. New carbs, jets, and battery. $2800 OBO. Call
                              (513)430-0319
                              I have a better offer.

You know, that may actually run ok. Well, it may actually run.

Another of those rat bike projects that no one wants to ride, even its creator.

Comment

I almost spit my coffee out reading this ad!! Just to entertaining!

No signature

Comment

Working...
                                X